GDT: Game 70: 3/17 Luck of the Irish Bruins @Tampa Bay Lightning 7pm ET NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
I've been looking forward to this game with our A team but it would be sweet to hammer them with our B team
Ya me too ! I still see the Lighning as loaded and a cut above most in the east but damn I was looking forward to a Clash of the Titans game for the division title . Just ... stay ... healthy !

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Crew meal fitting for the day :thumbu:

29314335_10214679200946388_7473144293612322816_n.jpg

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Not overly concerned if the Bruins lose this one with all the injuries . Just curious to see Tampa play , I don’t think I have seen them play since they played the Bruins last .

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I just slept for 6 hours and feel remarkably better.

Nice to see Nash go back to the 3rd line and Backes get a shot up with Marchand and Pasta.

The same refs will be gunning for the Bruins since they got embarrassed by the league rescinding the match penalty.

Lets go Bruins!!!

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Crew meal fitting for the day :thumbu:

29314335_10214679200946388_7473144293612322816_n.jpg

Every friggin' St. Patrick's day when I was little, my mom would make corned beef and cabbage. It would stink up the entire house. I got her the meat for their meal a few days ago when I was at the grocery store. I know it's cured, but I still don't trust beef that has an expiration date 2 months out.

Heading to college hockey, so I'll have this game to watch at home. Hopefully they don't spoil it at the Garden...

Reactions: Alicat

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
David Backes expected to get prime slot tonight

I actually came in, was looking for my number (on the board), didn't see it and thought I was scratched,to tell you the truth. Then I wondered up to that first line for some reason and saw 42 up there,” said Backes. “It's energizing, knowing you're going to be playing a lot of minutes, seeing their top pair defensemen, their top line. We're going to have a big challenge, but like we've done all year, we're going to hit it head on, embrace that challenge. We've got good players on this team, too. I'm playing with two really good ones. Our top six, top nine is formidable. We need to act like that and go out there and play our game.”

Cassidy said it would be an easy switch to go back with Riley Nash, who'd done a good since Patrice Bergeron went out of the lineup with a broken foot, if it doesn't work out. But he wanted to take a look at the different combo.

“Backs is fresh right now. Riley's played a lot of hockey. And maybe it'll get Backs a little motivated, give him some time. He'll probably see the top line, so we'll see how he responds to that. It's just a small tweak maybe, but it may get David a few more offensive looks as well,” said Cassidy.

Reactions: Alicat and sooshii

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I am afraid some playing are also injured.

What a year. It is amazing that the B's are doing as well as they are.

Hopefully we have some luck with that. Starting the season with all those injuries, and now it feels like we are living it again. Stay ahead of Toronto we should be estatic. Getting caught up with Tampa would be incredible. Would be great if Rask stole this one.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Conroy: Bruins need to ‘find that blue collar kind of a game’

A victory against the likes of Steve Stamkos, Nikita Kucherov and Victor Hedman would seem like a steep task for the B’s with Zdeno Chara, Patrice Bergeron, Charlie McAvoy and Jake DeBrusk out of the lineup, but not out of the question. Still. it will take a fair amount of grit.

“We’re in a blue collar, back to a workmanlike mentality, kind of the way we were earlier in the year when we had significant players out in numbers” said David Backes. “The rest of the guys have to find their work boots, their lunch pals and hard hats, go out there and be hard to play against, probably look for a 2-1 game rather than a 6-5 game and let the chips fall where they lay. As the high end skill guys filter back in, if we find that blue collar kind of a game, that’s when we were at our best, getting points every game, because we had that infused with skill and it’s a tough combination to play against.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad