Pre-Game Talk: Game #74: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild - Wednesday, March 26th 4:30PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
@CKNW980SPORTS: With Henrik Sedin on the shelf for next couple of weeks, Shawn Matthias will centre #Canucks top line between Jensen & Daniel

Wetcoaster

@CKNW980SPORTS: With Henrik Sedin on the shelf for next couple of weeks, Shawn Matthias will centre #Canucks top line between Jensen & Daniel
So it appears.

Jason Botchford ‏@botchford
With Henrik out, it's matthias centering jensen and 22

Wetcoaster

Vancouver Canucks ‏@VanCanucks
Practice is underway in @rogersarena on this travel day for #Canucks. Burrows and Henrik are not on the ice.

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma
Bumped into Burrows at arena. Has new split (splint??) on thumb, going on trip, will be evaluated. #canucks

Maybe they should take all of Burrows on the trip????

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma
#Canucks lines: 22-27-46/20-17-36/7-15-9/20-45-21/ Burrows (thumb) on trip.

HMMMMM sounds like no part of Burrows is going:

“Henrik and Burrows are day-to-day. They will not be on the trip.” - Torts

Last edited by a moderator:

Wetcoaster

KB3 keeping things loose.

“He says he’s 4-for-5 in minors. I told him I’m not putting him in.” - Torts on Bieksa’s goal in SO drill. (If you guessed #3, you’re right)

But not giving up:

“We’re fighting to the end.” - Bieksa #Canucks

Wetcoaster

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma
Further to earlier Burrows comment, Torts now confirms winger IS going on trip. Didn't practice, but will be evaluated in Minny. #Canucks

690f6bd33acaacf0bc7296277f0a2cc026aa1b8dc09f0726a5b08e0c2b445ca6.jpg

So is Burrows going or not?

And if going it all of Burrows or just his thumb?

wholesickcrew

May 7, 2010
Toronto
File this under injuries, what injuries to the top six forwards.

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
Only 5 times in past 40 games (and never more than 2 in a row) have #Canucks had Henrik, Daniel, Kesler, Burrows in line-up at same time

By my count, we went 1-3-1 in those games:

March 2, 4-2 Ottawa
Feb 28, 2-1 Minnesota (SO)
Feb 4, 3-1 Boston
Feb 3, 2-0 Detroit
Jan 18, 3-2 shootout win over Calgary

To the above poster, it's true that Santorelli was out in all of those games. We have to go back to December 1 to see a game where we had all of the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, and Santorelli. That was a 3-2 win over Carolina. To take this back further, we had all five guys from Burrows' return on October 28 up until that game. In this period, we went 6-6-4. From what I recall, our underlying numbers were great, but puck luck was awful.

Last edited:

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
anyone know what our record is when our team is fully healthy or close to?

or even the top6 healthy this year

It's actually a popular theoretical physics theory known as Schroedinger's Cat Team where the only time the whole team is healthy is before the season, and given the lack of coverage of the team over the offseason, they could also all conceivably be injured. So the team is in fact, both completely healthy and completely injured and thus our record is simultaneously 0-0-0 and also infinity-0-0.

mind-blown-2.jpg

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
These next few games are the plimsol line for our team, if we are able to put together a winning record before our final two games against Alberta we should be in the playoffs and could compete ( I know right its sad to still have hope ) but if we get spanked like we have been all season then we will be picking between 6-10 and not 10-15

So buckle up and enjoy the ride/dive

Go Minnesota

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad