Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
:caps (38-23-10) @ :wild (39-24-7)

TV: FS-N, FS-WI

Season series: Jason Pominville scored two goals and goaltender Devan Dubnyk made 25 saves as the Minnesota Wild won 2-1 against the Washington Capitals at the Verizon Center on March 5. Curtis Glencross scored a power-play goal and Braden Holtby made 30 saves for the Capitals.

Capitals team scope: Washington held a practice Wednesday before departing for Minnesota for the start of a two-game road trip. Defenseman Brooks Orpik, who has missed the past four games with a lower-body injury, was a full participant and skated next to John Carlson. Orpik, who has 16 assists and is a plus-2 in 67 games this season, is questionable. Capitals coach Barry Trotz said he will leave the decision up to Orpik whether he plays. "He's traveling with us. He's getting closer and we'll see how he is tomorrow," Trotz said. "He's a great pro and he knows if he's ready. I'm putting zero pressure on him." The Capitals expect forward Michael Latta to return to the lineup. He has been out since sustaining an upper-body injury against the Columbus Blue Jackets on March 3. Holtby has played 14 consecutive games and is the expected starter.

Wild team scope: Minnesota held an optional practice Wednesday at Xcel Energy Center following a 3-2 overtime win against the Nashville Predators on Tuesday. Defenseman Marco Scandella and forward Ryan Carter each practiced but will not play. Scandella has been out since Feb. 28 with an oblique injury and Carter has missed 18 games with an upper-body injury. Carter could return Saturday against the St. Louis Blues. Dubnyk will start his 30th consecutive game. He ranks second in the NHL in goals-against average (2.08) and save percentage (.929), fourth in shutouts (six)

:caps possible lineup
rq7eXW1.jpg

:wild possible lineup
mJMcMaN.jpg

8tNgUWC.jpg

H9GpjHQ.jpg

Ky6nxMo.jpg

team_of_18_000_by_autumnsteinmetz-d2xvxok.jpg

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
It really is annoying that our point total would be good enough for 2nd and home ice in the pacific but we're stuck in a wildcard spot because the Central division is murderland.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
St. Cloud Native Nate Schmidt playing on their first pairing? Weird.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
St. Cloud Native Nate Schmidt playing on their first pairing? Weird.

He won't be. That'S where orpik usually plays. If for some reason he doesn't (reports are that orpik will play) every ld moves up a spot and Schmidt plays 3d

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
PUMPED. Going to this one tonight, so after this, I just see NYR this season and I only have to see the Leafs live and I've seen every NHL squad play at least once.

7-3-0 this year, my friend who is coming with me is 1-0 all time, so hopefully his luck brings the W.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Gotta stay out of the penalty box tonight. Can't let Ovechkin tee-up from the slot.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Actually guys Schmidt (st cloud st and Minnesota guy) is most likely in lineup now. Except he's taking Gleason spot. Orpik is playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad