GDT: Game #77 - 04.03.14 - at Carolina - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Mueller is usually who they call up for Whitney.

I missed the game other than the final few minutes of the ****show. It didn't look like Nemeth had a good one, is that right?

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
yeah Nemeth didn't look good. I'd prefer Connauton against the Lightening. At least he can skate with them. Nemeth never takes that 2nd penalty except he doesn't have the speed to stay in front of the forward driving the net.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I'd say with Cole and Horcoff out, and now Whitney out too, I'd call up McKenzie and fill the netfront gap.

I know Mueller is normally a Whitney replacement, but we have Jeffrey.

RastaRockett

Apr 12, 2013
It would have been a nice win to have, but it's definitely not the end of the world. This team has shown they can get up against the big teams; I think they can scrap out a win vs. a team like Tampa or St. Louis.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Amazing how it goes.. before the game last night some are like "WE WIN THIS WE ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS GUARANTEED YO!" and after losing "WE ARE TOTALLY DONE YO!" I think it ends up going pretty much down to the wire with neither Dallas or Phoenix totally tanking or streaking.

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Blues 2/2
Capitals 2/2
Hurricanes 0/2
Lightning
Panthers
Predators
Jackets
Blues
Yotes

Beating St. Louis and losing to Carolina is a wash, and they beat their first borderline playoff matchup team.

2 of each type of matchup remaining, they came out of their first 3 (all different types) games with 4/6 points. Not bad at all.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Nemeths first penalty was an absolute fluke. The second one was a good penalty to take for the situation, but I haven't seen a replay to if he just got beat or if there were other circumstances.

Teams PK certainly looked like **** as well. Other than that Nemeth played great, solid defense.

I was impressed with Nuke last night. His patience with the puck is getting really good, and almost up to the lethal level it should be. Liked his courage to take on players even though he lost it a few times. It doesn't get better unless you have the balls to try it in a game, so no complaints from me. Solid passing and positioning as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad