GDT: Game 72: CHI @ MTL | Deep dish | Mar. 16, 2019 7:00pm ET, CITY, SNE, TVAS, WGN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Is this it?

M41PVPo.jpg

Shaw doesn't think so. Called out his teammates big time during Thursday's post-game scrum.

AzZl0Le.jpg

Hopefully, this guy will get the message:

bdqEAiJ.gif

Not to mention this guy:

eNLq7dS.jpg

Not everyone was listening, however. This guy probably won't see any more action over the rest of the season ...

Q0Slgrv.gif

We're going to need all the help we can get. We've even resorted to enlisting the services of an exorcist, to chase away bad omens in anticipation of tonight's game:

DnGjrZz.jpg

I'd like that painting back when he's going to be done with it.

XqxEt0A.jpg

Meantime, looking like Shampoo continues to have value despite no longer being a Hab. I mean, what kind of deal is that for the sweater of an ex-Hab scrub?

MVI5FrO.jpg

Remember, this can be you ...

0VKbbv6.jpg

In KK news, he's finally had his first taste of a Tim Horton's Ice Capp and the verdict is in:

IWAH6Kn.gif

Habs Lineup

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Shaw
Drouin - KK - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Weal

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Benn - Folin

Price
Niemi

Hawks Lineup

Keith - Gustafsson
Forsling - Seabrook
Dahlstrom - Murphy

Crawford (starter)
Ward

PJTX9mn.gif

Last edited:

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Habs get a 3-0 lead then lose the game with 2 minutes left in regulation 4-3.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Is this it?

M41PVPo.jpg

Shaw doesn't think so. Called out his teammates big time during yesterday's post-game scrum.

AzZl0Le.jpg

Hopefully, this guy will get the message:

bdqEAiJ.gif

Not to mention this guy:

eNLq7dS.jpg

Not everyone was listening, however. This guy probably won't see any more action over the rest of the season ...

Q0Slgrv.gif

We're going to need all the help we can get. We've even resorted to enlisting the services of an exorcist, to chase away bad omens in anticipation of tonight's game:

DnGjrZz.jpg

I'd like that painting back when he's going to be done with it.

XqxEt0A.jpg

Meantime, looking like Shampoo continues to have value despite no longer being a Hab. I mean, what kind of deal is that for a sweater of an ex-Hab scrub?

MVI5FrO.jpg

Remember, this can be you ...

0VKbbv6.jpg

In KK news, he's finally had his first taste of a Tim Horton's Ice Capp and the verdict is in:

IWAH6Kn.gif

Habs Lineup

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Lehkonen - Domi - Shaw
Drouin - KK - Armia
Byron - Thompson - Weal

Mete - Weber
Kulak - Petry
Benn - Folin

Price
Niemi

Hawks Lineup

Keith - Gustafsson
Forsling - Seabrook
Dahlstrom - Murphy

Caggiula
Ward

PJTX9mn.gif

So many gems in this GDT, Drouini- that's perfect. :laugh:

Reactions: Runner77

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
I hope Tim's picks up on the Kotka-IcedCapp-delish thing, I really do.

Free small iced capp's when Kotka scores in a game, do it Tim's. I understand your freebie budget is lower than McD's with the McFries.

Then when the Eagle puts one in, iced capp machines all over QC break down for about an hour, in unison. It'll be glorious.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Damn, if only the team could achieve as much results on the ice as you do with your GDTs... :laugh:

For the game, last sunday (I think), someone made a thread (not sure) about the incoming 3 games of the week.

Predicted a win vs the Red Wings (cause they're a bottom team), a loss vs the Isles (cause they're a playoff team), and a loss vs the Hawks cause they're on fire lately.

So yeah, another loss tonight.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
We're playing a hungry team with quality shooters. I don't like it for our current Habs... unless the team somehow finds their set of legs again.

Then there's Crawford coming back from short term illness. And Debrincat who scored his first goal ever against Price.

We need a miracle maybe? A jogger's second wind? It's as if they've all hit a wall almost at the same time, it's a bad horror movie.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
We're playing a hungry team with quality shooters. I don't like it for our current Habs... unless the team somehow finds their set of legs again.

Then there's Crawford coming back from short term illness. And Debrincat who scored his first goal ever against Price.

We need a miracle maybe? A jogger's second wind? It's as if they've all hit a wall almost at the same time, it's a bad horror movie.

The advanced stats kinda pointed to this happening.. the Habs offense wasn't going to sustain what it was doing but Price wasn't going to continue playing as weak as he was.. the offense predictably dried up and Price rose his level of play, but as we've seen the movie with the Montreal Canadiens for decades.. they struggle to score 2-3 goals a night even when their goalies give up 2 or less.

Reactions: Runner77

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
The advanced stats kinda pointed to this happening.. the Habs offense wasn't going to sustain what it was doing but Price wasn't going to continue playing as weak as he was.. the offense predictably dried up and Price rose his level of play, but as we've seen the movie with the Montreal Canadiens for decades.. they struggle to score 2-3 goals a night even when their goalies give up 2 or less.

Some games much earlier this year had shades of ~08 to '10 with the quick execution and passes on the tape, almost every time. The number of quality scoring chances the team got in the first half of the season was cause for optimism I would think, given the absolute crap execution we were privy to in the last couple of seasons. You're saying advanced stats this year pointed to the first half of the season being unsustainable going forward? I'd be interested to see the number of stats-centric reporters who predicted the Habs downfall say around mid-Dec or early Jan.

The organization keeps PR'ing along to satisfy all types of fans - to varying degrees, that is. They don't want to make the front page news for 5 weeks straight in the Summer after trading Price to say, Carolina. It's an outlook to 2024-28 at this point, we're on cruise control.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Some games much earlier this year had shades of ~08 to '10 with the quick execution and passes on the tape, almost every time. The number of quality scoring chances the team got in the first half of the season was cause for optimism I would think, given the absolute crap execution we were privy to in the last couple of seasons. You're saying advanced stats this year pointed to the first half of the season being unsustainable going forward? I'd be interested to see the number of stats-centric reporters who predicted the Habs downfall say around mid-Dec or early Jan.

The organization keeps PR'ing along to satisfy all types of fans - to varying degrees, that is. They don't want to make the front page news for 5 weeks straight in the Summer after trading Price to say, Carolina. It's an outlook to 2024-28 at this point, we're on cruise control.

I don't have them off hand but players like Domi were showing extremely high PDO, to the point they were showing production similar to a guy like McDavid, which was obviously unsustainable.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Habs get a 3-0 lead then lose the game with 2 minutes left in regulation 4-3.

Forgot to add, mandatory pull the goalie goal against - as if a man advantage would help:biglaugh:- then suddenly Julien gets an epiphany that the season is on the line and in sheer desperation pulls the goalie again :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:. I reserve the right to change my vote :sarcasm:- final score Habs 3, Hawks-6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad