GDT: [Game #71] Dallas Stars vs. New Jersey Devils - 1:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX
I went to this game with my wife and she brought her friend to watch her first hockey game. Imagine watching what transpired today and that's your first impression of hockey being played at the highest level!

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
My new PP strategy would be to just play whatever forward line and d-pair has looked best to that point in the game since every combination they try is garbage and there's no practice time to properly fix it.

It's too bad AHL call-ups are so limited because there's a bunch of forwards Dellandrea and Damiani could replace right now without much of a dropoff, and at least the NHLers could maybe get a rest.

Rory

Jun 14, 2017
Talk about a wasted opportunity. Nashville lost and Dallas could have caught them.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
This team is rotten to the core and always has been. Leadership is a joke, plays down to their competition every time.

I went to the Seattle game and joked with my Kraken fan GF that they she had an easy win. Sure enough, one of the worst games I've ever seen Dallas play. I've seen them play on the road like 10 times, and they've won less than 3 of those games. Always playing down to easy teams they have no beef against.

Two stinkers in week down the stretch fighting for the 8th spot in the playoffs... Just unacceptable.

Reactions: mc3488 and Elysian

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I'll die on the hill (probably a slow death) that Miro's offense has been sabotaged by the perfect marriage of events: 1) the current system and 2) being switched to his weakside.
"He scored 26 pts on his weakside in the playoffs-"
Yes, 65 percent of which came against Calgary and Colorado: two teams that had the worst goaltending at the time. Heiskanen's shot quality his rookie year was so absurd, he was expected to score at least 12 goals his rookie year. That's higher than Cale Makar's mark of 8 his rookie year. Since then Miro has been good for two extra goals. 12 vs. 2. That may be a small sample size, but that's a massive dropoff. I think there's a pretty clear correlation (his defense has improved, so you could argue it's a wash but the team needs goals more than defense IMO).
I appreciate your optimism, but we've watched him play this way his entire time in the NHL. Other than a couple of hot streaks, he's just not the kind of guy who seeks goals. He's a safe player by default. It's his nature. He also defers a lot by making the safe pass.

The system excuse doesn't explain his PP approach when we see Klingberg being much more aggressive and willing to take risks.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00