GDT: Game 77: Columbus at New York Islanders | 3/31 7PM EDT

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Columbus 2-8 over last 10 and Van 1-8-1 working hard to out tank each other! Only 5 more losses to go!

Various stretches the team has had this year; none of these overlap each other at all.

0-8 to start the season.
1 win in 9 games from November 28th to December 15th
2 wins in 9 games from December 21st to January 12th
2 wins in 10 games from March 11th to March 31st

8 different stretches of at least three consecutive losses.
5 of those were four games or more.
1 stretch of three consecutive wins.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Hearing that Milano looked good is very encouraging to me. That makes the rest of the game worthwhile. If Bork and sonny are legit, then we have some real offensive talent in the system.

By the way, what has happened to Bork? After that flashy first game I have not read much about him on this board.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Hearing that Milano looked good is very encouraging to me. That makes the rest of the game worthwhile. If Bork and sonny are legit, then we have some real offensive talent in the system.

By the way, what has happened to Bork? After that flashy first game I have not read much about him on this board.

Bjorkstrand was very noticeable along the boards last night. He's so strong on the puck despite his size. He's going to be a good winger if he can continue to put on some muscle and shoot the puck on net.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Bjorkstrand was very noticeable along the boards last night. He's so strong on the puck despite his size. He's going to be a good winger if he can continue to put on some muscle and shoot the puck on net.

They both ( Milano and Bjork) are young and talented, but their style is so different. Looks like Bjork likes to play physical Jackets style hockey, he goes into contact, needs more muscles as You said. Milano with his scating without problem avoids any contact/collision, he is pure scater with high IQ has good speed and easily makes " spaces" for partners, sure he needs muscles also, needs more confidence:). Milano played well today.

Anyway pleasure to watch their game, same I can say about Murray - Jones pair, I like more and more this duo.

Prout, he makes physical presence, it's important component that we can't underestimate.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
same I can say about Murray - Jones pair, I like more and more this duo.

I agree, that's why I was shocked to see Porty offhandedly write "That's one of the reasons maybe Murray and Jones can't thrive together", referring to their mutual tendency to rush the puck.

I saw those two have a few bad games together about a month ago. That's it. So when did it become official wisdom that they can't thrive together?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I agree, that's why I was shocked to see Porty offhandedly write "That's one of the reasons maybe Murray and Jones can't thrive together", referring to their mutual tendency to rush the puck.

I saw those two have a few bad games together about a month ago. That's it. So when did it become official wisdom that they can't thrive together?

Well if it comes from AP, I'm not sure I would call it wisdom. AP is a beat writer and not to be confused with someone that can evaluate talent and on ice performance. I cringe with a lot of what he says in his QA thing he does. I'm not saying I'm qualified, but I know my limits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad