GDT: Game 77: Red Wings vs sabres 1:00 pm et 4/7/24 (TNT, MAX)

MIKELGRW

Jul 13, 2022
South Florida
Screenshot (73).png

Screenshot (74).png

6 games remaining, Lyon is in net. Let's Go Boys!

Reactions: Steve91

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Gee, I wonder if this is a must win game? Does anybody else think so? Glad Columbus took care of business last night. Did anybody get drunk from all the times Lalonde said " great looks" again in the pressers?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Gee, I wonder if this is a must win game?
Greater superlatives are in order.

It's a muster win today?
They mustest get it done?
We're facing a mustard victory?

Yeah, I like that last one. Definitely a mustard victory over the Sabres today.

Reactions: theYman

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"About 24 hours after puck drop this afternoon the town of Buffalo will be experiencing its first total solar eclipse - which is when the Moon gets in the way of light from the Sun - in 99 years. Back here in Detroit the Red Wings seem to have been doing their best lately to get in their own way as they push for their first playoff spot in 7 years, and one hopes that the visiting Sabres don't help eclipse the hopes of the home team for finally returning to the warm light of a post-season run."

- Plausible Keats

Last edited:

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
"About an hour after puck drop this afternoon the town of Buffalo will be experiencing its first total solar eclipse - which is when the Moon gets in the way of light from the Sun - in 99 years. Back here in Detroit the Red Wings seem to have been doing their best lately to get in their own way as they push for their first playoff spot in 7 years, and one hopes that the visiting Sabres don't help eclipse the hopes of the home team for finally returning to the warm light of a post-season run."

- Plausible Keats
It's actually tomorrow.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
wonder how we'll be disappointed today....

-outshot by 20 in the first?
-shorthanded goal against?
-0 for 4 on the powerplay?

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
This is as close as it gets to a must win game.

Every team fighting for that last spot has been trending in an upwards direction with the exception of Philly who’s barely holding on.

A win today and the wings take back the final spot at least until the capitals play later tonight.

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
With an attitude like that it's surprising you get disappointed.

If it were just his attitude and the reality was different, lucky us.

The problem is - based on the season so far, what he wrote is just expected value.. :(

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
Ok, partially. The “badly outshot in the first” part made me agree right away.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
On a cold rainy Minneapolis day I am not trying to simply be a ray of sunshine but...

6 games left.
Neck and neck for a playoff spot.
Mostly against teams that are not markedly better than the Wings.

I get the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" aspects of course, but the reality is that this seems, to me, to be a measurably better position with a measurably better team than we've seen in years.

Sure, if they skate out today and get slapped around I'll be frustrated too, and based on this team's performance lately, that is definitely a possibility, but... wow.

edit- figured out how to do a youtube clip finally, but embedding it here is ickier.

Last edited:

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
The plus side I can watch it on TV. But have to put up with the TNT clowns. What's are record with TNT games this year? I don't know I haven't been keeping track.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Is anybody questioning the lineup? Like wtf?
Czarnik with Kane and Dcat? Is Lalonde really trying to get fired?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Is anybody questioning the lineup? Like wtf?
Czarnik with Kane and Dcat? Is Lalonde really trying to get fired?

Czarnik averages 8 minutes a game. Kane and Dcat play 18 minutes.

Unless he suddenly majorly increases Czanik's icetime I'm assuming those aren't the lines for the game.

Reactions: lilidk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad