Post-Game Talk: Game 77 - B's destroy Florida Swamp Kitties playoff hopes - but the injuries continue | B's win 5-1

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Gonna be close

Current top 3 In GA in nhl is

Los Angeles 2.44
Nashville 2.45
Boston 2.52

That seems near-insurmountable. Kings only have 3 more games left, and would have to allow 3+ more goals in those three games than the Bruins do in their remaining five. Still impressive to remain competitive there with our injuries and with Tuukka struggling to start the season.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
I can’t recall in recent memory of a team battling through so many injuries to key players & maintaing such a high level of competitiveness & keep on winning !!! They deserve to finish in 1st !!! ( Honourable Mention to the Celtics also ).

Bergeron & Marchand are serious MVP candidates !!! What a wonderful time for this 58 year old boy :) !

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Carlo will be back at some point, but so sorry about your family's loss @3rdLiner. :(

Bruins are now #2 in the league, tops in goal differential, and only 2 points behind Nashville for the President's trophy, yikes! :eek:

Thanks man wasn't what I was expecting when I laid down for a nap. Least he was 92 and at home and comfortable.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Haley does not have a neck.

He looks like one of the thumb characters.

gL1ytcY7WnOmp9Xn2TQ4MJbxwHo.jpg

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Tough to be happy about the win with what happened to Carlo& Nash, the injuries just can't stop.

I wish they beat the Flyers tomorrow and Tampa next so they can ice an AHL team for the last games and still win the division.

I guess the play of Holden makes Carlo loss a bit easier.

AprilMayandJune

Feb 26, 2012
Not surprising for either.

I imagine Nash has one hell of a headache even if he doesn't have a concussion and if Carlo didn't break a bone or seriously tear a ligament/tendon I'll eat my Bruins hat. Without ketchup.

It looked like a rough twist to me and could be swollen for a short while...I'm hoping. If my humble anolgy comes to fruition are you eating your hat in front of a camera ? hahaha j/k Carlo plays in many games in April and May,he deserves that.All the the Bruins derserve that this year and every other playoff team too,They all deserve it. Again I am hoping. Resilience is this teams identity.

Reactions: Strafer

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
thought I would be able to watch this one at work but too busy. I did manage to not look at my phone for updates and just finished watching. Good lord, wish I had, at the very least, gave myself a heads up prior to watching Carlo. Horrible, feel for the guy. I know some here may not agree but if he`s out for extended time this one will hurt. Nash didn`t look great either. Man this team can`t escape a game without some injury.

Triple D like was fantastic and Quaider destroying Haley was fun too

Reactions: Strafer and BMC

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Ohh God...:ha:

So I guess that means no McAvoy then?!?
Gionta gets undeserved flack IMO.

Obviously he’s 13th guy if we healthy. But during brutal injury run while we’ve played great hockey he’s fit a need.

Veteran leadership. Played many different lines/positions. 15GP and 6 points, -2.

Another good depth pickup for Sweeney that unfortunately we’ve DESPERATELY needed.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Gionta gets undeserved flack IMO.

Obviously he’s 13th guy if we healthy. But during brutal injury run while we’ve played great hockey he’s fit a need.

Veteran leadership. Played many different lines/positions. 15GP and 6 points, -2.

Another good depth pickup for Sweeney that unfortunately we’ve DESPERATELY needed.

He’s been fine but those numbers tell you he’s not really contributing. Plus he’s just so slowwww. And recently he’s compounded that with bad decisions (boarding against TB the most recent example).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad