Pre-Game Talk: Game 7 | Pens vs. Stars #HockeyFightsCancer

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I miss bylsma., at least he always had geno and sid over 100 points, johnstons system is boring

Bylsmas system is plenty exciting if you like to watch your favorite team being hemmed in their own zone for large chunks of the game. I've been watching the Buffalo games and he's still employing his stupid 3 second rule for the dmen. It's an adventure almost every time watching them try to get the puck out of their zone.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
If MJ and DB coached together.. this board would be incredible. :laugh: They would sit in a room and gush over Adams, Scuds, Kunitz, etc.

Good lord. You have 9 games to work with this guy and you screw up the Visa and then sit him? WHaaaaaaat?

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Disagree that they always came back and supported. DB hockey had them hanging out for stretch passes way too often. Letang surrounded by forecheckers. Malkin: "You got it? Hit me, Im open."

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Yeah. Visa issues should be on the organization as much as the ****ing 18 year old focused on making an NHL team. Something a handful of second rounders have done out of the draft in over a decade.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Second round picks hardly ever make it into the NHL right off the bat. Even on a 9 game "trial." Especially not teams that are supposed to be stacked with talented forwards and also supposed to be Stanley Cup contenders. Not to mention cap-strapped. Oh and also treats any player under 30 like they are the plague. The level of work, dedication and talent required are kind of off the charts, all things considered.

The Penguins should be counting their lucky stars. They should be bending over backward to do everything in their power to evaluate him honestly and in all situations to see if he can hack it this year. They should be giddy with anticipation that he might.

Instead he seems almost like an unwanted burden to them. Someone that they HAD to keep up both because it would look bad to send him back and because it makes a nice story for them. This team seems to dread new opportunity.

It's as sad and pathetic as it is confusing. They NEED guys like Sprong to succeed. Not really for now... but for soon-enough.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Disagree that they always came back and supported. DB hockey had them hanging out for stretch passes way too often. Letang surrounded by forecheckers. Malkin: "You got it? Hit me, Im open."

Stretch passes to guys sitting at the blueline with very little speed, so even if they did get the puck through, it would take time to build speed while the forecheckers caught up to them. No thanks.

kodoshin

Mar 26, 2007
Against my better judgment I purchased tickets to this game. I do not get to the arena often so hopefully this works out. Even though the Pens have pulled out the last 3 games they were hardly impressive and Dallas certainly handled us in the opener.

An aside, does Consol let you use your phone to check-in your tickets? I'm unable to print mine right now.

mynameisnick4

Jan 18, 2012
Pittsburgh
Against my better judgment I purchased tickets to this game. I do not get to the arena often so hopefully this works out. Even though the Pens have pulled out the last 3 games they were hardly impressive and Dallas certainly handled us in the opener.

An aside, does Consol let you use your phone to check-in your tickets? I'm unable to print mine right now.
Yeah you should be fine.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Just got a ticket for $25. Keep up the mediocre hockey, I say.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Yeah this is just stupid. Did MJ decide to completely change the system during the last 2 practices? I don't see why Sprong missing 2 practices should stop him from playing tonight. MJ might be worse than Bylsma.
Johnston's lineups are frustrating, but he did scratch Adams, Scuderi, and demoted Kunitz to the third line. It was only for a few games each, but that's more than Bylsma ever did.

Oh, and he has yet to ask a HoF RW to switch to LW mid-season with only a few weeks until the playoffs so that Pascal Dupuis could remain on L1.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Dude first, don't post in WHITE it's hard to read.

I speak Russian and I know what Pravda means.

However if YOU don't know that using the term "Pravda" as a reference to propaganda, I.e. Dis-information, or NOT TRUTH, if you will, and that I used the term "literally"'in an ironic way to poke fun at DK's site, then I LITERALLY don't know what to tell you.

Seriously, chill.

I would have thought the ":laugh:" was an indicator that I wasn't taking it very seriously, but, hey, sorry to get you all riled up.

As for the white text, that was deliberate. It hides the text until someone tries to quote it or highlights it. The clarification there spoils the joke, but I figured explaining it would explain why I felt compelled to comment on it. Considering you seemed to have missed my reference to the newspaper in the white text, maybe you've got your reply editor in wysiwyg mode? :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad