GDT: Game 72: Detroit Red Wings @ Washington Capitals - 3/12/2020 - 7 PM

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Will the NHL suspend play? Will the remaining games be played in empty arenas? There's an announcement coming this morning according to various hockey sources around the net. One scenario tossed out was canceling all remaining regular season games and then picking up with the playoffs. This seems like a possible first step before canceling the season all together. This coronavirus shit just seems to get worse every day.

If we get a game we have a GDT. If not, well hell, we can post our own fan fiction accounts of what might have been.

If this is the end of our 2019-20 season it's been a fun time here even if we've mainly stewed in misery.

Some of us are bound to get this virus or will know someone that does. I hope it passes as any normal flu would and you and yours remain safe and we all return in 2020-21 to see The Quebecois Kid skate with a winged wheel on his sweater.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
Will the NHL suspend play? Will the remaining games be played in empty arenas? There's an announcement coming this morning according to various hockey sources around the net. One scenario tossed out was canceling all remaining regular season games and then picking up with the playoffs. This seems like a possible first step before canceling the season all together. This coronavirus shit just seems to get worse every day.

If we get a game we have a GDT. If not, well hell, we can post our own fan fiction accounts of what might have been.

If this is the end of our 2019-20 season it's been a fun time here even if we've mainly stewed in misery.

Some of us are bound to get this virus or will know someone that does. I hope it passes as any normal flu would and you and yours remain safe and we all return in 2020-21 to see The Quebecois Kid skate with a winged wheel on his sweater.
Heh...nice pun.

Reactions: Ulysses31
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
My guess is that they suspend play. I mean they kind of have to follow the lead of the NBA. Many teams share buildings with NBA teams, and its only a matter of time before they suspend play in the NHL.

I could see them suspend play for a couple month and then start a "mini playoffs" in May or something, or I could honestly see them cancelling the season altogether which would be a huge blow to contending teams that loaded up at the deadline.

What happens to the traded draft picks?
How does this affect the lottery odds?
Will the salary cap take a massive hit due to lost revenue?
If it does, will teams get compliance buyouts?
Will all salaries be cut by a certain percentage?

All questions that have a massive importance for different franchises.

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
Suspended until further notice.

This season will never end for the Wings.

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Will the NHL suspend play?

Fanfic you say?

It’s sunset. A lone rider approaches from the horizon. His jersey is worn, but fits like an old memory. He dismounts his horse and walks to the steps of the Pizza Dome. “I’m home.” He says with a faint smile. He’s come to back save Detroit hockey. His name, Daniel Cleary.

Reactions: Dotter

2xJack

Apr 19, 2019
Suspended until further notice.

This season will never end for the Wings.

Actually, I believe it is over. It just ended very suddenly and without warning, and not everyone has accepted that it is over.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Jesus.

All because people can't practice common sense, especially when it comes to hygiene.
I hope you're aware that COVID-19 can possibly linger as an airborne contagion even after an infected person leaves the area.

Responsible hygiene is certainly a major component. But when you can be contagious before showing any symptoms, and still spread it after leaving a room, then temporary social distancing is a necessary inconvenience to slow this thing down a bit.

Reactions: SirloinUB

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
well if you're gonna have a season be postponed/cancelled, I'm pretty ok with it being this one as long as they maintain positions for the lottery.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad