GDT: [Game #77] Dallas Stars @ Chicago Blackhawks – 2:30 PM CT (BSSW)

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Will try not too complain too hard, feels like a massive opportunity missed though.

Hope it puts some fire in the stomach overnight.

Blindsummit

Jun 3, 2017
Alberta
The fact that the Hawks were so giddy about winning indicates that they believe they will somehow "luckily" win the draft lottery again regardless of where they finish in the standings.

insomniaddict

Jan 9, 2020
Finland
And I need to stress the fact that tomorrow's game could decide the fate of who wins Central. If we win we'd be up by 5 points on Colorado with 4 games left to play and Avs have by far the tougher remaining schedule.

So yea, as much as it sucks to get beaten by Chicago, a win tomorrow and we'd be close to winning our division. At least we lost to a team we aren't competing against.

Reactions: Sports2

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
And I need to stress the fact that tomorrow's game could decide the fate of who wins Central. If we win we'd be up by 5 points on Colorado with 4 games left to play and Avs have by far the tougher remaining schedule.

So yea, as much as it sucks to get beaten by Chicago, a win tomorrow and we'd be close to winning our division. At least we lost to a team we aren't competing against.
They better play with more energy than tonight. Maybe that’s why though.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Anyways, I thought Bourque had a solid game. Nothing too crazy, should've had a point on that BS interference call, but is what it is. I thought he looked a lot more comfortable in the 3rd period actually surprisingly when the lines were changed.

Also side note I'm disappointed Benn failed to cash in on that open net chance before he deflected the puck in. Would've been a Johnston & Stankoven point :(

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Dude I can't take another loss against Colorado. We win tomorrow and then we can go lose the next two for all I care. But for God's sake beat the Avs!
Maybe getting embarrassed by Chicago will help for motivation. It was already going to be a rough game playing the Avs right after the Oilers lit them up.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
My remaining doubt of this Stars team is that being as balanced as they are, in some way rids the team of needing to have a "guy" who steps up when needed in big moments.

Eg Mackinnon for avs, pastrnak for bruins, tkachuck for Florida, josi or forsberg for preds

In times where you need a big goal, need someone to step up..those teams have a guy who want the puck want to make the play and want to step up.

I hope I'm wrong, but with Dallas I don't see a guy who will do that for us in a moment we will need when trailing early or late...almost feel like there's a bit of looking to someone else to do it.

Worries me a bit, in the playoffs there will be nights we trail late and need a late tying goal or an OT goal. The doubt in my mind which worries me, I don't know if we have that guy to turn to.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
My remaining doubt of this Stars team is that being as balanced as they are, in some way rids the team of needing to have a "guy" who steps up when needed in big moments.

Eg Mackinnon for avs, pastrnak for bruins, tkachuck for Florida, josi or forsberg for preds

In times where you need a big goal, need someone to step up..those teams have a guy who want the puck want to make the play and want to step up.

I hope I'm wrong, but with Dallas I don't see a guy who will do that for us in a moment we will need when trailing early or late...almost feel like there's a bit of looking to someone else to do it.

Worries me a bit, in the playoffs there will be nights we trail late and need a late tying goal or an OT goal. The doubt in my mind which worries me, I don't know if we have that guy to turn to.
we have so many of those guys tho. from the vets like seggy, benn, pavs to the youth core with roope, jrob, wj, miro, harley.
we have plenty of guys with the skill to step up in crunch time.

Reactions: LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
we have so many of those guys tho. from the vets like seggy, benn, pavs to the youth core with roope, jrob, wj, miro, harley.
we have plenty of guys with the skill to step up in crunch time.

Johnston did have 2 series clinching goals last postseason to be fair and Pavelski an OT winner + some huge goals but overall we definitely need more guys to step up in playoff OT. Seems a lot of our players in general go missing once the WCF comes around

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Johnston and Hintz are our two biggest gamebreakers who can take over a game when needed. Neither of them are MacKinnon, McDavid, Kuch, etc but they both have another gear when needed. Hintz should be number 1 alpha but he's not selfish enough and he defers to his slow ass line mates too much.

Reactions: piqued

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
We’ll see him again next season.

The Stars had 89 shot attempts. Chicago had 33.
Join the team on a franchise record win streak, gets his first point overturned, loses to one of the worst teams in the league. On top of it, all, the ref announces, it was a good goal before correcting himself.

I hope he gets more games this year. Maybe even in the playoffs.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Join the team on a franchise record win streak, gets his first point overturned, loses to one of the worst teams in the league. On top of it, all, the ref announces, it was a good goal before correcting himself.

I hope he gets more games this year. Maybe even in the playoffs.
I wouldn't be surprised if he plays game 82 against the Blues to give Seguin one final game off before the playoffs.

Reactions: Kipper 17

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Can't say I'm disappointed with my decision to turn the game off when I did since I got a very nice 6-hour nap in (finally at that age where I understand why everyone loves recliners as they get older, lol).

Based on the final score, it looks like they almost managed to come back, so I assume they cut out the cutesy shit and started playing, but just fell short. Maybe they'll start out stronger against the Avs tomorrow night.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
987569786978.JPG

And I don't think this even knows how to factor in the overturned goal mess

MBTendy

May 6, 2009

I much rather a deep team where all three lines are a real threat to score than being a team that lacks scoring depth but has a game breaker player such as McDavid/Mackinnon etc.

I mean we experienced it during the Benn/Seguin prime years. It was fun, sure. But when it came to playing deep teams when the games mattered, we would come out on the losing end. Edmonton is no different. Colorado, aside from their cup winning year is also no different. They haven’t had much playoff success outside of their cup run.

Reactions: LT

Igright

Apr 18, 2015
But for the chance of winning the regular season, not many people would've worried about just one loss after a 8 game win streak.

Reactions: Sports2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad