Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
:blues (45-20-6) @ :wild (39-25-7)

TV: NHLN-US, SNE, SNO, FS-MW, FS-N, FS-WI

Season series: The St. Louis Blues and Minnesota Wild have split two games this season, with each team winning on the road. The Blues won in a shootout in St. Paul in late November and the Wild won 3-1 at Scottrade Center last Saturday. St. Louis' David Backes leads all goal-scorers with two, one in each game.

Blues team scope: St. Louis had an optional practice in St. Paul on Friday after a 2-1 shootout loss to the Winnipeg Jets on Thursday. The Blues will play the fourth game of their season-long six-game road swing; they are 2-0-1 on so far. Goaltender Brian Elliott will start Saturday. He is 6-1-0 in seven career starts against the Wild with a 1.94 goals-against average, a .906 save percentage and two shutouts. Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said Jake Allen will start Sunday against the Detroit Red Wings.

Wild team scope: Minnesota will welcome defenseman Marco Scandella back to the lineup Saturday. Scandella has been out since aggravating an oblique injury Feb. 28 against the Colorado Avalanche; he has missed nine games. "I'm excited," Scandella said. "I felt good in practice today. I'm just ready to go. No worries now, I feel really good." When he's been in the lineup, Scandella has been perhaps the Wild's most consistent defenseman this season. His nine goals are tied for most on the team among defensemen, and his physical presence and skating ability has been sorely missed on the second defensive pairing. With Scandella back, rookie Christian Folin will be a healthy scratch. Forward Ryan Carter is close to returning but will not be back. Carter has missed the past month with an upper-body injury but could be back Tuesday against the New York Islanders. Goaltender Devan Dubnyk will get his 31st consecutive start.

Finally, a game we SOFT EUROS can watch in prime time. Take note that the game is in NHL Network or something like that. Also in Fox Sports North. Lets not get injured and try to get 2 points somehow.

:wild possible lines
Potential concussion targets

:blues possible lines
Massive murdersquad 666

moe3Tyy.jpg

yaOwmHz.jpg

SMxVmNc.jpg

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Hockeycast

Aug 31, 2011
Finland
I'm stoked due to this game starting at 8PM over here. :yo:
Too bad there aren't any good sports bars in Helsinki, just a bunch of overprized bars that'll show either the Finnish elite league in hockey or Premier League instead of NHL at most times :shakehead

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sharpies, you ain't soft. You are the Essa Tikannen of the HFB.

Go, Marco! NDG boys ain't soft, either.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I have to get there at 11 for the goalie bit, I sense a nap after this game, or if the Blues go up early and there aren't any fights, perhaps during? haha

GO WILD GO!

Expanding on this for anyone going to the game. Weekend afternoon games are a nightmare for parking. There always seems to be a million different things going on in St Paul at the same time. Sneak down there earlier than usual if you can. I missed half the first period at the last weekend afternoon game.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Expanding on this for anyone going to the game. Weekend afternoon games are a nightmare for parking. There always seems to be a million different things going on in St Paul at the same time. Sneak down there earlier than usual if you can. I missed half the first period at the last weekend afternoon game.

Yes. And avoid the ramps at all damn cost if you can. Honestly, I would rather walk from the old Dairy Queen parking lot (block down from Reids) than deal with that nightmare. Most people who are down there for the tourneys are in hotels and typically won't drive since it'll cost more to park. But you'll get a huge turnout for the Wild game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad