zelbell

Oct 6, 2014
Columbus
this may be the first time all season where we are essentially at full strength

only regular it seems like we are missing is Murray

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Never thought Id see it this year but theres pretty much a healthy forward group... only took 75 games

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Gotta say, on paper we look like a pretty good team. Future is crazy bright, get a solid Defenseman upgrage this offseason, get glass man Murray healthly or atleast able to play thru some pain (rarely is a player 100% during the season) . Young guys continue to develop, and I think we have a true cup contender. Maybe Im niave.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Gotta say, on paper we look like a pretty good team. Future is crazy bright, get a solid Defenseman upgrage this offseason, get glass man Murray healthly or atleast able to play thru some pain (rarely is a player 100% during the season) . Young guys continue to develop, and I think we have a true cup contender. Maybe Im niave.

The future is bright, there is reason for optimism. Even if we make no changes this off-season, will be excited to see this team as a healthy unit.

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
Only four injured players, the best result from the start of the season. The morning skate is over? No one was injured? We play at home... Worse than we at home playing only Buffalo.
Matteau 2,5 games in this season and first line wing? Surprisingly.
Nevertheless, I want seven game winning streak. Go, Jackets! Just win this one!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
wait...we activated Calvert, but he needs a visor to help with light sensitivity??? so he's not actually healthy then??? sigh...

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
wait...we activated Calvert, but he needs a visor to help with light sensitivity??? so he's not actually healthy then??? sigh...

Might be a migraine as well. I find it hard to believe they would activate him if he had symptoms still.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

It's the drive to just miss the playoffs and really miss out on a top draft choice. What's a little concussion hangover when that is what is at stake. C'mon get your priorities straight.:sarcasm:

:shakehead to mgt's approach to this.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Lines
Jenner-Johansen-Atkinson
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Foligno
Hartnell-Wennberg-Dano
Calvert-Letestu-Morin

Johnson-Savard
Tyutin-Prout
Connauton-Goloubef

Bobrovsky
McElhinney

Scratches
Boll, Falk, Tropp

Injured
Bourque, Clarkson, Murray, Skille[/CENTER]

That 4th line was basically our 3rd line for most of this season. Says a lot about what we can put on the ice when we are relatively healthy.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
That 4th line was basically our 3rd line for most of this season. Says a lot about what we can put on the ice when we are relatively healthy.

We just need to get a more physical, faster center to upgrade over Letestu and send Morin and Tropp to the AHL next year. Then they can rotate Bourque, Clarkson and Boll in and out.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
We just need to get a more physical, faster center to upgrade over Letestu and send Morin and Tropp to the AHL next year. Then they can rotate Bourque, Clarkson and Boll in and out.

LOL.

Letestu is one of the best 4th line centers in the league. Could there be cheaper options (Chaput, for example)? Sure. Guys who are going to handle their business on the PK and can slot in on the PP if needed? Doubt it.

Morin > Boll (jury out on Clarkson and Bourque since I saw them for about 12 seconds each). Tropp I agree with (but he'll be tough to bury since he's on a one-way contract).

The best scenario is to find a trade partner for Boll, Bourque, Tropp, and/or Clarkson, but I have a feeling the FO likes the "depth" they bring to the team. Ideal option for Clarkson is an expansion draft in which a team needs to get to the floor. Ride out Bourque and Tropp for next season and then let them go in 2016.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
LOL.

Letestu is one of the best 4th line centers in the league. Could there be cheaper options (Chaput, for example)? Sure. Guys who are going to handle their business on the PK and can slot in on the PP if needed? Doubt it.

Morin > Boll (jury out on Clarkson and Bourque since I saw them for about 12 seconds each). Tropp I agree with (but he'll be tough to bury since he's on a one-way contract).

The best scenario is to find a trade partner for Boll, Bourque, Tropp, and/or Clarkson, but I have a feeling the FO likes the "depth" they bring to the team. Ideal option for Clarkson is an expansion draft in which a team needs to get to the floor. Ride out Bourque and Tropp for next season and then let them go in 2016.

Letestu isn't a 4th line player though, and he isn't good enough to play on our top 3 lines, when healthy. The purpose of the 4th line is to create havoc, forecheck, hit, fight, etc. He went like 40 games a few years ago without a goal, he's painfully slow. He's a good penalty killer, but we have Dubi, Calvert, Arty, Joey, Boone, etc. to kill penalties that are better than him. Good guy but he won't be back and Chaput isn't physical enough or fast enough to be the 4th line center. We will need to sign someone for the 4th line center spot.

Morin doesn't bring anything to the team, he won't be on the NHL roster next year and he certainly would never play ahead of Boll. As much as a lot of you hope he does, for some reason...he has no offensive talent, doesn't hit, doesn't forecheck, doesn't fight well. It's just not happening.

Best scenario is next year they have Bourque, Clarkson and Boll rotating in with who's playing well and who the opponent is and depending on injuries. Boll isn't going anywhere, the players, coaches and management love him.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Letestu isn't a 4th line player though, and he isn't good enough to play on our top 3 lines, when healthy. The purpose of the 4th line is to create havoc, forecheck, hit, fight, etc. He went like 40 games a few years ago without a goal, he's painfully slow. He's a good penalty killer, but we have Dubi, Calvert, Arty, Joey, Boone, etc. to kill penalties that are better than him. Good guy but he won't be back and Chaput isn't physical enough or fast enough to be the 4th line center. We will need to sign someone for the 4th line center spot.

Morin doesn't bring anything to the team, he won't be on the NHL roster next year and he certainly would never play ahead of Boll. As much as a lot of you hope he does, for some reason...he has no offensive talent, doesn't hit, doesn't forecheck, doesn't fight well. It's just not happening.

Best scenario is next year they have Bourque, Clarkson and Boll rotating in with who's playing well and who the opponent is and depending on injuries. Boll isn't going anywhere, the players, coaches and management love him.

You must not have gotten the board memo that we need to have three players on our fourth line that score 20 goals a year. Hitting and fighting is going the way of the dinosaurs.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
You must not have gotten the board memo that we need to have three players on our fourth line that score 20 goals a year. Hitting and fighting is going the way of the dinosaurs.

our team is built around hitting and fighting so the minute that goes away, our bread and butter goes away, so if everyone rooting for sissy hockey get's their way, we'll be garbage

Last edited:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
devils fan coming in peace. shouldn't calvert not be playing, if he's sensitive to light? it seems like a bad move on our end, but maybe your fan base knows something we don't? i really hope he doesn't get screwed up worse tonight. good luck!

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
devils fan coming in peace. shouldn't calvert not be playing, if he's sensitive to light? it seems like a bad move on our end, but maybe your fan base knows something we don't? i really hope he doesn't get screwed up worse tonight. good luck!

Maybe we've all been "blinded by the light."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad