GDT: Game #73 - 03.25.14 - at Chicago - 7:00 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
You guys know that we have a game in hand + a game against phx + the tiebreakers, right?

All we've gotta do is stay within 2, which we likely will. And then it's all decided in 60 minutes.

Chill pill, people.

Not sure how likely.

We have three back to backs remaining, plus a game in hand that we're down 1-0 already in, plus 4 games in 5 days.

Plus we have to win on the road on the East Coast...something we haven't done since NOVEMBER.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
SpiffyScarceKillifish.gif

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
Eh, if the team makes playoffs, swell.
If not, eh.
I'm officially in cruise mode.
I'm taking my emotions and going home.
Look what you've done to me Dallas.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
You guys know that we have a game in hand + a game against phx + the tiebreakers, right?

All we've gotta do is stay within 2, which we likely will. And then it's all decided in 60 minutes.

Chill pill, people.

Don't know about you but if this team goes into that last game needing only to not lose I give Phoenix the edge. They are simply the better close game, eke-out-a-win team.

Bkennedy*

I just think it's funny that we were all optimistic this morning, expected to lose this one, then lost, and are now calling doom and gloom.

Verbal Kint

Oct 9, 2007
I just think it's funny that we were all optimistic this morning, expected to lose this one, then lost, and are now calling doom and gloom.

Doom and gloom yes.. and i don't blame them. This team has been so inconsistent that they really haven't shown they belong to playoffs.

Yes nobody expected them to win in Chicago but what's depressing is that those freaking desert dogs won in PIT that NOBODY expected. So it's a punch to the gut.

NAS on friday is absolute MUST win because they will lose in STL next day.

Bkennedy*

Doom and gloom yes.. and i don't blame them. This team has been so inconsistent that they really haven't shown they belong to playoffs.

Yes nobody expected them to win in Chicago but what's depressing is that those freaking desert dogs won in PIT that NOBODY expected. So it's a punch to the gut.

NAS on friday is absolute MUST win because they will lose in STL next day.

Meh, after watching this team so much I'm done with the "this is a must" and "we'll lose" that - you just literally never know with them.

I think we'll go into the last game down 2 points and win in OT. *sigh*

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Meh, after watching this team so much I'm done with the "this is a must" and "we'll lose" that - you just literally never know with them.

I think we'll go into the last game down 2 points and win in OT. *sigh*

Well you know that's exactly how Phoenix will play.

If they have to, that is. They're in the driver's seat right now, they keep winning and it doesn't matter what Dallas does.

Bkennedy*

Well you know that's exactly how Phoenix will play.

If they have to, that is. They're in the driver's seat right now, they keep winning and it doesn't matter what Dallas does.

Umm kinda not really? Hard to say who's in the "drivers seat" because we're in it just as much as they are.

We win all of our games - we're in

They win all of their games - they're in.

Thing is, neither of those will happen. I know PHX would play like that, but I have confidence we can crack them. It's not like we had a pathetic showing against Chicago. I think we played better than most of us thought we would on day 2 of a b2b at the best team in the leagues building. We'll find our way to make it close enough.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad

Always like that here. Bipolarish, Jekyll and Hydey place we got 'round here. I guess the team is the same way though.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
93/94 pts remains the magic number boys.

Our game in hand begins down a goal to Columbus.

What's our longest winning streak this season?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
That's what I thought. Can you see the Stars rolling over 4 straight teams? Nooooooopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, this wagon is bleeding out slowly. We may control our fate but we all know how this ends.

Bkennedy*

That's what I thought. Can you see the Stars rolling over 4 straight teams? Nooooooopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, this wagon is bleeding out slowly. We may control our fate but we all know how this ends.

I don't see us coming out of the gate and dominating everyone.

I could see us going just above .500 and phx going .500.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
It helps to go full on cruise control after about the 50 game mark. Get in and have playoff hockey? Great. Just miss out yet again? C'est la vie.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I don't see us coming out of the gate and dominating everyone.

I could see us going just above .500 and phx going .500.

Assuming Phoenix goes 4-4-1 somehow, they end up with 91 points. For us to reach 91 points we'd have to hit 6-4-0 to keep it simple. That still wouldn't guarantee us a ticket to the dance. It would come down to the ROW / final (death) game in Phoenix.

I just can't see it.

St Louis in their barn after a game vs. Nashville the evening before

4 games on the East coast. This includes a game against Florida after playing the Bolts the night before. (Lobo remind us when the last time we won in an Eastern Conference barn.... Novemberrrrr)

Then 3 games at home. Which includes a b2b, Nashville then CBJ, where we're down by 1. Finishing the homestand vs. the Blues... yay.

Concluding the season in Phoenix.

Good luck soldier

Bkennedy*

Assuming Phoenix goes 4-4-1 somehow, they end up with 91 points. For us to reach 91 points we'd have to hit 6-4-0 to keep it simple. That still wouldn't guarantee us a ticket to the dance. It would come down to the ROW / final (death) game in Phoenix.

I just can't see it.

St Louis in their barn after a game vs. Nashville the evening before

4 games on the East coast. This includes a game against Florida after playing the Bolts the night before. (Lobo remind us when the last time we won in an Eastern Conference barn.... Novemberrrrr)

Then 3 games at home. Which includes a b2b, Nashville then CBJ, where we're down by 1. Finishing the homestand vs. the Blues... yay.

Concluding the season in Phoenix.

Good luck soldier

What happens when Phx goes 3-6? (they could)

Still, we don't need to rely on that. Say they go 4-4-1, we go 5-4, then it comes down to one game. Same if we go 4-3-2, etc.

Point is, we can gain ONE point on them in the next 9 games. Then win ONE game. It's possible.

we don't have to be tied with them going into that last game, we likely just have to be down 2 or less. I'm not saying we're gonna make the dance or anything yet. I'm just saying I consider it close to a coin-flip at this point. Remember they still don't have Smith and I'm not sure how hot their backup can stay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I fully trust this team to finish strong! Just like they finish strong just prior to the Olympic break (exceeded the expectations).

also Seguin will go on a tear and finish second in points behind Crosb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad