Laval Rocket: Game 7 vs. Rochester Americans (Laval Loses 4-3)

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
He won 3 Calder Cup with the Americans (and one with the Springfield Indians who are now the Utica Comets).

The Hershey Bears are the top team for Calder Cups with 11. Rochester is 4th with 6 but they are 2nd in Finals appearance with 16.
Awesome. The Hershey Bears! (Awesome maroon uniforms). The Hershey Bears and Amerks are scalps every hockey player should want.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Good job by Poehling in the corner to draw the penalty. Laval to the PP.

Their PP has not been good so far tonight despite scoring on one. But real key PP coming up.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Marcotte was saying that fans started leaving after Rochester made it 4-2 with under 5 minutes left. Moments later, Laval makes it 4-3 and Marcotte says people started coming back. :laugh:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Laval didn't and did deserve to lose.

They didn't deserve to lose because they were the better team.

They did deserve to lose because they missed too many golden opportunities. The first that come to mind are the 3 high danger chances Ylonen missed on in the first period.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
THE END

So sad, no come back. Playing from behind all game is a killer.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I thought Laval looked very good for most of the game, but for some reason the puck just kept going into their net.

Fairbrother just keeps getting better every game.

Ylonen is very vanilla. He has the skating and puck handling, but his overall impact is just meh. It was noticeable last year as well, outside of a few stretches. His point totals is misleading. He racked up some secondary assists so far, but wasn't really a factor on those goals.

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
I thought Laval looked very good for most of the game, but for some reason the puck just kept going into their net.

Ylonen is very vanilla. He has the skating and puck handling, but his overall impact is just meh. It was noticeable last year as well, outside of a few stretches. His point totals is misleading. He racked up some secondary assists so far, but wasn't really a factor on those goals.

Ha I just wrote that I was impressed with Ylonen. I do agree that he could improve his urgency, but I really like his positioning. I think he is getting closer to putting all together.... I may be wrong though!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I agree that Ylonen is vanilla in the sense that he's not flashy and won't dazzle you. But he is effective. His skating is elite. And he has an NHL shot (though he needs to work on his accuracy). When he's on the ice, things tend to happen because he makes his opponents a little uncomfortable with his speed.

Last night, he was one of Laval's best players. He should have not missed those golden opportunities in front of the net. But despite those, he was one of the best players on the ice.

Also, a secondary assist is still an assist. You say it like it's meaningless.

He has 3 assists.

1 - He set up Belzile for a PP goal.
2 - He took a shot, it was blocked, but the puck went to Dauphin, who scored.
3 - He was behind the net with a guy on him. He comes out with the puck, passes it back to Fairbrother on the blue line, who sends it to JS Dea, who scores.

He's a factor in the goals. You can argue the shot that was blocked and the puck ended up going to Dauphin might not be as much of a factor. But his shot was hard and low. If he doesn't take that shot, that goal doesn't happen. Also, he was part of the lead up to the goal even before he took his shot.

And more to that, even plays that don't end up in goals, he still is a factor in the play. It just doesn't end up in a goal.

He's not polished and has things to work on. But I think your assessment of Ylonen isn't accurate.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

he really impressed me last year but so far this year he hasn't looked good at all, though he seems to be starting to come around as most of the time chances are he buries that one that was like the 3rd or 4th good chance he had to score as the goalie wasn't in position at all. He needs to get going for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad