7:00 PM
FSAZ

vAL0Qta.png
|
QU9JWs0.png

News and such:

Preview:
http://coyotes.nhl.com/gamecenter/en/preview?id=2015021076

Seeking to match a season-high winning streak, the Coyotes will host the Tampa Bay Lightning on Saturday night at Gila River Arena.

Arizona (31-32-7) has won three games in a row and has outscored opponents 11-2 during that span. With 69 points and 12 games left, the Coyotes are nine points behind second-place Colorado in the Western Conference wild-card standings.

Rookie Louis Domingue will make his 33rd start in goal in place of Mike Smith, who has played the past two games. Smith will take a rest and be back in net on Sunday when the Coyotes play at San Jose.

Center Antoine Vermette will enter the game with a three-game goal-scoring streak, during which he has notched four of his 15 goals this season.

Defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson is “doubtful†to return vs. Tampa Bay, according to Tippett. He has missed the past four games because of an upper-body injury suffered on March 7 at Colorado. Meanwhile, defenseman Nicklas Grossman did not practice on Friday, and the Coyotes recalled defenseman Philip Samuelsson from the American Hockey League on an emergency basis.

Tampa Bay (40-26-5) has lost five of its past six games after stringing together nine wins in a row, and has scored just 11 goals in those six games.

Goalie Ben Bishop has started 52 games and has posted a 2.06 goals-against average. That’s tops in the NHL among goalies with at least 25 starts.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
:sarcasm:Came in here to post about the coyotes lighting game, I see I'm in the wrong thread though.

I hope we don't get slaughtered tonight, but I do want to see some tampa bay high flying offense. I haven't seen them this year, and I loved watching them in last years playoffs.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Something something win or lose, I don't even care anymore. Can we just skip straight to next season? :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Would like to end this season on a good note. Would be nice to sweep the home games.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Watching two NCAA games on BTN/CBSSN and now the Coyotes game is about to start....Too much to watch :scared:

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
I took a nap to stay awake during this one, so it best be a decent one. At least we get to see domingue. Sorry to hear that Grossmann's playing

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
No shots in six minutes... I'm sure that's because we're tightening up defensively.... Oh, we've allowed six shots... Lovely

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Pretty good work by the 4th line, keeping Tampa's top line in their own zone and drawing a penalty to boot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad