Pre-Game Talk: Game #74: Vancouver Canucks @ Minnesota Wild - Wednesday, March 26th 4:30PM - SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck

large.png
@
large.png

WHEN: Wednesday, March 26th, 4:30PM PDT
WHERE: Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, Minnesota
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: TEAM 1040AM

Vancouver Canucks

Daniel Sedin - Shawn Matthias - Nicklas Jensen
Chris Higgins - Ryan Kesler - Jannik Hansen
David Booth - Brad Richardson - Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito - Jordan Schroeder - Zac Dalpe

Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison
Alexander Edler - Kevin Bieksa
Ryan Stanton - Yannick Weber

Eddie Lack

Minnesota Wild

Parise - Granlund - Pominville
Moulson - Koivu - Coyle
Niederreiter - Haula - Heatley
Cooke - Brodziak - Fontaine

Suter - Spurgeon
Scandella - Brodin
Prosser - Blum

Bryzgalov

Last edited:

Phrazer

Apr 2, 2008
Cairns
I don't agree with breaking up the Matthias-Richardson-Kassian line. I would rather see

Higgins-Schroeder-Hansen
Matthias-Richardson-Kassian
Booth-Dalpe-Sesito

Wetcoaster

As of today this is how things shape up for the Canucks to make the postseason:

BjlfFPCCMAEaz5K.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
It would be silly to break up that Kassian/Richardson/Matthias line after the game they had the other night.

I'd roll a top line of Daniel-Kesler-Jensen. Let Daniel feed pucks to the two trigger-men.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
It would be silly to break up that Kassian/Richardson/Matthias line after the game they had the other night.

I'd roll a top line of Daniel-Kesler-Jensen. Let Daniel feed pucks to the two trigger-men.

In theory, that Kesler line looks good, but all three of those guys aren't good at creating turnovers in the offensive zone. So if Torts continues to keep making them dump the puck and try to retrieve it, they wont have much success in my opinion.

Wetcoaster

Sounds like a return to the bad old days of Canucks media relations according to Ed Willes.

And the owner refuses to go on the record about his GM, his coach, or the state of the team, but has no problem calling and berating writers who offer an opinion that differs from his.​

Sounds so familiar.

Did you not find it odd that GM Mike Gillis did not appear during Henrik's 1000 game milestone ceremony?

The general manager, meanwhile, doesn’t make public appearances out of concern for the reaction he’ll generate.​
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/h...rik+example+entire+Canucks/9656470/story.html

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
If the Canucks ever could win these next two road games they would have a fighting chance. Could be tied with Phoenix having played one more game and 6 on their last 7 games at home and their last road game in Oiler country. Problem is the Canucks never won very often when they were a good team and Henrik was playing. Still i hope they make it interesting coming down the stretch. It is too hard to tank so might as well just make the playoffs.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
If the Canucks ever could win these next two road games they would have a fighting chance. Could be tied with Phoenix having played one more game and 6 on their last 7 games at home and their last road game in Oiler country. Problem is the Canucks never won very often when they were a good team and Henrik was playing. Still i hope they make it interesting coming down the stretch. It is too hard to tank so might as well just make the playoffs.

If the Canucks win these next few games and the Stars and Coyotes struggle, I will officially be opening my mind again to a playoff spot. It's still not terribly exciting for me because I don't feel this team has a chance in hell of doing anything noteworthy in the playoffs but as a fan you can't help but get up for the playoffs, regardless.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
If the Canucks win these next few games and the Stars and Coyotes struggle, I will officially be opening my mind again to a playoff spot. It's still not terribly exciting for me because I don't feel this team has a chance in hell of doing anything noteworthy in the playoffs but as a fan you can't help but get up for the playoffs, regardless.

Yep. Canucks win these two road games or at least get 3 of 4 points... They are right back in this race. Assuming Phoenix loses to Pitt tonight and Dallas to Chicago.

Wetcoaster

File this under injuries, what injuries to the top six forwards.

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff
Only 5 times in past 40 games (and never more than 2 in a row) have #Canucks had Henrik, Daniel, Kesler, Burrows in line-up at same time

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Vancouver Canucks

Sedin Kesler Jensen
Matthias Richardson Kassian
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Booth Dalpe Sestito

Is what id like to see.

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
Sounds like a return to the bad old days of Canucks media relations according to Ed Willes.

And the owner refuses to go on the record about his GM, his coach, or the state of the team, but has no problem calling and berating writers who offer an opinion that differs from his.​

Sounds so familiar.

Did you not find it odd that GM Mike Gillis did not appear during Henrik's 1000 game milestone ceremony?

The general manager, meanwhile, doesn’t make public appearances out of concern for the reaction he’ll generate.​
http://www.theprovince.com/sports/h...rik+example+entire+Canucks/9656470/story.html

Given the climate surrounding the team, it was a smart and classy move for Gillis not to appear and cause a distraction/booing.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Sounds so familiar.

The general manager, meanwhile, doesn’t make public appearances out of concern for the reaction he’ll generate.

I dunno why, but I found the bolded hilarious.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
And all primary assists.

Well I'd hope so. We all have it on good authority from various, but primarily one, poster that secondary assists don't really count. Keep in mind that those primary assists also aren't worth nearly as much as a goal.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Given the climate surrounding the team, it was a smart and classy move for Gillis not to appear and cause a distraction/booing.

I think you spelled classless wrong.

Though I do find it funny that the players people are most excited about Kassian, Tanev, Lack, Jensen, Corrado, Horvat, Shinkaruk and heck even Mathias at the moment are Gillis guys.....

And honestly, they were dealt a pretty lousy hand this year starting with the cap crunch and then with never actually having a healthy top 6 (and not even close to being healthy for the bulk of the time). Not saying all the choices were good ones or that something different and better might have been done but everyone went into this year expecting a 7,8 or maybe 3rd in the division finish if things went well. It was going to be a challenging year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad