Pre-Game Talk: Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I’m hoping the coach is more proactive. The signs are usually there.
Edit: I would expect the same if Pickard started. Coaching is about anticipation and reading the game, as much as a test of patience.q
I get what you’re saying and I wish for the same, but today’s coaches are not like 1980s Mike Keenan who wouldn’t hesitate. They tend to stick with their players, thinking they will right the ship when things go sideways . When they realize it isn’t happening, it’s too late.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
After playing their best game of the season the Oilers will need to bottle that same game and same lineup and bring it to Vancouver tomorrow night.

Demko is reportedly not playing but I’ll believe it when I see it. Šilovs might be šilolved. The PP needs to get going and it’ll be nice to hear the Vancouver faithful chanting “Let’s Go PP” to give them a boost. Very kind of them.

McDavid, Leon and Co. have the stage set. Now the just need to perform.

Winner flies to Dallas. Loser breaks out the clubs.

LETS GO!!!
I don’t doubt Mcdavid and drai will bring it. But it means nothing if skinner can’t make a save or make the key saves when it matters. It all falls on him more than anything.

Reactions: Arty Spooners Bsmnt

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
After the Bouchard winner and Kane last goal shoot on this goalie up high. He's an AHL goalie for a reason.

We out hit the Canucks in game 6. Hit them and hit them hard leave it all out there.

Burn the boats. McDavid and Drai need to dominate this game. I'm not saying pair them up but 40 minutes facing the two best forwards in the world is a huge benefit for us.

Shoot on the pp. It's gone cold because canucks are not respecting the shot option. Shoot on the first pp so they panic.

Same lineup. Let's not kid ourselves. Ceci isn't coming out and only change I can see is quickly going to Pickard if skinner let's in 2 goals first period in under 8 shots.

I don’t doubt Mcdavid and drai will bring it. But it means nothing if skinner can’t make a save or make the key saves when it matters. It all falls on him more than anything.
The "East German" media here is treating it like he won them the game or something. Yes he did his job when he had to. But we might as well be praising Brett kulak for his standard tidy error free game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
After the Bouchard winner and Kane last goal shoot on this goalie up high. He's an AHL goalie for a reason.

We out hit the Canucks in game 6. Hit them and hit them hard leave it all out there.

Burn the boats. McDavid and Drai need to dominate this game. I'm not saying pair them up but 40 minutes facing the two best forwards in the world is a huge benefit for us.

Shoot on the pp. It's gone cold because canucks are not respecting the shot option. Shoot on the first pp so they panic.

Same lineup. Let's not kid ourselves. Ceci isn't coming out and only change I can see is quickly going to Pickard if skinner let's in 2 goals first period in under 8 shots.

The "East German" media here is treating it like he won them the game or something. Yes he did his job when he had to. But we might as well be praising Brett kulak for his standard tidy error free game.
Seems finally that the Oilers are getting some bounces. The Hyman goal, that sort of thing just wasn't happening. Or Booch seeing eye puck or Kane seeing eye puck. Earlier in series Silovs was making serial saves where he didn't even see the puck. It just hitting him.

But hockey can be really strange like that. Nucks have had a lot of puck fortune throughout season and playoffs. Seems to be drying up and their goalie is tired.

people haven't commented but Nucks are in the uncomfortable position of having played one goalie for so long, and now he's exhausted and they are kind of stuck because nobody else is game sharp. Do they change it up? That would be a big balls decision.

Thing is goaltending probably square off now. Nucks no longer getting that advantage. Oilers skill should be able to take this. We have several players going. With Nucks its only been Boeser and Miller really.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Right back at you. Factoring in both teams history to in these situation to see who it favours. What a crazy concept.
OMG. Did you lose a fight to the Missus today and are looking to stir shit up on here? Just pointing out a scenario the Oilers have had in the recent and not so distant past, and not saying they'll win or lose tomorrow, but just stuff that has happened in these situations before.

Okay, we'll play your little game and factor in the Canucks. How many game 7's have the Canucks won after being blown out in game 6?

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Huge game last night, dominated them in every way. Cant help but get a little 2016 Anaheim PTSD. This team is different and more mature though...right?
This is how I saw it, it seemed like a carbon copy of game from 2017.

And it's not like they have shown they don't play passive. Look at game 1 and game 5. After the lead they just sat back and tried to hold the lead.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Huge game last night, dominated them in every way. Cant help but get a little 2016 Anaheim PTSD. This team is different and more mature though...right?
Agreed. And to the bolded, am attempting to make that point in my own little post, but someone is upset with it for some reason.:laugh:

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
OMG. Did you lose a fight to the Missus today and are looking to stir shit up on here? Just pointing out a scenario the Oilers have had in the recent and not so distant past, and not saying they'll win or lose tomorrow, but just stuff that has happened in these situations before.

Okay, we'll play your little game and factor in the Canucks. How many game 7's have the Canucks won after being blown out in game 6?
I’m not looking to stir shit up. Or at least I'm not meaning to. I did have to get dental floss out of my dogs ass though.

Sorry I get what you are saying. You have a point that there have been some eerily similar situations in the past that didn’t turn out great. I’m just saying in general the Canucks have failed in big pressure scenarios more than the Oilers.

So I guess you are correct in a way I’ll back down. I watched the game with about 6 Canuck fans last night. I think I’m still in defence mode.

Last edited:
Reactions: brentashton

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Gonna go back to Holloway goal last night. Spectacular goal and a star type goal as well. One of the nicest plays in the series and Holloway has 3 goals. Yet the Nucks fans don't even know who he is. No less than a dozen posters in their GDT referred to him as "that guy" who went through the whole Nucks team. Others, at least a couple described him as a "bum"

The Nucks have only 4 forwards who have 3 or more goals in playoffs.

Holloway has scored the same amount as JT miller who is constantly on PP, has scored more than Garland who they figure is some elite player, and several Canucks haven't scored a goal in playoffs.

its interesting that two of the Nucks top scorers in playoffs are the two they got from Calgary, LIndholm, and Zadorov.

Several of us were saying during season that the Nucks scoring was strange at best. That they have few guys that you can even expect to score in playoffs. its held true to this point.

Pettersson has 1 goal in 12 games. A disgrace for a go to first PP unit always player.

DiGuiseppe 1 goal

Hog 1 goal

Several Nucks that were somehow magically scoring in regular season have none now.

Blueger, Lafferty, Podkolzin, Aman, Mikheyev, Zero goals in playoffs. Multiple of these were the guys that were somehow shooting over 20% for most of the season in regular season. It was a mirage.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Every stat in this series so far gets thrown out now. None of them matter. All it comes down to is the team that makes the fewest mistakes and/or gets the fortunate bounce, will be the winner.
Same with what happened in a game 7 eight years ago or eighteen years ago, none of it matters. ;)

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilers333

Jul 8, 2022
No team has won back to back games. However all the games up till last night were 1 goal games and we broke that pattern. Heres to breaking another Monday night.

Probably the biggest game of most Oilers players to this point in their careers. IMO the Stars are not as good as last years Knights or the prior years Avalanche.

The path to the final is clear as day if we can just get past this stubborn ass whale team.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Gonna go back to Holloway goal last night. Spectacular goal and a star type goal as well. One of the nicest plays in the series and Holloway has 3 goals. Yet the Nucks fans don't even know who he is. No less than a dozen posters in their GDT referred to him as "that guy" who went through the whole Nucks team. Others, at least a couple described him as a "bum"

The Nucks have only 4 forwards who have 3 or more goals in playoffs.

Holloway has scored the same amount as JT miller who is constantly on PP, has scored more than Garland who they figure is some elite player, and several Canucks haven't scored a goal in playoffs.

its interesting that two of the Nucks top scorers in playoffs are the two they got from Calgary, LIndholm, and Zadorov.

Several of us were saying during season that the Nucks scoring was strange at best. That they have few guys that you can even expect to score in playoffs. its held true to this point.

Pettersson has 1 goal in 12 games. A disgrace for a go to first PP unit always player.

DiGuiseppe 1 goal

Hog 1 goal

Several Nucks that were somehow magically scoring in regular season have none now.

Blueger, Lafferty, Podkolzin, Aman, Mikheyev, Zero goals in playoffs. Multiple of these were the guys that were somehow shooting over 20% for most of the season in regular season. It was a mirage.
Best part of that goal. He absolutely dusted EP40’s back check, then he danced Hughes like no business.

That’s Holloway embarassing the Nucks “superstars” in fell swipe. A “selke” candidate and the likely Norris winner. Should do wonders for his confidence.

Also, him doing it off a Draisaitl pass hopefully shows Drai that there’s young talent coming to this Oilers squad that he should stick around for. Bouch being the main attractor on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad