Pre-Game Talk: GAME 71 - 3/23 7:08 PM - Bienvenue Poutineville - NESN, NESN 4K, RDS, TSN2, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 690 AM CKGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
My biggest interaction with Canadiens fans was outside the Garden prior to the game 6 in 2008.

The game is unforgettable and was one of the greatest times of my life. But I also remember how much fun I had with the Habs fans outside the rink prior to the game. I had this silly ass jersey that said “Habs Smell” (they wouldn’t let me customize it to anything more vulgar, like the word “suck” online) and multiple Habs fans asked to take a picture with me with the name plate of the jersey showing. I also drove down from Vermont (was going to school up there at the time) and passed multiple Canadiens fans along the way on I-89 headed south. Had multiple lighthearted interactions at 75 mph.

I hate the logo on the front of the jersey and I love crapping on the whiny Bell Center crowd. But I’ve never had a truly bad interaction with a Habs fan.

I went to that game too. My experience was different. A dad was taking a picture of his two kids, both around 6 or 7, in front of the Bobby Orr statue. Two jackwagons in head to toe blanc rouge et blech, wearing Canuckian flags for capes, came rushing through and the kids got knocked over like bowling pins. They didn't even stop to see if they were OK.

And don't ask me about the line brawl/goalie fight game in 2011, where the toilet seat fans in my section were booing the America serviceman getting the 8-spoke salute. It was my niece's first ever hcokey game, and the only thing I could say when she asked why they were booing is "They're Habs fans, and Habs fans are idiots."

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
My thoughts for tonight:

1. Get a few PP goals. Movement and entry has been better last few games, now we need to see it score some

2. No injuries, no walking boots…….no ‘he was shaken up and will miss a few games’……not even a bandaid on a paper cut. Nadda!!!!!

3. Let’s see Bert get one

4. Final thought: I will go out on a limb and say Pasta hits the 50 mark tonight

Lets go Bruins!!!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
That's good.

Went to few games with my buddy (Jacques). He spoke French so I felt more at ease with him.
I took French in high school a hundred years ago. I still understand most of the road signs but don't attempt to speak.

My daughter speaks better than I do as she took it for a number of years and spent a semester at the University of Paris (had to write papers in French) when she was at Wesleyan. I do know Parisian French is a bit different than Quebec French.

Montreal has many folks who speak English so we will be fine.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
My thoughts for tonight:

1. Get a few PP goals. Movement and entry has been better last few games, now we need to see it score some

2. No injuries, no walking boots…….no ‘he was shaken up and will miss a few games’……not even a bandaid on a paper cut. Nadda!!!!!

3. Let’s see Bert get one

4. Final thought: I will go out on a limb and say Pasta hits the 50 mark tonight

Lets go Bruins!!!
They have been experimenting with the pp the last three games, trying to get someone other than Pasta shots. They have moved the bumper player down a bit and even moved Pasta to the opposite side. I guess they are trying for overload plays to get shots down low.
Pasta usually is given some open ice by the Habs and takes great advantage of it. I too think we see number 50 tonight.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I had my front tooth knocked out a few weeks back, when I went in for the x-rays, he's like "Oh, yeah... that back wisdom tooth is impacted" so he ended up taking it out a few days later. My other one was completely exposed, but straight, so it wasn't of a concern until I broke it at the cabin on a f***ing pretzel. So now it's cracked and he's taking that one out.

It's been a gongshow last month. Hahahaha.

I have never once had an issue until the last month or so. Just crazy that it's all at once.

Wow!

Well, good luck! Hopefully this one ends up being just like the last one.

Reactions: lopey

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My biggest interaction with Canadiens fans was outside the Garden prior to the game 6 in 2008.

The game is unforgettable and was one of the greatest times of my life. But I also remember how much fun I had with the Habs fans outside the rink prior to the game. I had this silly ass jersey that said “Habs Smell” (they wouldn’t let me customize it to anything more vulgar, like the word “suck” online) and multiple Habs fans asked to take a picture with me with the name plate of the jersey showing. I also drove down from Vermont (was going to school up there at the time) and passed multiple Canadiens fans along the way on I-89 headed south. Had multiple lighthearted interactions at 75 mph.

I hate the logo on the front of the jersey and I love crapping on the whiny Bell Center crowd. But I’ve never had a truly bad interaction with a Habs fan.
When I first got my ST there would be many Hab fans at the Garden. They would come in a bus load and drink all of the way to Boston. They would be looking for trouble and there were many Bs fans willing to join the trouble.

The Hab fans who have sat near us are usually good and fun to talk to.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I took French in high school a hundred years ago. I still understand most of the road signs but don't attempt to speak.

My daughter speaks better than I do as she took it for a number of years and spent a semester at the University of Paris (had to write papers in French) when she was at Wesleyan. I do know Parisian French is a bit different than Quebec French.

Montreal has many folks who speak English so we will be fine.

Cool!

Been to the rink at Wesleyan many times when my son was still playing hockey in high school.

See any celebrates there?

Reactions: hrdpuk

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
When I first got my ST there would be many Hab fans at the Garden. They would come in a bus load and drink all of the way to Boston. They would be looking for trouble and there were many Bs fans willing to join the trouble.

The Hab fans who have sat near us are usually good and fun to talk

Thank God the days where busloads of drunken Habs fans invade the Garden are long gone.

Reactions: Ladyfan

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
2014 hasnt set right with me..still. Having lived in Quebec during that period and having friends and Fam up there, gloat about their series victory and how its no longer a rivalry against us..pfft. Tonight, Just Win Baby and send em packing back to Mont Royal...
I was at that Game 7. My cousin had an extra ticket and invited me.

I went.

I was so upset after the game I left my seat without saying goodbye and went straight to the train and went home.

He called me later that night to see if I was ok because I just disappeared after the game without saying anything to anyone. I didn’t even realize I did that until he told me.

The worst game I’ve ever watched in person.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
I was at that Game 7. My cousin had an extra ticket and invited me.

I went.

I was so upset after the game I left my seat without saying goodbye and went straight to the train and went home.

He called me later that night to see if I was ok because I just disappeared after the game without saying anything to anyone. I didn’t even realize I did that until he told me.

The worst game I’ve ever watched in person.
I can relate man! We've witnessed some stinkers over the years, but that one stung mightily!! So many goalposts that series. Had an arguably better team than 2013 and to go out like that? I, just as you did, disappeared w/o a trace..lol

Reactions: rfournier103
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad