GDT: Game 73: Columbus vs. Philadelphia | 3/22 7PM EST

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Try Boone & Bob & Cam. There would b no shoot out w/o Cam's goal.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

The way the comeback unfolded, it's definitely a yay. Flip the script at home against a desperate and hot team, so dramatically- team shows there's still some edge there.

Different than leading, then giving up the game-tying goal and salvaging it in OT.

Something for Cam, Boone and Torts to work with?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I am happy for Sergei. He deserved that one after all he's been through. Hats off Bob

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
I rarely leave games early. Usually see the other team bury an empty netter and leave disappointed.

Tonight I left with 4 minutes to go as I felt tired and didn't feel a comeback was in the offing. Of course this happens.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
I rarely leave games early. Usually see the other team bury an empty netter and leave disappointed.

Tonight I left with 4 minutes to go as I felt tired and didn't feel a comeback was in the offing. Of course this happens.

You know what you have to do from now on right?
Starting next year of course.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
I did not watch the game, but when I see that the CBJ had 54 shots, then I have to think they were just throwing the puck at the net from everywhere.

Was that the case, or did they dominate play?

Valdiz

Apr 4, 2015
Moscow
I did not watch the game, but when I see that the CBJ had 54 shots, then I have to think they were just throwing the puck at the net from everywhere.

Was that the case, or did they dominate play?

Probably the first one. Although there were some good scoring opportunities (Mason played well), I can't say that cbj were dominant. Its more like going in line with Torts's " shoot the damn puck" routine.
The last minute was exceptional, though. And the effort was there all game long

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
I went to the game and thought the Jackets outplayed the Flyers all game but just weren't able to beat Mason. It was a shame the arena was emptying out when Murray was called for slashing. A lot of people missed an exciting ending.

I was on the opposite end when Boll got ejected. I thought it was a foolish play by Boll and probably deserved a game misconduct. On the arena cam it looked like Boll had time to line Bellemare up after the puck was gone. I also realize it was a slow motion replay.

How did other posters perceive that play?

I noticed lots of Blue Jackets had something to say to Ryan White of the Flyers all game long. I can only surmise he must be a huge trash talker.

I thought Wennberg was very noticeable most of the game for both good and bad. He made a number of small plays that made a difference throughout the game, keeping possession in the offensive end or helping get the puck out in the defensive end, cutting off lanes to keep puck carriers from getting really good looks etc. I also noticed he seems to avoid going to the net when he has the puck.

The look of pure joy on Cam's face after his goal said a lot about both the player and the team.

It was an exciting game and great entertainment.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Probably the first one. Although there were some good scoring opportunities (Mason played well), I can't say that cbj were dominant. Its more like going in line with Torts's " shoot the damn puck" routine.
The last minute was exceptional, though. And the effort was there all game long

Thanks for the insight.

I really have mixed emotions about the win last night.

First of all, I am so sick and tired of this team blowing it's play-off chances early in the season, then playing strong late in the season to blow a high draft pick. Yea, yea, yea, I get the whole team emotions thing, but damn!

Secondly, I really want to see the Flyers knock the Deadthings out of the play-offs. I really don't harbor any Flyers hate, but still have no love at all for Detroit. I want to see Detroit out of the play-offs, and their obnoxious fans crying.

However:

I paid a visit to the Flyers PGT, and damn do Flyers fans hate us right now, even calling Columbus "the armpit of the world". So in that regard, the comeback win was nice. If they want to get all ugly and nasty about our fair City, team, and fans then they deserve what they got.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad