Pre-Game Talk: Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Another correct button press by Knob starting line 3 in GM6. Mcleod wins opening faceoff against Miller. We get the puck deep, Mcleod creates chaos with his speed, sneaks up on Silovs and steals the puck and throws it into the slot. Mcleod then tracks down JT Miller at center ice and tags Miller with a solid check. Foegele hits Boeser. Then Vinny hits Boeser. Could have caused his blood clot right there.

Line 3 set a high work rate and high physicality tone right off the bat for the team and win their matchup with Millers line.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Perry's too slow and not helping at all. 10 games and he's a -3, 6 PIM, with a whopping 11 hits......
Carrick is at least throwing hits, 16 in 4 games, no penalties and is just faster, drew a big penalty last game. Perry's just not getting anything done, and his age is really showing.
He needs a rest. Overplayed those old bones. Carrick brings a good dimension.

The Oilers need to leave it all on the table this game. Skate and fight hard and then skate and fight some more each and every shift.

They can play a low-energy defensive Game 1 in Dallas if/when they make it.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
But theres never enough sample of game 7's by any one team to ever really know how any team responds under the adversity of them. While age old thought would posit that experience is a deciding factor in such games I don't know that theres ever been evidenced based substantiation of the same.

Another train of thought is that best players decide game 7's. This would be something I believe in but I don't know if accurate.

What we know is that after the first period we will have some idea, after the 2nd period we will have somewhat more and after the final whistle we will know unless......I don't even want to mention and will avoid using the word..

In short no predictions for game 7's. If I was a betting man of course I pick the Oilers. As an Oilers fan I pick the Oilers. But as stated theres a reason you play the game.

it really does seem though that the NHL planned all along for this series to take up the 7th game Monday slot with no other games on the menu. I do wonder a lot about scripting of such in pro sports. Theres too much money in gate and revenue and advertising not to do it.

just thinking out loud
It’s a dice roll for certain.

A .900 goalie can turn into red light Racicot, a 50 goal scorer can turn into stone hands, a coach can have an off night and miss emotional and systemic factors in-game and opportunities to correct or exploit. We’ve also seen John Druce, Fernando Pisano, Ken Dryden, Paul Henderson, Mike Rupp all catch lightning in a bottle (ok, Dryden caught more than temporary lightning, but play along with me, I wanted a goalie in the list).

Really when it comes down to it, live in the moment, just embrace the excitement of the possibility that your team will live to play another series on the way to a Cup possibly.

Edit - win or lose, there are 27 other teams and fanbases that would love to be involved in tonight’s game. They aren’t. We are!

Last edited:

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Demko in net would be a gift. The Oilers would load his underpants with bouch-bombs.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
It’s a dice roll for certain.

A .900 goalie can turn into red light Racicot, a 50 goal scorer can turn into stone hands, a coach can have an off night and miss emotional and systemic factors in-game and opportunities to correct or exploit. We’ve also seen John Druce, Fernando Pisano, Ken Dryden, Paul Henderson, Mike Rupp all catch lightning in a bottle (ok, Dryden caught more than temporary lightning, but play along with me, I wanted a goalie in the list).

Really when it comes down to it, live in the moment, just embrace the excitement of the possibility that your team will live to play another series on the way to a Cup possibly.

Edit - win or lose, there are 27 other teams and fanbases that would love to be involved in tonight’s game. They aren’t. We are!

Honestly tonight's a coin flip. I'm just happy we made it this far after almost being eliminated back in November.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
I’d stay away from sports media today as there will be a whole lot of doomsaying about the window closing and the McDavid era coming to an end if they lose this game. I don’t subscribe to the Athletic but I can guarantee Nugent-Bowman will be setting up a potential loss tonight as a disaster comparable to Fukushima.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I will watch this game and I will hate it.

Not because I'm saying that we will for sure lose, but because it is going to be the most stress I've ever experienced watching a hockey game. It's a best of 1 now against a hated rival.
This is not quite as stressful as game 7 vs Philly for me but I understand where you are coming from. It could be an absolutely crucial moment in the McDavid/Draisaitl era.

Reactions: brentashton

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Oilers have the experience and the better roster going into this game imo. The question mark remains Stuart Skinner. I could see him crumbling in a game 7 situation.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
giphy.gif

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
We were on our 3rd goalie and Fernando couldn’t get it up. Oh ya Cam Ward making a career off the series.

We got royaly screwed against Anaheim. Worst I have ever seen even considering the magical Makar offside.

We win this and move on for sure. I mean we are playing Dallas next round. Talk about excercing daemons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad