BRUINS GDT GAME 77 - THE BEAR needs no motivation for this game - TNT, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

1680413004899.png

1680413155034.png

1680413204361.png

1680413093307.png

The Bruins need to win 4 of their last 6 to break the NHL points record which should be motivation enough but if they need more just look up during the anthem.

1680413589913.png

It should also be a wake-up call for the real season that starts in 15 days.

The most aggravating thing from 2019 is the Bruins won 2 of the 3 games in St. Louis and lost THREE at home.

:cry:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'm on team rest the older guys from here on out. Get Steen back up here and tell him to bring Lysell. Let Marchy, Bergy, and Krejci heal up a bit before the playoffs. Let them play a game or two each week to stay in game shape/up to speed, but try to minimize their wear and tear.

Bertuzzi-Zacha-Pasta
DeBrusk-Coyle-Lysell
Greer-Frederic-Hathaway
Lauko-Nosek-Steen

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
All I want to happen in this game is for the B's to play 60 solid minutes and beat these arseholes good, and then get out of St Louis with NO injuries

I'd also like to see Steen go in for Krejci and another AHLer sub in for Marchand

..and one more thing. Somebody please take a wicked slapshot at Berube's ugly mug while he's complaining to the refs for no good reason

That's not asking too much ...is it??

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
A win with no injuries would be amazing. I can't watch this one but will try to stay away from the internet so I don't know the score. Not sure if I can. After so many weekends with stupid start times, I can't juggle things to see this game.

So close now, please hockey gods, no injuries to the Bruins.

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
Just looked at the standings and it seems any team in the top 8 are worthy of winning. My question to myself is who would I rather see the Bruins play in round one Florida or Pittsburgh?? My answer would be Pittsburgh because we have had problems with the Cats and they won their game quite easily last night 7-0. I dunno as it seems any team we play it paints a different scene. So I am going to make it simple and say just play your best and JUST WIN!!!

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Maybe I missed it but did anyone hear anything about Marchand nursing an injury? We all know he's streaky, but going from arguably their best player to the way he's struggled the last month I didn't know if anything was leaked out about being hurt or if this is just one of his streaky phases.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Maybe I missed it but did anyone hear anything about Marchand nursing an injury? We all know he's streaky, but going from arguably their best player to the way he's struggled the last month I didn't know if anything was leaked out about being hurt or if this is just one of his streaky phases.
He did say his hip or hips were "not where he expected them to be." That is exactly what it looks like. They have to rest him. The only reason he is not getting embarrassed is because of his dogged work ethic. Even with that, he is turning over the puck 80% of the time.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Yeah he definitely doesn’t look right,he doesn’t seem to be shooting as much and when he does really doesn’t have much on it and it’s usually into the goalies chest,he looked a hell of a lot better when he first came back.

Reactions: bobbyorr04

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
He did say his hip or hips were "not where he expected them to be." That is exactly what it looks like. They have to rest him. The only reason he is not getting embarrassed is because of his dogged work ethic. Even with that, he is turning over the puck 80% of the time.
That’s not what he said. He said his game isn’t where he wants it to be. No comment whatsoever on his hips.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Generate lots of speed off the rushes, as you usually do, and they will be easy pickens. Embarrass them and their thug coach, "big chief bleep-head" Keep your heads up and rest Marchand.
They don’t have Bergeron do they have another forward to take his place.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I disagree with the thread title. They are coming off a draining game with travel and no rest against a team that is told to throw cheapshots. It is a game that means nothing, and that requires tons of internal motivation.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That and Marchy's stubbornness are the problem, I think. They can always call up Mclauglin and move up Lauko or something, but they only have 3? call-ups left and are saving them.
Steen is still up so if they want to take out Marchy, DeBrusk can slot over to the left if need be and they can shuffle the lines.

I'm thinking he'll play today and then we won't see him next weekend.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
Just looked at the standings and it seems any team in the top 8 are worthy of winning. My question to myself is who would I rather see the Bruins play in round one Florida or Pittsburgh?? My answer would be Pittsburgh because we have had problems with the Cats and they won their game quite easily last night 7-0. I dunno as it seems any team we play it paints a different scene. So I am going to make it simple and say just play your best and JUST WIN!!!
I absolutely want the Pens. Florida has a strong team that has underachieved this year. They were expected to be tops in the division. For whatever reason they havent been able to pull it together, but it's teams like that that scare me. They have the capability to turn it on. I also don't like the Islanders. They seem like a team that with Sorokin could just all of a sudden turn into a defensive clinic because they can't score. I feel that we know what the Pens are. They have two amazing players, but they're reaching the end with little motivation. It won't be easy anytime you have to face off against a Crosby team, but theyve done it before and this Bruins team is stronger in all aspects.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I absolutely want the Pens. Florida has a strong team that has underachieved this year. They were expected to be tops in the division. For whatever reason they havent been able to pull it together, but it's teams like that that scare me. They have the capability to turn it on. I also don't like the Islanders. They seem like a team that with Sorokin could just all of a sudden turn into a defensive clinic because they can't score. I feel that we know what the Pens are. They have two amazing players, but they're reaching the end with little motivation. It won't be easy anytime you have to face off against a Crosby team, but theyve done it before and this Bruins team is stronger in all aspects.
I don’t like picking a team I would like them to play ,it rarely turns out well lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad