GDT: Game #76 - 04.01.14 - at Washington - 6:00 PM - FS Southwest Plus - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1979473_10201547719447416_2031839684_n.jpg

Burakovsky95*

Thank you for that. We needed a game like this to clear the trash out of our coaching staff and front office.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
Well done everybody.. Nemeth did very well, good to see #37 in good hands..

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
I wish I had something profound to add that could only come from being at this game, but the best I have is that Kari shutouts that happen during the championship round of fantasy hockey playoffs are 100% better in person. I am surprised there wasn't some fightback in the crowd or the Caps team, but I'm not going to complain about moving to 3 and 0 at Stars games.

Can anyone explain the Wilson-Chiasson fracas? From high in the rafters it looked like Wilson got a punch in but Chiasson took the only penalty.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Can anyone explain the Wilson-Chiasson fracas? From high in the rafters it looked like Wilson got a punch in but Chiasson took the only penalty.

That's the only thing the Stars broadcast showed as well, unless I missed a replay or something (don't think I did).

Glad ya got to see that beatdown! Looked like more than a few Stars fans were in the house.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
That's the only thing the Stars broadcast showed as well, unless I missed a replay or something (don't think I did).

Glad ya got to see that beatdown! Looked like more than a few Stars fans were in the house.

they announced Chiasson's penalty as a high stick on the tv but I never saw it and I could have sworn that when the ref was skating over to the ruckus he singled out Wilson and pointed him away but that was all I saw and obviously Wilson didn't go.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Thank you for that. We needed a game like this to clear the trash out of our coaching staff and front office.
That definitely felt like a game that gets people fired on the other side. Maybe not immediately, but seals their fate down the line.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Great game but man there's no reason for Goligoski to play that many minutes. Dallas had the game well in hand, even in the 3rd. There's a lot of hockey still to play and I'd like to see Ruff manage his minutes as well as he has Benn/Seguin lately.

Jeffery, lol. Well done, Whitney and Chiasson.

Nemeth was pretty good, and it helped to play a rather hapless at times Caps team.

Would anyone have given good odds that Garbutt and Roussel would be on pace for over 30 goals combined this season?

Loving the who's going to score 2 this game thing they've got going on right now.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
they announced Chiasson's penalty as a high stick on the tv but I never saw it and I could have sworn that when the ref was skating over to the ruckus he singled out Wilson and pointed him away but that was all I saw and obviously Wilson didn't go.

I might be thinking of the wrong play, but I remember seeing a Stars player fall down, his stick going up, and hitting a Washington guy in the face with the stick in the process. I was half napping so I don't remember the players, though.

That second period was really fun to watch, it's nice to see the Stars just dominate a team so completely, they really were toying with Washington.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
That was the high stick on Eakin as he was trying to go around behind the Washington net.

It defies explanation how Wilson didn't get a penalty during that sequence with Chiasson. It's like they forgot which team was going on the PP during the commercial break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad