GDT: Game 77: Columbus vs. New York Islanders | 4/2 7PM EDT

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
According to Richards it was "part of the process". Just go to sleep realizing Richards is a moron and that it's probably 50/50 that he plays on Saturday. He was very non-committal in the post game. I guess the press box is more beneficial than playing with Letestu and Calvert if they want to see Morin in the top nine.

Interviewing Letestu: "Would you like to play with Dano on your wing?".
Letestu: "Do I need to sell my soul to see this happen?".

The last 5 games, he's had 2 assists and looked a little overwhelmed, nothing wrong with letting him sit out a game, he will be better for it and come back against Pitt and play better and Morin will sit.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
The reason Joey always scores in SO's is because he can go backhand, forehand or just shoot. He outwaits goalies. I'd be scared ****less if I was a 'tender and had to face Joey in a shootout.

He's more skilled than Nash, and will put up better numbers. AINEC

No idea why Nash got brought into this, but I'll be surprised if Johansen has 376 goals when he hits game number 858. Nash had 116 goals in his first 283 games. Johansen has 72 at 265. Nash has been a 60+ point player for almost every season, with a couple of those seasons shortened for various reasons (so he would have been pro-rated). Johansens last two seasons have been on par with what is pretty much normal for Nash.

If your statement to be accurate, Johansen is going to have to do a lot of catch-up and take his game to a totally new level. He needs to become a consistent PPG player. Potential? Sure. But certainly not certain.

Johansen is sick on shoot out; but they are different players. Nash is an elite power forward with a ton of skill. I'm not even sure Johansen will be the most skilled forward we have on this team in three years. He's certainly top line talent and one of the top 10 centers in the league; but he has some work to do to get to that truly elite level.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Hey, how do you feel about Richards and his scratching of Dano?

Pissed off. Either Dano did something wrong off-ice, or Richards is an idiot.

I'd say Dano has been one of our best players lately, the last 5 games included. He's still getting excellent chances.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Was fun to be there. Met up with a friend so I sat in seats next to him since his row was pretty bare. He was really pissed after the 3rd goal, and said "**** it, I'm leaving." at about the 10 minute mark. You all know how I am, so he's getting a load of it from me now.

It's kinda weird how our spark was started by dancing Kevin :laugh: crowd went nuts after he danced, and then shortly after JJ scored, and well, the rest is history.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
The last 5 games, he's had 2 assists and looked a little overwhelmed, nothing wrong with letting him sit out a game, he will be better for it and come back against Pitt and play better and Morin will sit.

Don't know about Morin, but what you said about Dano is true. They've done this with other rookies in the past.

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Was fun to be there. Met up with a friend so I sat in seats next to him since his row was pretty bare. He was really pissed after the 3rd goal, and said "**** it, I'm leaving." at about the 10 minute mark. You all know how I am, so he's getting a load of it from me now.

It's kinda weird how our spark was started by dancing Kevin :laugh: crowd went nuts after he danced, and then shortly after JJ scored, and well, the rest is history.

That's happened a few time before as well. #bellylove

NotWendell

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Foligno is hilarious. I'm still not 100% sold on Bob, but he's a great teammate. Actually I'm sold on Bob, just not at 7+ million. He may not be consistent enough for those dollars, but he's the best goal tender we've ever had. Sadly his stats have gotten worse every year since his first season here. Even this month is GAA isn't anything to be all that impressed with.

Not only am I sold on Bob, I'm willing to renegotiate a long term extension with Johansen.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Has Dancing Kevin sparked more winning rallies that Boll the pugilist ??? I think the answer is clearly "yes". But I don't think we should be paying Kevin $1.7 million per year.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Ya' know, when we are healthy, this team as currently composed is a Stanley Cup contender. We are headed for being a powerhouse in this league.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Don't know about Morin, but what you said about Dano is true. They've done this with other rookies in the past.

He'll be just fine, he's all of 19, he needs to cut his teeth a little bit to get that inner hunger and drive, if not, young guys can fall into the thinking that they don't need to work anymore. Good move by Richie. And I think they wanted to evaluate what they have with Morin, he's not a 4th line player so you have to see if he can do something with the top 9. In my opinion, we don't need Morin, we have far too many forwards next season and I don't expect him in the opening night lineup.

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Has Dancing Kevin sparked more winning rallies that Boll the pugilist ??? I think the answer is clearly "yes". But I don't think we should be paying Kevin $1.7 million per year.

You also think Boll loses more fights than he wins, so I feel like I have to take everything you say with a grain of salt.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
holy ****. Can we stop with Boll? He's going to play here for the next 2 years in all likelihood. The players in the room like him, the coach likes him, and he's going to play. Is he overpaid? Yeah, but thats not his fault. Ideally I don't want him here either, but he's going to be here just like Clarkson is going to be here. There is no reason he should play in front of Dano, but the coach can do what he wants, and again thats not his fault. Can we move on? Good god every GDT is the same.

Our board must talk about a 4th liner more than any other teams fans on here. Jeesh

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
holy ****. Can we stop with Boll? He's going to play here for the next 2 years in all likelihood. The players in the room like him, the coach likes him, and he's going to play. Is he overpaid? Yeah, but thats not his fault. Ideally I don't want him here either, but he's going to be here just like Clarkson is going to be here. There is no reason he should play in front of Dano, but the coach can do what he wants, and again thats not his fault. Can we move on? Good god every GDT is the same.

Our board must talk about a 4th liner more than any other teams fans on here. Jeesh

:handclap:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Boll doesn't have a point since February 13th and is good enough to play 7 minutes a game. Let him sit out and learn in the press box some more.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
How many did we lose by tonight?...Did you ever think maybe Dano did something that was deserving of watching one from up top, like missing a meeting or showing up late? Or have you watched the last few games? He's been pressing a bit and getting frustrated, sometimes it's good for a young player to take a breath and watch one from up top and learn the game from a different perspective. We have the most haters of any team in the league, we won 8 in a row! Maybe Richards knows what he's doing! Good grief

Right on:thumbu:

CBJ crowd is an interesting one. Needs the team to inspire it, then it inspires the team. I'm as guilty as anyone as I'm pretty reserved in the stands. I wonder if the team should flash the CBJ# chant on the jumbo tron early in the game to get things going a bit in the stands.

It's cool watching this team give its all down the stretch. While the games don't mean anything in the standings nor will any momentum be carried forward, I find it extremely encouraging that the games mean so much to the team itself. That's a sign of a high character team and a good locker room and a coaching staff which fosters a winning culture.

I'm a huge Richards fan, but I have to admit being not highly pleased with Wennberg getting more TOI than Johansen and Boone Jenner being on the top line. I suppose that next season that Wennberg will be properly slotted so it's no big deal. I like Jenner-but not on the top line. Hartnell or Foligno should be with the team's most dynamic offensive player; not Jenner.

Goloubef continues to impress me more and more.

Johansen is now tied for 11th in the league in scoring. His SO moves are amazing. Thank goodness that the FO had the foresight to sign this regression-likely malcontent to a short term deal.

Last edited:

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
No idea why Nash got brought into this, but I'll be surprised if Johansen has 376 goals when he hits game number 858. Nash had 116 goals in his first 283 games. Johansen has 72 at 265. Nash has been a 60+ point player for almost every season, with a couple of those seasons shortened for various reasons (so he would have been pro-rated). Johansens last two seasons have been on par with what is pretty much normal for Nash.

If your statement to be accurate, Johansen is going to have to do a lot of catch-up and take his game to a totally new level. He needs to become a consistent PPG player. Potential? Sure. But certainly not certain.

Johansen is sick on shoot out; but they are different players. Nash is an elite power forward with a ton of skill. I'm not even sure Johansen will be the most skilled forward we have on this team in three years. He's certainly top line talent and one of the top 10 centers in the league; but he has some work to do to get to that truly elite level.

My comment wasn't meant to be taken literal god damn you :laugh: I loved Nash, and I'll always be bitter about the trade, no matter how much it has helped us.
But yeah, I see a lot more consistency in Joey's play than Nash's. They both float, but Johansen does a whole lot less of it.
Johansen can be a 90 point player, Nash at his best is 75-80. Joey is more of a natural scorer than Nash ever was or has been, at least from what I've seen...
Johansen is a beast, and he has more of an ability to take over games single handedly

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Boll doesn't have a point since February 13th and is good enough to play 7 minutes a game. Let him sit out and learn in the press box some more.

Everyone here loves and misses Derek MacKenzie. Yet he has 11 points in Florida. Boll has 5 points, a whole 6 point difference (Boll also had 6 less games.) Who cares about a 4th liners point production? That should just be a bonus. As long as Boll brings energy, forechecking, and leadership he's doing exactly what he's being asked to. Once again, he's overpaid, but that's not his fault.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008

I wouldn't want the facts to stand in the way of your opinion, but did you know that Ryan Johansen is 11th in overall scoring in the NHL and Rick Nash has never finished higher than 18th (2008-09)?

I didn't think so:laugh:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Not only am I sold on Bob, I'm willing to renegotiate a long term extension with Johansen.

Can't renegotiate in the NHL. The earliest the Jackets can extend Johansen is after next season is finished, when he's entering the final year of his deal.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
I'm not a fan of Richards and never have been. I don't understand the decision put Dano to scratch still. But... We won this game, eight game winning streak, tied franchise record. This meant Richards decision was right. Winners not to judge. And now i very want nine game winning streak, franchise record.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad