Pre-Game Talk: Game 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
After playing their best game of the season the Oilers will need to bottle that same game and same lineup and bring it to Vancouver tomorrow night.

Demko is reportedly not playing but I’ll believe it when I see it. Šilovs might be šilolved. The PP needs to get going and it’ll be nice to hear the Vancouver faithful chanting “Let’s Go PP” to give them a boost. Very kind of them.

McDavid, Leon and Co. have the stage set. Now they just need to perform.

Winner flies to Dallas. Loser breaks out the clubs.

LETS GO!!!

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
No one has been able to win back to back games yet this series, here’s hoping that changes tomorrow. Two good teams going at it, just hope the refs and the league don’t screw us over. Expect it to be Hudson’s Bay rules, which should favour the Canucks. But I have full belief that our boys will pull it off.

Jay Harris

Feb 24, 2020
Tomorrows game is a big moment for the team but also one of those defining moments for individual players like #97 and #29 ... But also for #18, #93, #25, #74 and #91.
These moments are the ones we dreamt about growing up playing the game even if it was just a road hockey game.
Without a doubt, that is not lost in the players.
Leaders in other sports will themselves to the front line a lead others there and even drag them into the fight if need be ... Players Michael Jordan for example ... Let's win together or get the hell out of my way.
I really hope the team leaders have that mindset and lay it all on the line from start to finish.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is the kind of factoid that you're not seeing because the media does not do their homework at all but as soon as I post this you'll see one of the local scribes come out with it tomorrow or in a week.

Draisaitl behind only Mario Lemieux in playoff G/G. He was tied or ahead of Bossy before last night. If he scores game 7 will be back up there.

Not even Wayne Gretzky scored this playoff rate G/G.

Drai basically scores a goal in 2/3 playoff games on average. Nobody currently playing is even close to that.

I left out Newsy Lalonde, not modern era.

Pretty impressive. Nothing gets stated about it.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Historically, this type of situation doesn't favour the Oilers. I remember a few times in a game 6 where we played well and blew out the opposition in a do or die game, and then lost game 7 in their rink. Carolina,San Jose, Anaheim, are a few examples. Really, yesterday's result was obviously needed, but without winning tomorrow night, it really means absolutely nothing. You'd have to think the Canucks are going to pour it on from the opening whistle and we will need to withstand the onslaught. They basically had their "rest" last game, and it's going to be tough. Skinner will need to make every save he has too and then a few more. Nurse has keep his head out of his ass and make the simple plays and FOCUS all the time. McDavid and Drai need to pull out all the stops and play some defence as well. No mind cramps from Bouch. No overly aggressive penalties for Kane. Foegele and McLeod to actually Do Something rather than skate around real fast. And win the fair share of faceoffs!

Crazy that the playoffs go deep into June now. Our summer's are so short here in Edmonton that I usually don't waste my time watching playoff hockey once the Oilers are eliminated.
Nice to see Charles Nelson Reilly in his day job, bringing the cup in along with Zeigler.:D

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
1651729164096.jpg

Reactions: Oilhawks

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Ok. That’s very coincidental (and neat).

Historically, this type of situation doesn't favour the Oilers. I remember a few times in a game 6 where we played well and blew out the opposition in a do or die game, and then lost game 7 in their rink. Carolina,San Jose, Anaheim, are a few examples. Really, yesterday's result was obviously needed, but without winning tomorrow night, it really means absolutely nothing. You'd have to think the Canucks are going to pour it on from the opening whistle and we will need to withstand the onslaught. They basically had their "rest" last game, and it's going to be tough. Skinner will need to make every save he has too and then a few more. Nurse has keep his head out of his ass and make the simple plays and FOCUS all the time. McDavid and Drai need to pull out all the stops and play some defence as well. No mind cramps from Bouch. No overly aggressive penalties for Kane. Foegele and McLeod to actually Do Something rather than skate around real fast. And win the fair share of faceoffs!

Nice to see Charles Nelson Reilly in his day job, bringing the cup in along with Zeigler.:D
I figured you for a fan of Hollywood Squares! :)

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Expecting Skinner to start; however, it should be on a short leash. If he’s stumbling and not getting position on shots, tends to be goals against. This team has put too much into this season…paid a high price….to let an obvious problem kill their chances.
Coach: It’s possible to be “loyal” without being ignorant. You know that.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
If he has to be pulled, you’ve probably already lost the game.
I’m hoping the coach is more proactive. The signs are usually there.
Edit: I would expect the same if Pickard started. Coaching is about anticipation and reading the game, as much as a test of patience.q

Reactions: rboomercat90

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018

Because the Canucks have historically been so clutch hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad