GDT: Game 73: Red Wings at canes 7:30 pm et 3/28/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Welp, considering this team has immensely volatile defense and goaltending game-to-game and refused to call up Ed when Larkin went down, shit was bound to get ugly. I didn't know they'd be THIS bad though for such a long stretch.

Oh well, lots about the future to look forward to, but the stopgap vets like Ghost, Perron, Sprong, Petry, Holl, Reimer, all must go. Some contractual decisions by SY this offseason are gonna be under scrutiny for sure. I hope he sees what we are seeing and cuts the losses

Hopefully we can snag another useful piece that gets overlooked ala Sandin-Pellikka mid 1st round

Reactions: Nevins

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
I still can’t comprehend why he didn’t trade some prospects and picks for some damn help this season to give these guys a fighting chance
I know marijuana legalization has a big push lately, but I’m beginning to think Yzerman’s pot habit is negatively affecting his decision making.

Reactions: nbwingsfan

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
How pissed would everyone be if he did this and we still were here. Which I think would be the case.
How pissed would I be if he traded one of our 64 B level prospects or some 2nd/3rd round pick to show this team he’s serious about us making the post season and rewarding their effort regardless if we made it or not?

A hell of a lot less pissed than I am now that He just twiddled his thumbs and hoped for the best.

We don’t have enough room for all these prospects.

Reactions: Zetterberg4Captain

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Game Management Rules: Breaking your stick on Ed in the second period is not a slash. Now that it's 4-0 in the third, a one hander that hits the stick is now a slash.

Reactions: ricky0034

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
You guys do realize that Holl, Perry, Perron, Reimer, etc. will be gone next year only to be replaced by similar journeyman jobbers?

As I’ve said before, the top Atlantic teams aren’t going away. The other teams who miss the playoffs will regroup. This team is stuck in mediocrity.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
hah.png

giphy.gif

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
You guys do realize that Holl, Perry, Perron, Reimer, etc. will be gone next year only to be replaced by similar journeyman jobbers?

As I’ve said before, the top Atlantic teams aren’t going away. The other teams who miss the playoffs will regroup. This team is stuck in mediocrity.

How can they be stuck in mediocrity already when this is the first season they've risen to a level that could be called mediocre?

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
For what it worth, Caps will lose 5-1 Philly still losing 2-0 to Habs, about 5 minutes left

Edit Habs up 3-0 about 2 minutes left, 4 on 4 for pretty much the rest of the game

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
How can they be stuck in mediocrity already when this is the first season they've risen to a level that could be called mediocre?
Last season they were in a similar place. I was talking about the future though. How much higher can they finish next season with more raw prospects and no game breakers?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Last season they were in a similar place. I was talking about the future though. How much higher can they finish next season with more raw prospects and no game breakers?

Wings were 8th worst in the league last season. Right now they're playing like they want to end up there again but I don't think even they can manage that.

Next season, who knows. I'll complain about that bridge when I cross it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad