GDT: Game 73: Columbus at Washington | 3/23 7PM

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Yada, yada..... there are two choices Bobbycat..... win enough to take 2nd or lose enough to take 4th.....

If Pitt has home ice vs the CBJ the odds are 80% Pitt will win.... So win enough or lose enough, those are the only alternatives and CBJ have not won since the clinch!!! geez..

Run the math... CBJ would need to drop a net 7 (8 points probably w/tiebreakers) to NYR in 8 games. NYR would need to win out with 2 games vs pens and 1 game vs caps AND CBJ would need to drop 5 games out of 9 in regulation.

Actually...here...sportsclubstats ran the math. CBJ have less than 1% chance of falling to WC. http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/Columbus.html

They have about 18% chance at 1st.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Really disappointed in how the CBJ are ******** the bed to end the season, Just like after the 16-game win streak ended, they are falling asleep in these games. Pretty gross.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Run the math... CBJ would need to drop a net 7 (8 points probably w/tiebreakers) to NYR in 8 games. NYR would need to win out with 2 games vs pens and 1 game vs caps AND CBJ would need to drop 5 games out of 9 in regulation.

Actually...here...sportsclubstats ran the math. CBJ have less than 1% chance of falling to WC. http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/Eastern/Metropolitan/Columbus.html

They have about 18% chance at 1st.

Good work....

3rd seed in Metro is the issue then... I guess the CBJ better start winning or lose on game Seven in Pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Good work....

3rd seed in Metro is the issue then... I guess the CBJ better start winning or lose on game Seven in Pittsburgh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or we could win. We've beaten Pittsburgh before we can beat them again, home ice be damned. And don't give me statistics. Hockey is played on ice not paper.

Last edited:

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
Really disappointed in how the CBJ are ******** the bed to end the season, Just like after the 16-game win streak ended, they are falling asleep in these games. Pretty gross.

Standings say jackets are 7-2-1 in last 10. Only teams better are Pens at 7-1-2 and Blues at 9-1-0.

The scheduling is just crazy for everyone. Don't remember anything this condensed for NHL.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Standings say jackets are 7-2-1 in last 10. Only teams better are Pens at 7-1-2 and Blues at 9-1-0.

The scheduling is just crazy for everyone. Don't remember anything this condensed for NHL.

BTW.... I hate OU.... To many drunks down there..... Crappy little town too.... ... :)

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
if only the mods on this site would take a passing interest in policing CBJ trolling, as much as they protect the precious Leafs sensibilities! complete joke

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I only saw the highlights.

That was some OT. Imagine if Jones scores on that partial breakaway.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
if only the mods on this site would take a passing interest in policing CBJ trolling, as much as they protect the precious Leafs sensibilities! complete joke

No idea what you're talking about. Report posts you want reviewed.

Are you going to address the reasonable and correct reply to your goofy post about the 7-2-1 in the last 10 CBJ ******** the bed?

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
No idea what you're talking about. Report posts you want reviewed.

Are you going to address the reasonable and correct reply to your goofy post about the 7-2-1 in the last 10 CBJ ******** the bed?

Apologies for the goofy post. :help:

CBJ have not looked good for a while despite winning against teams like NJ (3 games). Can't count on 2 penalty shots in one game in the playoffs, and a power play that is 11 for 88 lately isn't getting the job done.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
This team will go as far as Bob carries them. The offense (especially PP) has regressed to a pretty average team. But bob has been outstanding.
Now sliding to 4th doesn't appear to be an option - to do that we would have to be terrible these last 10 games, and I don't think we want to enter the playoffs on a 3-8 run.
If we finish 3rd I still like the match-up with Pittsburgh. Dubi has the ability to get under Syd's skin. Would be decent odds to win that series even without home ice. If Pittsburgh passes Washington then I don't like that match-up. I think we lose that series.
Keep digging 2nd is still within reach, 1st could be with some great play, but I'd still keep hoping for second.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
CBJ have not looked good for a while despite winning against teams like NJ (3 games). Can't count on 2 penalty shots in one game in the playoffs, and a power play that is 11 for 88 lately isn't getting the job done.

They were 6-3-1 in their previous 10 with wins over Pens, Rangers, Wild, Toronto, and Islanders. So, 28 of 40 points in last 20 which equals 115 point season pace.

No team's going to look good playing 4 games a week, or in 6 days. Those guys were so gassed I think one of those AAA midgets players shown during the intermission would've taken a better shootout shot. It's going to be rough hockey the rest of the way out (both CBJ and opponents). The PP probably won't get much better unfortunately, cause there's no time to practice. Hopefully, they'll have 4 days off at end of season to practice before their series starts.

It's not just CBJ, every team's dealing with it. Toronto fans went off cliff when they took a beat down from Florida last week. Pens took a beating from Philly a little over a week ago and their fans went off their cliff. Capitals lost like 4 straight including a 5-0 loss dropped on Holden out west.

I'm OK with a SO loss on the road at the Capitals. It would've been nice to beat Toronto on Wednesday, but they were a more desperate team. At the end of the day, CBJ are 3rd in the league in points and only 3 behind leader. They aren't collapsing besides what Ryan Lambert keeps trying to convince us.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
They were 6-3-1 in their previous 10 with wins over Pens, Rangers, Wild, Toronto, and Islanders. So, 28 of 40 points in last 20 which equals 115 point season pace.

No team's going to look good playing 4 games a week, or in 6 days. Those guys were so gassed I think one of those AAA midgets players shown during the intermission would've taken a better shootout shot. It's going to be rough hockey the rest of the way out (both CBJ and opponents). The PP probably won't get much better unfortunately, cause there's no time to practice. Hopefully, they'll have 4 days off at end of season to practice before their series starts.

It's not just CBJ, every team's dealing with it. Toronto fans went off cliff when they took a beat down from Florida last week. Pens took a beating from Philly a little over a week ago and their fans went off their cliff. Capitals lost like 4 straight including a 5-0 loss dropped on Holden out west.

I'm OK with a SO loss on the road at the Capitals. It would've been nice to beat Toronto on Wednesday, but they were a more desperate team. At the end of the day, CBJ are 3rd in the league in points and only 3 behind leader. They aren't collapsing besides what Ryan Lambert keeps trying to convince us.

You keep throwing out the record, which I have already acknowledged is fine. The team just doesn't look good, which I think anyone who watches these games can easily admit. Individual players are disappearing when we need them to step up (Atkinson, Wennberg, Gagner is going into hiding again). It's probably due to exhaustion and again, having clinched and feeling the need to let down a bit. It's natural. I hope they can flip the switch though and be prepared when it really counts.

Columbus Mike

2015-16 CBJ
Feb 21, 2008
I always love reading through a game thread the next day. So much gloom and doom.

We took a point, on the road against the best team in the league, a night after playing a game and having to travel. One that rarely loses at home. That's a point I wasn't counting on.

Sure, the PP sucks right now, but if it gets back to average we are going to be a hard out. Our best players were our best players, and that's how you win playoff games.

Also, none of our players had their fingers chopped off. Hopefully the league suspends Method for getting blood on Crosby's stick.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
You keep throwing out the record, which I have already acknowledged is fine. The team just doesn't look good, which I think anyone who watches these games can easily admit. Individual players are disappearing when we need them to step up (Atkinson, Wennberg, Gagner is going into hiding again). It's probably due to exhaustion and again, having clinched and feeling the need to let down a bit. It's natural. I hope they can flip the switch though and be prepared when it really counts.

I was only trying to address your concern over the "quality" of wins, that it's not just NJDs the CBJ have beaten. They have three VERY winnable games coming up, so I guess we'll see how they respond to the exhaustion and "clinch" concerns. Hopefully, win the next three and steal a point on the road at Chicago to come back for another shot at Capitals. Capitals will be playing 5 straight road games, we're 4th in that run, so I think we still have a good shot at them.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The offense has been struggling lately. We did get dominated, so to come out with a point in a game like this against, honestly, an unbelievably good team in the second game of a back to back is a plus to me. Had chances to win.

Main thing I noticed is that we need to shoot the puck more. Get the offense going.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
2LEA1j5bZnyQxhIfbgh24g0AxtZuwww64Sqgl6Z3Lj8.jpg

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

And Bob is 8-0-2 in his last 10.....(with 1.18 GAA)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad