GDT: [Game #76] Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton Oilers – 8:30 PM CT (TNT)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
By the way for a guy paid 9.25 M per season in his 9th season Nurse has some of the most atrocious decision making i have ever seen. That awful pinch that lead to the Wyatt goal is something players usually get benched for for the rest of the game and rightfully so.

Reactions: LT and MBTendy

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
By the way for a guy paid 9.25 M per season in his 9th season has some of the most atrocious decision making i have ever seen. That awful pinch that lead to the Wyatt goal is something players usually get benched for for the rest of the game and rightfully so.

Ya that was an awful decision

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The Oilers defensemen are terrible. The Stars kept lobbing pucks from their own zone right to the Oilers blue line, and the Oilers read the puck wrong every time leading to several breakaways when a Stars forward gathered the puck and skated in uncontested. The Oilers D seem to have had no idea what to do when the puck went in the air and couldn't read where it was going to land.

This was my first time seeing McDavid in person. What he can generate with two strides is terrifying. Even when you defend him well, he's going to get chances. He's always in motion, swirling around the offensive zone.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
By the way for a guy paid 9.25 M per season in his 9th season Nurse has some of the most atrocious decision making i have ever seen. That awful pinch that lead to the Wyatt goal is something players usually get benched for for the rest of the game and rightfully so.

That pinch was a Jani Hakanpaa play.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
That pinch was a Jani Hakanpaa play.
A Hakanplay

The Oilers defensemen are terrible. The Stars kept lobbing pucks from their own zone right to the Oilers blue line, and the Oilers read the puck wrong every time leading to several breakaways when a Stars forward gathered the puck and skated in uncontested. The Oilers D seem to have had no idea what to do when the puck went in the air and couldn't read where it was going to land.

This was my first time seeing McDavid in person. What he can generate with two strides is terrifying. Even when you defend him well, he's going to get chances. He's always in motion, swirling around the offensive zone.
The first time I saw Mcdavid play he scored his first career hat trick against us lol

Reactions: Kcb12345

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Going back through this thread, until the 4 goal explosion, just reading the posts here, we were playing like a midge league team. Sheez, we are negative and we should just enjoy the winning streak, which will end of course, probably in COL.

For those complaining about the play last night, again, sheez. That was an example of a talented team playing hard for 60 minutes, holding an all time great and cohorts to a shutout (yes, 3 posts, I Know, but that was all Otter gave them!) Or, a relentlessly hard working team that happens to have a lot of talent, not sure which.

Would love Jamie to be the 8th to hit 20 goals, and want a Hatty for Harley. (sounds like a fund raising drive, no?) to get to 9 20 goal scorers. Stank should be an honorary 20 goal scorer because he has played so few games. It wouldn't hurt if our top line picked it up and gave us 3-4 30 goal scorers.

NJ won a few cups back in the day with a similar "score by committee approach" which typically works as well as we are seeing it work now.

Reactions: Satan and LT

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Going back through this thread, until the 4 goal explosion, just reading the posts here, we were playing like a midge league team. Sheez, we are negative and we should just enjoy the winning streak, which will end of course, probably in COL.

For those complaining about the play last night, again, sheez. That was an example of a talented team playing hard for 60 minutes, holding an all time great and cohorts to a shutout (yes, 3 posts, I Know, but that was all Otter gave them!) Or, a relentlessly hard working team that happens to have a lot of talent, not sure which.

Would love Jamie to be the 8th to hit 20 goals, and want a Hatty for Harley. (sounds like a fund raising drive, no?) to get to 9 20 goal scorers. Stank should be an honorary 20 goal scorer because he has played so few games. It wouldn't hurt if our top line picked it up and gave us 3-4 30 goal scorers.

NJ won a few cups back in the day with a similar "score by committee approach" which typically works as well as we are seeing it work now.
Fortunately I missed the entire first period so it looked like a solid game to me lol

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I didn't read any of the comments, but I thought it was an all around solid game from Dallas.

Can't wait for Saturday and sunday

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Never gonna dominate a game for 60 minutes straight against good teams. That kind of expectation is only ever gonna lead to negativity and disappointment.

Great teams understand the ebbs and flows of the game and adjust to them. Dallas has done that many times, including last night.

They made it harder for Edmonton to score when the Oilers had the momentum, and Dallas took advantage of their chances when they had them. And yes, we definitely had some luck involved too. That's just hockey.

Last night was about as good of a game as we could ask for, especially against the best player in the world and the best team in the league if you chop off their early losing skid.

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
i agree that some people maybe go a bit overboard in our gameday threads but go read the oilers' thread from before all the goals. it's so much worse. we're only moderately unhinged relatively speaking

• Wow
Reactions: Elysian

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Fortunately I missed the entire first period so it looked like a solid game to me lol
Yes, apparently for some here, scoring the first goal 2 minutes in is pure slacking.

I will agree that other boards are probably more unhinged. But as my Texas Aggie friends always said, "Have some respect for yourself, people!"

Reactions: Satan

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The last people I want any lecture from when it comes to fan behavior is Aggie fans.
Would someone explain for us none SEC/Big 12 fans?
I don't know if MSU has ever played TAMU so what's so bad about Aggie fans?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Would someone explain for us none SEC/Big 12 fans?
I don't know if MSU has ever played TAMU so what's so bad about Aggie fans?

A&M is a couple steps away from being a full blown cult

I love the school and loved my time there but it can be an odd place with crazy people

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven

I love the school and loved my time there but it can be an odd place with crazy people
And the Longhorns might not be a rabid cult, but they aren't any better.

Longhorns fans demand their school be treated like it's the best program in the nation despite being mostly shitty the past 50 years. For those who don't know, Longhorns are so thin skinned that they got their conference to make it a penalty for an opponent to do the horns down thing. It's crazy.

• Haha

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Longhorns fans demand their school be treated like it's the best program in the nation despite being mostly shitty the past 50 years. For those who don't know, Longhorns are so thin skinned that they got their conference to make it a penalty for an opponent to do the horns down thing. It's crazy.
ah so they're UM of the south

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

Hasn't been mostly shitty, fans don't demand to be treated like that. People don't like them for the same reason they don't like the Cowboys or Yankees etc. Jealous of the attention.

You're wrong about the penalty thing. The reason for the penalty is because a Texas player in Lubbock did a gun down after scoring over 10 years ago. He got a penalty for it. Of course fans and players have been doing horns down for 60+ years, and a Tech player did it previously in that game without being penalized. The hypocrisy was then pointed out and it became a penalty because either everyone can do it or no one can. Most Texas fans LOVE Horns down. For one thing, the image is one of a longhorn attacking (like Bevo attacking that vicious Georgia mascot beast a few years a go), and it shows how obsessed everyone is with Texas.

Troy McClure

Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Hasn't been mostly shitty, fans don't demand to be treated like that. People don't like them for the same reason they don't like the Cowboys or Yankees etc. Jealous of the attention. Also wrong about the penalty thing. The reason for the penalty is because a Texas player in Lubbock did a gun down after scoring over 10 years ago. He got a penalty for it. Of course fans and players have been doing horns down for 60+ years, and a Tech player did it previously in that game without being penalized. The hypocrisy was then pointed out and it became a penalty because either everyone can do it or no one can. Most Texas fans LOVE Horns down. For one thing, the image is one of a longhorn attacking (like Bevo attacking that vicious Georgia mascot beast a few years a go), and it shows how obsessed everyone is with Texas.
Cute spin, but we all know the truth.

• Haha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad