BRUINS GDT GAME 71 - New York Rangers - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, SN 360, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1711011967740.png

1711011889895.png

1711012031694.png

1711012138975.png

1711012192874.png

Tonight's Officials

1711012434090.png
1711012404326.png

Referees Graham Skilliter (24), Steve Kozari (40)
Linespersons Steve Barton (59), James Tobias (61)

New York Rangers (45-20-4, first in the Metropolitan Division) vs. Boston Bruins (41-14-15, first in the Atlantic Division)

Boston; Thursday, 7 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE: The Boston Bruins will attempt to build upon a three-game win streak with a victory against the New York Rangers.

Boston has a 41-14-15 record overall and a 23-8-6 record in home games. The Bruins have gone 14-2-6 in games their opponents commit more penalties.

New York is 21-11-4 in road games and 45-20-4 overall. The Rangers are 36-7-3 when scoring three or more goals.

Thursday's game is the third time these teams meet this season. The Rangers won the previous meeting 2-1 in overtime.

TOP PERFORMERS: David Pastrnak has 44 goals and 55 assists for the Bruins. Morgan Geekie has scored six goals and added three assists over the past 10 games.

Chris Kreider has scored 33 goals with 31 assists for the Rangers. Artemi Panarin has five goals and 10 assists over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Bruins: 7-2-1, averaging 3.5 goals, 6.4 assists, 3.8 penalties and 8.2 penalty minutes while giving up 2.6 goals per game.

Rangers: 6-3-1, averaging 3.4 goals, 5.8 assists, 3.1 penalties and 7.9 penalty minutes while giving up 2.2 goals per game.

INJURIES: Bruins: Milan Lucic: out (personal), Pat Maroon: out (back), Derek Forbort: out (undisclosed), Matthew Poitras: out (shoulder).

Rangers: Ryan Lindgren: out (lower body), Jacob Trouba: out (lower-body), Blake Wheeler: out for season (lower-body), Filip Chytil: out for season (upper-body).

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I’m not for chasing points, but I also don’t think it particularly matters if you give Ullmark another start here.

There’s likely to be some jockeying for position over the last couple weeks among the playoff teams.

The weakest links appear to be Metro 3 and Wild Card 2, but we all know how that turned out from last year.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Will be interested to see who Monty goes with in goal. Does he rotate or give Ullmark a little run.

He’s not playing but Pat Maroon is scheduled to skate today.

Excellent interview with him, Jaffe and Razor

Thanks for sharing. I'd have only checked for it a few days later!

Reactions: rfournier103

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
be interesting to see if JVR stays on level 9.
I think we are a much better team with the other guys in there instead of him.

Reactions: Gordoff

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
You have no idea how much Maple Leafs fans remind me of pre-2004 Red Sox fans. Their rollercoaster ride on here is fascinating. I don’t know any Leafs fans in real life, but what a show it must be to live among them.

I whole heartedly disagree. Unlike Leafs fans, Sox fans never thought they'd win, ever. Nobody was planning parades in April, we weren't even planning parades in October. Until they finally won, every Sox fan I knew just sat on their hands waiting for the bottom to fall out.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I whole heartedly disagree. Unlike Leafs fans, Sox fans never thought they'd win, ever. Nobody was planning parades in April, we weren't even planning parades in October. Until they finally won, every Sox fan I knew just sat on their hands waiting for the bottom to fall out.
There were plenty of people who fit that description, but I personally knew all kinds of people who would say “this is it!!! This is the year!!!” And they really believed it, too.

I fit into your category. I never thought they’d do it. To be honest, I never thought the Patriots or Bruins would, either.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
You have no idea how much Maple Leafs fans remind me of pre-2004 Red Sox fans. Their rollercoaster ride on here is fascinating. I don’t know any Leafs fans in real life, but what a show it must be to live among them.
I live in ontario and know a lot of leafs fans. They are just so obnoxious. It be fine if they won something but they haven’t. One minute fire trade everyone then boom cup is ours lol. 😂

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
There were plenty of people who fit that description, but I personally knew all kinds of people who would say “this is it!!! This is the year!!!” And they really believed it, too.

I fit into your category. I never thought they’d do it. To be honest, I never thought the Patriots or Bruins would, either.

I don't know about you, but I find far more Leafs fans who fit the latter than the former. Maybe it's a forum thing, but I found Sox fans to be far quicker to realize the stupidity of arrogance in the face 80+ years of futility than Leafs fans in the face of 50+ years.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
This 100%. After 1986 bill buckner fiasco i thought no way they ever win.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I have to recant part of my last post.

In April of 2004, my girlfriend and I went to Baltimore to see the Red Sox and Orioles in the first series of the season. While we were there, we visited the Babe Ruth Birthplace and Museum, and I made sure to sign the guestbook before I left. In addition to my name, address, etc…, I swear I wrote these exact words directly underneath - “Boston Red Sox ~ 2004 World Series Champions.”

There were definitely times that year I did not think that was going to happen, but after they won the American League Championship Series, I had ZERO doubt they were going to wax the Cardinals.

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
Trust me, it's awful. Not only are most of them incredibly annoying, they are by far the most delusional fan base out there. No matter how awful the goaltending or how porous the defense, they do whatever it takes to rationalize how good they are in those areas. An unfortunately for me, they are the majority of hockey fans here.

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Trust me, it's awful. Not only are most of them incredibly annoying, they are by far the most delusional fan base out there. No matter how awful the goaltending or how porous the defense, they do whatever it takes to rationalize how good they are in those areas. An unfortunately for me, they are the majority of hockey fans here.
I’m sorry, man.

The silver lining must be your front row seat to view the fallout when they inevitably collapse every year.

Yeah, the Bruins have only one championship in the last 53 years, but it wasn’t that long ago.

Let’s see if the Leafs’ drought can catch the Red Sox!

8thRoundPick

Sep 19, 2007
Sudbury
I’m sorry, man.

The silver lining must be your front row seat to view the fallout when they inevitably collapse every year.

Yeah, the Bruins have only one championship in the last 53 years, but it wasn’t that long ago.

Let’s see if the Leafs’ drought can catch the Red Sox!
Oh my goodness, the feeling when Boston knocks them out of the playoffs is amazing. It's funny to see them switch to their Blue Jays jerseys so quickly! 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad