HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1710803191739.png

1710803219566.png

1710803301697.png

1710803375703.png

Ottawa Senators (28-34-4, eighth in the Atlantic Division) vs. Boston Bruins (40-14-15, first in the Atlantic Division)

Boston; Tuesday, 7 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE: The Boston Bruins host the Ottawa Senators after Charlie Coyle scored two goals in the Bruins' 6-5 win against the Philadelphia Flyers.

Boston has a 40-14-15 record overall and a 15-3-3 record in Atlantic Division play. The Bruins serve 9.7 penalty minutes per game to rank ninth in the league.

Ottawa has a 28-34-4 record overall and an 11-6-2 record in Atlantic Division play. The Senators have gone 7-8-4 in games decided by a goal.

The teams match up Tuesday for the second time this season. The Bruins won 3-2 in overtime in the last matchup. Coyle led the Bruins with two goals.

TOP PERFORMERS: David Pastrnak has 41 goals and 55 assists for the Bruins. Morgan Geekie has six goals and one assist over the past 10 games.

Tim Stutzle has scored 17 goals with 47 assists for the Senators. Shane Pinto has one goal and five assists over the last 10 games.

LAST 10 GAMES: Bruins: 6-2-2, averaging 3.2 goals, six assists, 3.8 penalties and 8.2 penalty minutes while giving up 2.7 goals per game.

Senators: 3-6-1, averaging 2.1 goals, 4.2 assists, 3.6 penalties and eight penalty minutes while giving up 3.2 goals per game.

INJURIES: Bruins: Milan Lucic: out (personal), Pat Maroon: out (back), Derek Forbort: out (undisclosed), Matthew Poitras: out (shoulder).

Senators: Josh Norris: out for season (upper body), Rourke Chartier: out (upper body), Travis Hamonic: out (undisclosed), Matthew Highmore: out (upper-body), Zack MacEwen: out (lower body).

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Between who they traded and the Norris injury, they aren't as deep anymore.

Pinto is the #1C. What a weird year for him!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wonder who Giroux will slash now that Bergy is retired. I am sad there are only 13 games left in the regular season, the playoffs are exciting but it means hockey is over soon too. Win the Cup and I will manage the wait until October. 😉
We only have 5 more home games (in the regular season)

Reactions: caz16

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Yup you get a dud who barely scraped into the playoffs. I wouldn't want the Bolts, they just knocked off the Panthers and Rangers, and wrecked the Flyers before that. I'll take my chances with Detroit, NYI or Washington

Not too far fetched if Washington or NYI go on a run they knock Philly into a wild card spot too. I'd feel good about facing Flyers round 1 too

Reactions: bruins19

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
First seed is looking very valuable! This is worth the fight
idk, we've lost to islanders and Washington and Tampa. We beat Toronto consistently.

We have trouble with Tchachuks. This will not be the easy game that maybe it should be unless the rest of that roster has packed it in for the summer.

Reactions: Gordoff

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Yup you get a dud who barely scraped into the playoffs. I wouldn't want the Bolts, they just knocked off the Panthers and Rangers, and wrecked the Flyers before that. I'll take my chances with Detroit, NYI or Washington

This is logical

But I do relish the idea of revenge on the bolts, and a small feather in Monty’s cap as he would have beaten the team Cassidy lost to in 5 games BOTH times with superior teams, and sure, the bolts were better then too but they are still a solid group overall, certainly no worse on paper than this current bruins squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad