GDT: Game #78 - 04.05.14 - at Tampa Bay - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest Plus - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Don't worry, I'm sure the Stars will make it interesting.

Yeah, the games against the Floridas and the Islanders or the world have been some of the biggest gut punching losses we've had this year.

Of course Florida will recognize the chance for a win with us playing on the 2nd night of the back to back, and I expect their best effort tomorrow night. They've beaten us once before this year, and it could happen again.

That being said I've really liked the effort level of the Stars in these back to back sets this year. They've definitely turned the corner from the team where it was an automatic loss, and they've beaten some good teams in this situation. I'm hopeful that they can get the result and put Phoenix in the position where they have to win out to even have a chance.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Yeah, the games against the Floridas and the Islanders or the world have been some of the biggest gut punching losses we've had this year.

Of course Florida will recognize the chance for a win with us playing on the 2nd night of the back to back, and I expect their best effort tomorrow night. They've beaten us once before this year, and it could happen again.

What a gut punch that opening game of the year was. Season was over from there. :laugh:

MetalGodAOD*

Ya let's not act like tomorrow is a given. We play down to our opponents all the time.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
What a gut punch that opening game of the year was. Season was over from there. :laugh:

well I'm generalizing a bit. I meant non-playoff teams in general. The tough loses to the Flames and the Hurricanes are the most recent examples. I would say that the Stars have done better than expected most nights against the top teams in the league (with the obvious exception of Chicago who have dominated us every time out) and they've left a ton of points on the board against the bottom half of the league.

Florida and Nashville are the obvious chances to pad the record. We need the team to be focused and play a full 60 minutes to ensure the win against those teams.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
But seriously, the guys beat St. Louis and Tampa but can't get nothing going against Caroline? WTF is with them... Can't be mad at the loss to Canes no that they picked up 4/4 points against the "harder" opponents.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
But seriously, the guys beat St. Louis and Tampa but can't get nothing going against Caroline? WTF is with them... Can't be mad at the loss to Canes no that they picked up 4/4 points against the "harder" opponents.

The only difference between tonight and the Carolina game is the 1st period goaltending the opposing team got.

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
The only difference between tonight and the Carolina game is the 1st period goaltending the opposing team got.

seems to determine the play for the team this year. If they get one, two in the first half of the first period they are gold, if not, the chances seem iffy.

[but that PP tho....]

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
fun fact: after tonight Kari has played the most by any goaltender in the league (despite missing time twice?). Some say overworked, Ruff says not!

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
BkgOzsrIYAAd7K6.jpg:large

:biglaugh:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Was at the Habs game tonight. There was a huge cheer when they showed the Stars-TB score.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
would be fun to do a trip up when we play Toronto and Montreal if they play them in succession possibly throw in Ottawa.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
would be fun to do a trip up when we play Toronto and Montreal if they play them in succession possibly throw in Ottawa.

This year they played them at random times. It'd definitely be an expensive trio to attend. Well not Ottawa, but Toronto and Montreal tickets cost an arm and a leg.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Ruff has to stop riding Goligoski and Daley. Either play Nemeth or play Connauton but don't ride Goli and Daley 25+ minutes into the ground night in and night out.

seasontixholder*

Jets fan here. Way to go Stars. I'd love you guys to beat out the desert mutts for the last playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad