GDT: Game 72: Coyotes @ Edmonton - 7:30pm (AZ) - TNT - Oh My Aching Back to Back Edition

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
As an old fart 5 days younger than Gretzky and someone who saw plenty of him in his prime….can honestly say McDavid is the closest thing to the TGO. Very similar playing style…and results.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
As an old fart 5 days younger than Gretzky and someone who saw plenty of him in his prime….can honestly say McDavid is the closest thing to the TGO. Very similar playing style…and results.
I dont think they play similar a similar game at all, other than the whole scoring at will thing.

Reactions: ck26

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Do you think they are that close? Results yes, but McDavid uses his speed to create everything, where TGO it was his hockey IQ. Love watching players with this kind of talent. It doesn't happen very often, so when it does, enjoy it.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Do you think they are that close? Results yes, but McDavid uses his speed to create everything, where TGO it was his hockey IQ. Love watching players with this kind of talent. It doesn't happen very often, so when it does, enjoy it.
TGO was smarter than everyone in his era, he didn't have near the raw talent/speed McDavid does, 2 different but both domonent players.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
TGO was smarter than everyone in his era, he didn't have near the raw talent/speed McDavid does, 2 different but both domonent players.
I wonder what the state of hockey would be in AZ if we had McDavid?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
...unless you look at their front office.

Well, in this alternate universe, are Tippett and then Tocchet still coaching the Mutts?

If so, I don't think a single thing would be changed.
I disagree. If needed McDavid would have demanded changes.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think we would have gotten another 1st in this upcoming draft for him.

He would've asked for a trade by now.
You guys are talking like nothing would have changed. Let's be serious for a minute here. I think getting McDavid here would have been almost the same as TGO going to LA. I don't think any of the crap we have gone through, and currently going thru would have been a reality with McDavid. IF we have the good fortune and get Bedard we might see first hand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad