GDT: Game # 7 | Wings @ Flames | 9:00 PM | FS-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah you have clearly been right about Blashill all along so you would probably know better than I.

I have been in the room by invitation of the Bowman family a number of times though so you are wrong on that one.

No one is right or wrong yet, it's been 6 games. All I have really even ever argued is you (and others) give him a chance, anyways, to no avail at all.

You've been in there a few times (yeah, sure), and Blashill is in there every day along with 1 on 1 player meetings.

So my money is still on Blashill knowing the team way better than you, or any of us.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Yeah you have clearly been right about Blashill all along so you would probably know better than I.

I have been in the room by invitation of the Bowman family a number of times though so you are wrong on that one.

And you were totes right about the Wings finishing top of the division last season. At least with Blashill it's unclear as of now, seeing as how it's only been 6 games.

By the way, I am literally Scotty Bowman and I say you're wrong about everything.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
11. Michigan secedes from the US due to mistreatment of Detroit
12. Ohio attacks MI to gain favor with US government
13. In-fighting makes other countries nervous about US's stability
14. Production of nukes increases everywhere
15. Paranoia triggers nuclear holocaust

16. Ants take over the world
17. I for one welcome our new insect overlords
18. Go Wings?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Also I don't understand this nonsense. The Wings have *consistently* take games off against bad opponents for years under Babcock. How many times did we drop games against teams like Florida and Columbus? How many times did we have losing streaks? But when it happened under Babcock it wasn't because he was a bad coach?

Actually what I mean is I do understand this nonsense but it's nonsense.

P.S. I am Kenny Holland.

Actual Thought*

No one is right or wrong yet, it's been 6 games. All I have really even ever argued is you (and others) give him a chance, anyways, to no avail at all.

You've been in there once (yeah, sure), and Blashill is in there every day along with 1 on 1 player meetings.

So my money is still on Blashill knowing the team way better than you.

I believe I wrote "a number of times". Probably 20 or so during 97 and 98. These visits in no way make me qualified to coach the team or any team. I would never even imply such a ridiculous notion.

Blashill wouldn't be the first coach to lose a team so I don't get why you don't see the possibility. These guys have been here many years. You don't gain their admiration by coming in a and changing everything they love about the place they work along with everything that has brought them great success. It is why players demand trades and coaches get fired. You just haven't seen it here because we have had great coaches.
Losing breeds contempt. If his decisions work out he can have a long and great career here. If they don't he will be gone in 2 seasons because the players won't believe in him.

Avery Rule

Jun 1, 2010
I'm Donald Trump.

I'm Batman

8263228273_2a43de449a.jpg

GREASYGRINDERDETROIT

May 22, 2014
11. Michigan secedes from the US due to mistreatment of Detroit
12. Ohio attacks MI to gain favor with US government
13. In-fighting makes other countries nervous about US's stability
14. Production of nukes increases everywhere
15. Paranoia triggers nuclear holocaust
16. Aliens

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I believe I wrote "a number of times". Probably 20 or so during 97 and 98. These visits in no way make me qualified to coach the team or any team. I would never even imply such a ridiculous notion.

Blashill wouldn't be the first coach to lose a team so I don't get why you don't see the possibility. These guys have been here many years. You don't gain their admiration by coming in a and changing everything they love about the place they work along with everything that has brought them great success. It is why players demand trades and coaches get fired. You just haven't seen it here because we have had great coaches.
Losing breeds contempt. If his decisions work out he can have a long and great career here. If they don't he will be gone in 2 seasons because the players won't believe in him.

And? Yeah, there is a possibility that Blashill doesn't work out. There is also a possibility that a meteor will strike me on my way to work in the morning.

You're not giving him a chance. You are definitively saying "Blashill WILL lose the room", not that there is a chance, but that it is certain to happen.

Also... Everyone and their mother has been clamoring for Ericsson off Kronwall's pairing and Blashill does it and all of a sudden, he's a bad guy? Guys like Kronwall and Z are total professionals who know the end is closer than the beginning. They're not going to get pouty about Ericsson being moved down the lineup when his play dictates he ought to be moved down the lineup.

I don't care how many times you've been "in the room", you haven't been in it now. You have no idea what is going on "in the room" with Blashill and his guys.

The be-all, end-all is that no matter how many "oh, if it works out, he could be here a long time caveats" you put, every single argument you're posting immediately deems that as something that cannot happen. That he is destined to lose the room because they're 3-3 and are having trouble getting shots on net. Everything is tinted with the "Blashill sucks and shouldn't be an NHL coach" brush.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
20. Connor McDavid both inducted to the Hall of Fame and elected Prime Minister by the all-star break.

Actual Thought*

And? Yeah, there is a possibility that Blashill doesn't work out. There is also a possibility that a meteor will strike me on my way to work in the morning.

You're not giving him a chance. You are definitively saying "Blashill WILL lose the room", not that there is a chance, but that it is certain to happen.

Also... Everyone and their mother has been clamoring for Ericsson off Kronwall's pairing and Blashill does it and all of a sudden, he's a bad guy? Guys like Kronwall and Z are total professionals who know the end is closer than the beginning. They're not going to get pouty about Ericsson being moved down the lineup when his play dictates he ought to be moved down the lineup.

I don't care how many times you've been "in the room", you haven't been in it now. You have no idea what is going on "in the room" with Blashill and his guys.

The be-all, end-all is that no matter how many "oh, if it works out, he could be here a long time caveats" you put, every single argument you're posting immediately deems that as something that cannot happen. That he is destined to lose the room because they're 3-3 and are having trouble getting shots on net. Everything is tinted with the "Blashill sucks and shouldn't be an NHL coach" brush.

That is because I believe that he sucks and is likely to lose the room. I am entitled to that opinion (MOD) because you thought Babcock was holding the team back and Blashill was the savior. Funny Blashill gets unwavering support until the games start and his team turns in another abysmal outing.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

No he wouldn't be the first coach, heck he wouldn't be the first coach this calendar year. Have you not been paying attention at all to what they have to say about the guy you're crying for even after he ditched us and isn't coming back?

Babcock lost the room as well, they were completely fed up with him. They were playing for each other, it is literally dripping off every statement they make. So even if Blashill was miraculously to lose the room sometime this season, which seems incredibly unlikely, they would still play for each other and for the leadership group. They have history of doing that when they distrust the coach... They have said as much all summer.

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.

No one is right, or wrong yet, about Blash. We're only 6 games into the season. Way too early to judge now. 20 games maybe will get a better idea of where they might end up. We have what, 76 games left? I don't think we can draw much of a conclusion yet. The jury is out. I have plenty of faith in Blash.
i like that he's making adjustments, like moving Ericcson off the top pair. And talking Holland into keeping Larkin up. You got to admit, that was a great decision.:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad