Post-Game Talk: GAME 74 - Tampa Bay 3 BRUINS 1

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I clicked on it and "important security message, your computer has been locked up" message came up. VIRUS WARNING!
Interesting, I didn't get any of that. Sure it wasn't just a stupid pop-up ad? I'm using DuckDuckGo so maybe that blocked a popup?

Reactions: BMC

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
This is my issue to an extent as well. Which is why I advocate for guys like Duhaime, Olivier, etc - They're youngish players who can easily slot in against certain teams. You can't convince me they bring less than a guy like Lauko (who I like, despite his offensive limitations) - Maroon will help, but at that point it's pretty much too late. He's an older guy who will stand in there and stand up for his teammates, but he's also not really a good fighter. I think a guys like Olivier and Duhaime can be 15-20 point 4th line guys who will bring that ability.

It's been pretty much open season on this team for a while to be honest, and the reason that is, is because the opposing team has no one to really fear, or no one who will be an intimidating factor. We have Marchand having to be the guy who sets the tone more often than not, and we can't afford him hurting himself. Frederic isn't feared by anyone and Wotherspoon who plays a chippy game on the back end has no idea what he's doing there either.

Which is why the Lucic situation is frustrating as hell. He's probably the most intimidating player in the league patrolling your 4th line, even if he only dresses for 30-40 games.

It's just frustrating as a fan what this team has become. What was once one of the feared team in the league is now a chew toy. Just don't like it, and my opinion on it won't change. You can't convince me the Bruins can't add a guy to be a staple on that 4th line in the offseason. Maybe we were spoiled because we had 2-3 of those guys, but the fact the Bruins have NONE right now concerns me.
This is my feeling as well. Bruins are a damn good hockey team and have been forever. Everyone thinks that this viewpoint means we want to see fighting all the time and over useless stuff. Also everyone being tough. Sick of hearing that. What you said is on point. This is an amazing team that is missing more talent in the top 6 as well as the glaring need for some kind of fighter ala Lucic to keep people in line.
Hearing people say they had heart and stood up for each other the last two games bothers me a bit as yes that is correct. They stood up for each other but we're embarrassed in the process. Captain having to fight a guy twice his size, Lindholm having to fight for the first time in his career and Freddy finally showing up in this regard to only get instantly worked over. Not sure how people enjoy watching that all happen only to say but hey they are tops in the league. Yes they are but man it hurts being a Bruins fan watching the players get worked. Who was the last player they had Miller? How long ago was that. Lucic aside.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This is my feeling as well. Bruins are a damn good hockey team and have been forever. Everyone thinks that this viewpoint means we want to see fighting all the time and over useless stuff. Also everyone being tough. Sick of hearing that. What you said is on point. This is an amazing team that is missing more talent in the top 6 as well as the glaring need for some kind of fighter ala Lucic to keep people in line.
Hearing people say they had heart and stood up for each other the last two games bothers me a bit as yes that is correct. They stood up for each other but we're embarrassed in the process. Captain having to fight a guy twice his size, Lindholm having to fight for the first time in his career and Freddy finally showing up in this regard to only get instantly worked over. Not sure how people enjoy watching that all happen only to say but hey they are tops in the league. Yes they are but man it hurts being a Bruins fan watching the players get worked. Who was the last player they had Miller? How long ago was that. Lucic aside.
Some people on here seem to think if you add a guy who brings toughness in a 4th line role, because he isn't a goal scorer, this team will suddenly be dog shit. The Bruins have been among the top teams in the NHL for half my life, while having those types of players mixed in.

We watched the Leafs (Yes, the Bruins won the game) push the Bruins around and take advantage of guys like McAvoy, Marchand and DeBrusk without any sort of push back. No push back against your biggest rival? Just weird. Marchand and DeBrusk were both crosschecked in the head, Marchand was jumped by Domi, McAvoy was also jumped by Domi and the Bruins were like "Ok, well, we're winning!" - I get that. I get that the goal is to win a hockey game and they did it. It's just odd that not one person stepped up and said enough. You add in the fact that Tyler Bertuzzi, a non fighter for the most part took advantage of our "physical d-man" at the end of the shift and proceed to pump his eyes shut was a little disheartening as well.

Oh well.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Would be nice. Sad watching Jeannot skating around out there just licking his chops to drop the gloves. Wanted Beecher (Obviously declined), then got that nice hit on Lindholm and Freddy had to try to go him. Took that mean uppercut and it was over. Sucks watching guys out there play like that and have no one to keep them in line.

While I agree that the Bruins could use some more snarl, I think guys having to drop the gloves over clean hits is the dumbest trend in the league. Your teammate got caught out and paid for it? Tough. It's hockey. McAvoy once called it stupid and I agree with him. No need for Freddy to step in there. Better answer would be looking to lay some good hits of your own as the game progresses.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Mr Gastroenterologist is dr Assalein lol

Shocking!!!
6cc89ed385f8b3920ec5ab55b1d1a85f--seinfeld--1545912165.jpg

Reminding me of Seinfeld :laugh:

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Who is next on the depth chart to fight Jeanott . Marchand?
That’s my point.
Guys can come out and do whatever they want since no one can fight

While I agree that the Bruins could use some more snarl, I think guys having to drop the gloves over clean hits is the dumbest trend in the league. Your teammate got caught out and paid for it? Tough. It's hockey. McAvoy once called it stupid and I agree with him. No need for Freddy to step in there. Better answer would be looking to lay some good hits of your own as the game progresses.
I also agree with fighting after a clean hit behind dumb.
Difference is, Jeannot was out looking for it. Tried Beecher after he hit him clean. Beecher wanted none of it

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
A step toward eliminating this stupidity—every time a player is challenged/jumped after a good hit (no penalty called) the referees are required to give a penalty (instigator/unsportsmanlike conduct) to the player retaliating.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
That’s my point.

Difference is, Jeannot was out looking for it. Tried Beecher after he hit him clean. Beecher wanted none of it
Calling Marchand "Lazy" is dumb!.

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
A step toward eliminating this stupidity—every time a player is challenged/jumped after a good hit (no penalty called) the referees are required to give a penalty (instigator/unsportsmanlike conduct) to the player retaliating.

Quite right, and already sometimes they do call instigator penalties in those situations. But like all officiating in this league it's not consistent.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
That’s my point.

Difference is, Jeannot was out looking for it. Tried Beecher after he hit him clean. Beecher wanted none of
Problem is refs are not doing their job. If they did we wouldn’t have to worry about who’s going to retaliate.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Brazeau has been doing great. Long reach and really good around the net. He moves pretty well for a big man with the long strides and I think we have a keeper on the 4th line
What I have noticed when he has the puck the defense just gets out of his way. It’s funny to watch sometimes.

If he ever figures out what a menace he could be out there his ceiling would seem to be pretty high.

Ps this site is glorious to reply on on mobile. Jeez!!
Brazeau has been a very pleasant surprise. He skates like he’s in mud, especially with the puck, but somehow he’s rarely behind the play. Any time there’s a play around the net he’s either the one putting the puck toward goal or he’s already there waiting. I’m perfectly fine with him as a fix

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
I don't believe Pasta hates playing with Danton. There are far worse players and Heinen is consistently decent. There are other players (making more $$) that you cannot count on as they are so inconsistent.
I would agree. Heinen has his faults, but hockey IQ or work ethic has never been one of them. Its easier to play with a hardworking less skilled smart player than a more skilled dumb or lazy one.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Some people on here seem to think if you add a guy who brings toughness in a 4th line role, because he isn't a goal scorer, this team will suddenly be dog shit. The Bruins have been among the top teams in the NHL for half my life, while having those types of players mixed in.

We watched the Leafs (Yes, the Bruins won the game) push the Bruins around and take advantage of guys like McAvoy, Marchand and DeBrusk without any sort of push back. No push back against your biggest rival? Just weird. Marchand and DeBrusk were both crosschecked in the head, Marchand was jumped by Domi, McAvoy was also jumped by Domi and the Bruins were like "Ok, well, we're winning!" - I get that. I get that the goal is to win a hockey game and they did it. It's just odd that not one person stepped up and said enough. You add in the fact that Tyler Bertuzzi, a non fighter for the most part took advantage of our "physical d-man" at the end of the shift and proceed to pump his eyes shut was a little disheartening as well.

Oh well.

I can't believe anyone watching that Leafs game would come away thinking the Bruins didn't push back, but here we are. Bruins were plenty physical in return and responded both on the scoreboard and on the ice. No, they didn't win fights but is that the goal? Winning a fight? Or is it keeping their intensity high, staying physical and winning the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad