Pre-Game Talk: GAME 71 - 3/23 7:08 PM - Bienvenue Poutineville - NESN, NESN 4K, RDS, TSN2, 98.5 WBZ-FM, 690 AM CKGM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I will never understand why they don't change that toilet seat logo.
1679600023790.png

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
unbelievable this is only the 2nd game with the season pretty much over. Shame on the NHL for ruining a lot of this rivalry

Agreed. With the schedule of having every team in your building at least once, it's ruined the rivalries across the league in my opinion . Sure back in the early 2000s when we played them 8 or 9 times a season may have been a bit extreme but 3 times a year is not enough either.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Anyone feeling sorry for the Habs need to stop. If we were in their position they'd be taking the piss on us too. Kicking us when we're down. That's the beauty of it. They hate us. We hate them. And the world spins madly on!

Wish Lauko was in the game, but I guess they want to go heavy tonight. I think he's played himself a spot and deserves more minutes but alas.

Last edited:

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
Images of pro hockey players goofily dressed, skating in slow circles always gives me false hope.

Like I can do everything that DK is doing in that video to a T. I must just need a little more practice before I get my NHL offer.
Might look funny, but I don't like the look of this, he's doing a check of "how does X feel", lower body tweak.

Also, don't take the first offer, hold out till they throw in free popcorn.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
Every time we play Montreal I like to bring up Cam Neely. Just to remind everyone what it was like before he came to Boston.

In 1943 the Bruins beat the Habs in the semi-finals, (we then lost the Finals to Detroit).

Over the next forty-five years, we faced Montreal eighteen times in the playoffs (six times in the Finals), and we lost every time.

Orr, Espo, & Co. faced off against the Habs three times, and lost all three series, including one of the biggest upsets in playoff history in '71.

In the early 80s, Bourque, Middleton, Pedersen & Co. lost to Montreal year after year after year.

Then we traded Pedersen for a 21 year old Cam Neely, and things started to change. That year we lost yet again to the Habs in four straight games, but Neely had five goals in the series.

The next season the 45 year long drought was finally ended, Neely was a beast, and our MVP.

A true Hab-Killer. The first the Bruins had ever had. (Patrick Roy would say at the conclusion of his career that there was no player he feared facing more than Neely).

Neely would play in four more series against the Canadiens after that, going 3 - 1. He ended up 4 - 2 overall in series' against Montreal, scoring 20 goals in 26 playoff games against them.

If you believe in curses, Neely was the driving force that broke it. If you just believe some players are clutch Neely is 5th all time in goals per playoff game.

If you saw it all with your own eyes, you didn't even need to read all this, you already knew.

Go Bs!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad