GDT: Game 76: Non-Kellers Vs Kellers Pt. 2 - The Legend of Keller's Gold - 7:30/FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Too bad his first point is in garbage time (well what time isn't garbage time for this team...) but it was gonna come at some point :laugh:. Looked pretty poised on the half wall there :P.

Though I guess my garbage time descriptor might have been a little off but this team was dead dead dead :laugh:. Really the Blues should be kicking themselves for only getting 2.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
That goal is all Dvorak. Great work and oversight in front of the net.
Keller with his first point. Hasn't done much other than that though. Not convinced that's where he belongs at this point...

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
3mins to go, 1 goal down...and Holland is on the ice. Coyotes are fortunate to have the "best bench coach":sarcasm:

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
We have one NHL quality center, and it's so painfully obvious. Why are we not at least seeing what Keller can do in that position?

What and give him experience? Don't be ridiculous.

Holland makes me miss Chipchura. There. I said it.

PerpetualTankYear

Doan 3:16
Mar 27, 2008
Phoenix, AZ

Chipchura was fine. Just sucked when Tippett treated him like a first line center and threw him out there with Domi and Duke on the PP.

Holland isn't even a capable 4th line center.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
We have one NHL quality center, and it's so painfully obvious. Why are we not at least seeing what Keller can do in that position?

Yea, we have one NHL quality center who unfortunately plays in his one - half NHL sized body. He's not an NHL center.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

Keller is on Dvorak's wing. The best position to be to contribute offensively. Dvorak is easily the best Centerman both offensively and defensively. Vrbata is the best winger, at least offensively. Yet still Keller hasn't done much. In fact, he just hasn't been good. Of course, with Richardson out and Hanzal gone it would make sense to play him at Center but I can see why they decided not to do it. He'd have to cover for his wingers which isn't an easy job on the current team. They want to put Keller in the best spot to put up points and that's what just happened.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Yea, we have one NHL quality center who unfortunately plays in his one - half NHL sized body. He's not an NHL center.

I have a hard time seeing him convert to center too, but at this point why not see if something clicks.

Did Giroux start his career at center? I can't remember.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He said we have one NHL quality center and he plays in a half NHL sized body. Only good center we have is Dvo. That's where he lost me.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Keller is on Dvorak's wing. The best position to be to contribute offensively. Dvorak is easily the best Centerman both offensively and defensively. Vrbata is the best winger, at least offensively. Yet still Keller hasn't done much. In fact, he just hasn't been good. Of course, with Richardson out and Hanzal gone it would make sense to play him at Center but I can see why they decided not to do it. He'd have to cover for his wingers which isn't an easy job on the current team. They want to put Keller in the best spot to put up points and that's what just happened.

It's the second game for the kid. Give him a break! What do you guys expect from him? He's not McDavid. You guys better cool your jets on him and give him some time or you could be in for a disappointment.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah it blows my mind that Dauphin isn't playing where Holland is. Waive Holland, call up Flippers.

I would agree, but maybe management knows he will get more ice time in the A, and they probably have a pretty good read on his development. I still would have sat Holland and dressed Fischer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad