GDT: Game #72 3/20 7:30 PM NESN, TVAS, 98.5 - Time to remind Toronto that they are Toronto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
C7XQVfmXUAArOp8.jpg
grant_g_leaf_fans_64011.jpeg
o-NHL-PLAYOFFS-2013-TORONTO-MAPLE-LEAFS-facebook.jpg

wd3JfsC.jpg

6FRwxNb.jpg

GN9Ecau.jpg

gxWIZ0T.jpg
fL8lNdV.jpg

0914018-f-0-0914018_1.jpg

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

:bruins :handclap::handclap::handclap: :bruins

Tonight's Officials

130p_ohalloran.jpg
130p_stpierre.jpg

Referees Dan O'Halloran (13), Justin St Pierre (12)
Linesmen Scott Driscoll (68), Brad Kovachik (71)

Ntl. Anthems Martina Ortiz-Luis

WAYBACK MACHINE

ZvVgFYb.jpg

S6M98n1.jpg

BOSTON vs TORONTO, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Maple Leafs are meeting for the 666th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 295-261-98-11 record and Toronto holding a 1,976-1,965 scoring edge in those games.

The Bruins are 112-163-51-6 in their 332 road games of this lifetime series with the Maple Leafs having a 1,091-876 scoringadvantage in those contests.

The Bruins have lost the 1st 3 games of this season’s series with 4-1 losses each in Toronto on 10/15 & in Boston on 12/10, & a 6-5 setback in Boston on 2/4 … That followed a 7-game point streak vs. the Maple Leafs at 5-0-2 & they are now 17-6-4 in their last 27 games overall vs. Toronto … They are 10-4-3 in their last 17 road games of this lifetime series.

Fun Fact: The Bruins have not been swept by Toronto in a season series since 1996-97 (0-2-0).

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins visit the Maple Leafs tonight in the 4th & final game between these teams and the 2nd of 2 this season at Air Canada Centre … The Bruins are 38-27-6 thus far this season with a 19-13-6 mark on the road … They are 16-7-1 vs. Atlantic Division opponents and are 24-16-6 vs. Eastern Conference teams this season.

The Bruins are concluding tonight their longest remaining road stretch of the season, a 4-game trek from 3/13-20 (VAN-CGY-EDMTOR).

They are playing game 1 tonight of their 14th of 16 sets of 3-games-in-4-nights this season … They are 7-5-1 in game 1s, 6-4-3 in game 2s and 5-6-2 in game 3s of those series so far.

They are opening their 13th of 14 sets of back-to-back games this season … They are 7-3-2 in the 1st of those games and are 3-7-2
in the 2nd game thus far.

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Dominic Moore is 1 goal short of his 100th NHL goal.
INJURIES (142 total man-games lost)

Tim Schaller – Lower body injury suffered 3/8 vs DET; Has missed 2 games, is not on current trip.

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20162017/[email protected]?1490008580000

The Boston Bruins have been looking over their shoulders at the Toronto Maple Leafs as the teams jockey for playoff spots and seedings.

The teams have a chance to meet face to face Monday night at the Air Canada Centre.

The Bruins (38-27-6) have 82 points in 71 games and the Maple Leafs (32-23-15) have 79 points in 70 games. Both were in playoff spots entering Sunday.

The Bruins are 12-4-0 since Bruce Cassidy took over as coach and they have four points of a possible six in their past three games, all on the road.

They are still smarting, however, from a 7-4 loss to the Edmonton Oilers on Thursday.

"We'll park this one," Cassidy said. "We lost the game. That's the way we look at it. I'm not going to sum up the road trip. We lost this game. We won (Wednesday at Calgary). We won on Monday (at Vancouver). Our goal is to go into Toronto and play well."

The Maple Leafs are coming off a 2-1 overtime loss to the Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday at the Air Canada Centre.

"Every day you talk about how big the game is, but that's what we're going to do right until the end, obviously," Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock said. "You can tell by looking at it. That's a huge point for us (Saturday), an absolutely huge point, but we've got to keep getting better.

"I thought we were, as good as we played at times, I thought we were very respectful of them and I'd like to see us go after them a little bit more. That's all part of the process too."

Maple Leafs rookie Auston Matthews ended a seven-game stretch without a goal or assist when he scored his 32nd goal of the season on Saturday.

"He has been playing well throughout the games he hasn't been getting a point," said teammate William Nylander, who combined with Matthews on the goal. "So, I mean, when you're playing well, that's basically what matters as long as you're creating. Now I'm happy for him that he was able to score a goal (Saturday)."

If playing against the Blackhawks was a way of measuring themselves, the Maple Leafs feel they did well.

"I think it could have gone either way," Matthews said. "They're obviously one of the best teams in the league so I thought we did a pretty good job for all of us holding each other accountable, making sure everybody played the full 60 minutes. I thought we actually played pretty solid."

This is a big week for the Bruins as far as meeting teams that have playoff hopes.

They follow the game in Toronto by returning home to play the Ottawa Senators on Tuesday and the Tampa Bay Lightning on Thursday before visiting the New York Islanders on Saturday.

"You have to realize that every night, every team, every game, you have to show up and be good," Bruins forward Patrice Bergeron said. "You can't rely on the success we've had lately. Hopefully, we realize that and go from there."

Bergeron missed the team's practice Sunday on a maintenance day and is accompanying the team to Toronto.

"I expect him to play, but I'll know more in a couple of hours," Cassidy said.

Drew Stafford also missed practice because his wife gave birth to twins and will meet the team in Toronto. Tim Schaller remains out with a lower-body injury.

Boston recalled Noel Acciari and Sean Kuraly on an emergency basis from Providence of the American Hockey League.

Acciari has two assists in 19 games with Boston this season. Kuraly has played five games with Boston in November.

Tuukka Rask is expected to start in goal for the Bruins against the Maple Leafs, who will start Frederik Andersen.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I am Odaat and approve the preceding message:yo:

Been in Jamaica for the last week, haven`t been able to catch a B`s game, tonight is the night, quiet that ACC crowd after what I read was a rather sloppy game vs the Oilers

Last edited by a moderator:

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
So it's quite the bummer when on types out a relatively long post and then gets the 'sorry this thread is closed' message. Wish they'd give you option to c&p your stuff to put into new thread. Oh well, not retyping. Let's go boys, put double digits up on these kids please.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
If we play our game, we have no reason to lose this.

We have to expose Toronto's weak defense and finally end Anderson's win streak against us.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Absolutely beautiful Fenway! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

I take great joy in re-watching that period 3 and OT of Game 7. One of the absolutely thrilling memories of being a Bruins fan.

I am anxious to see how the new look Bruins play the young Leafs. This is the first with Cassidy at the helm and I am hoping for a Calgary type game. A huge 2 points on the line....let's get it done!

GO BRUINS!!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Time for a big win to shut the Leaf fans up,oh that's right they haven't been a sucky team for years.,because they have gotten to the quarter finals a few times in the last 50 yrs.Lol

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
So it's quite the bummer when on types out a relatively long post and then gets the 'sorry this thread is closed' message. Wish they'd give you option to c&p your stuff to put into new thread. Oh well, not retyping. Let's go boys, put double digits up on these kids please.

Sorry HockeyMomx2 :cry:

In the future if that happens just hit back on your browser and copy and past what you have written. You might still be able to do it.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Absolutely beautiful Fenway! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

I take great joy in re-watching that period 3 and OT of Game 7. One of the absolutely thrilling memories of being a Bruins fan.
I am anxious to see how the new look Bruins play the young Leafs. This is the first with Cassidy at the helm and I am hoping for a Calgary type game. A huge 2 points on the line....let's get it done!

GO BRUINS!!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

Yes Calgary style game for sure,definitely not Edmonton style game or it could get really ugly.Gotta stay out of box also,gonna be tuff though reffs love the Leafs almost as much as Scabs.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Time for a big win to shut the Leaf fans up,oh that's right they haven't been a sucky team for years.,because they have gotten to the quarter finals a few times in the last 50 yrs.Lol

They had better be careful....they are already approaching Habs fan status only with even less to brag about! :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
HAVE to generate speed through the neutral zone vs the Leafs. I noticed if there is one thing about that young Leafs D is you pressure them, mistakes happen more often than not, I wouldn`t do a hard dump in but maybe one that has the puck almost sit in the corner and attack or every so often a chip and chase.

Gardiner is an absolute dumpster fire when pressured, he`s the guy I key on

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They had better be careful....they are already approaching Habs fan status only with even less to brag about! :laugh:

I`m sorry but Leaf fans aren`t remotely close to reaching Hab fan status

Sure, they are a bit delusional but for the most part, those Leaf fans who are arrogant are in the minority whereas with Hab fans, if and when I read a post from one that is reasonable I am shocked.

I feel for Leaf fans a bit (not when they play the B`s of course;)) and most of it comes from the fact that the true Leaf fans have a hard time getting a ticket for the games due to the suits eating up so much of the lower bowl then not sitting in their seats until the 10 minute mark of a period

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
HAVE to generate speed through the neutral zone vs the Leafs. I noticed if there is one thing about that young Leafs D is you pressure them, mistakes happen more often than not, I wouldn`t do a hard dump in but maybe one that has the puck almost sit in the corner and attack or every so often a chip and chase.

Gardiner is an absolute dumpster fire when pressured, he`s the guy I key on

The same could be said about the Bruins Defence also.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The same could be said about the Bruins Defence also.

won`t really disagree, I find the Leafs D more fleet of foot but where the B`s D often has the advantage is for as slow as K Miller/Z and Quaider are, more often than not, they make the safe/right play when pressured.

You look at how many games the Leafs have blown leads and you watch the D mistakes that lead to a comeback from opponents. The B`s have blown leads a few times but more often than not, this team holds it`s ground and it`s often due to the experience on the back and up front, having players know how to close out games, Leafs still learning

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Biggest game of the season to date so far

Bs better be ready to play and bring there A game no excuses after having 3 days off

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
won`t really disagree, I find the Leafs D more fleet of foot but where the B`s D often has the advantage is for as slow as K Miller/Z and Quaider are, more often than not, they make the safe/right play when pressured.

You look at how many games the Leafs have blown leads and you watch the D mistakes that lead to a comeback from opponents. The B`s have blown leads a few times but more often than not, this team holds it`s ground and it`s often due to the experience on the back and up front, having players know how to close out games, Leafs still learning

Yes Bruins definitely have to put the pressure on there D don't want to sit back against these guys.Good offense is a good defence ,but be careful.The Calgary game is the perfect way to play the Leafs.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Biggest game of the season to date so far

Bs better be ready to play and bring there A game no excuses after having 3 days off

Yes next to that last game against Montreal this is for sure. Leafs seem to be the biggest threat right now of Bruins not making playoffs or definetly getting that third spot.Cant have them only 1 point back.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

Conference finals 4 times in 50 years? Well, la dee freaking da! In that time, the Boston Bruins have 3 Cups and 6 Finals. Do I even need to bother with Conference finals? And to tell the truth, the Bruins were a pretty sucky team for most of the 2000's and I'll freely admit it.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Conference finals 4 times in 50 years? Well, la dee freaking da! In that time, the Boston Bruins have 3 Cups and 6 Finals. Do I even need to bother with Conference finals? And to tell the truth, the Bruins were a pretty sucky team for most of the 2000's and I'll freely admit it.

I here you.Lol Someone had posted that Leaf fans aren't as bad as Montreal fans ,I disagree I think there worse. If Montrel was playing Toronto is n playoffs I would be cheering for Montreal.I don't really have to here all about Montreal,but with the fans around where I live and the media.My god if Leafs ever won the cup I'm moving out of the Country Lol.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
For me this is the first real test of the coaching change. Under claude, I sort of expect them to come out flat and measured. Under Cassidy, will it be the same?

Time to find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad