GDT: Game 7 - New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche - 8pm EST, ESPN, ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
35B915B5-D974-4E06-8AFE-EEED3D441E30.jpeg

1F2A4397-BBC4-4B0F-8B48-75E58B2549E3.jpeg

E6F189B1-C630-406E-8AE4-279EC6A8B165.jpeg

New York Rangers vs Colorado Avalanche
8pm EST - ESPN,ESPN+

“It’s Game Day”
4A0C7B1F-7352-4F3F-8733-989D5242ACB4.gif

421476FD-E184-4E01-936C-B9BBAE7CEFF0.jpeg
29B036F5-FF2A-4FC0-AFEC-47109847BC40.jpeg

5CC29EEE-D3E9-4B82-BE6A-32A72654F760.gif

9DF6AE6E-67A6-4C86-B660-0A1F0F90A841.png
Avalanche Projected Line up

Artturi Lehkonen -- Nathan MacKinnon -- Mikko Rantanen
Valeri Nichushkin -- Alex Newhook -- Evan Rodrigues
Andrew Cogliano - J.T. Compher -- Logan O'Connor
Dryden Hunt -- Mikhail Maltsev -- Martin Kaut

Devon Toews -- Cale Makar
Bowen Byram -- Josh Manson
Samuel Girard -- Erik Johnson

Alexandar Georgiev
Pavel Francouz

Scratched: Kurtis MacDermid, Jacob MacDonald

Injured: Gabriel Landeskog (knee surgery), Darren Helm (lower body)

AC264BE8-84C1-4F11-B2BA-1F5D0343BD85.jpeg
Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Kaapo Kakko
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Jimmy Vesey -- Barclay Goodrow -- Vitali Kravtsov
Sammy Blais -- Ryan Carpenter -- Ryan Reaves

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Zac Jones -- Braden Schneider

Igor Shesterkin
Jaroslav Halak

Scratched: Libor Hajek,
Injured: Filip Chytil

568945E4-06E2-4FD4-B20B-1ADA97640977.jpeg

575D77BE-2EB8-44B5-9EB7-0C1209BC6FBA.gif

Last edited:

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Still don’t get why Halak started last game.

Should have been Shesterkin against Columbus, Halak against Colorado, and Shesterkin against the Islanders.

Games intra-division games are more important than inter-conference. Who cares that Colorado won the Cup and it’s Georgiev’s return.

But sure, let’s have our backup play two divisional games. Makes no sense. And it makes even less sense that Halak started on a non-back-to-back game.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004

Should have been Shesterkin against Columbus, Halak against Colorado, and Shesterkin against the Islanders.

Games intra-division games are more important than inter-conference. Who cares that Colorado won the Cup and it’s Georgiev’s return.

But sure, let’s have our backup play two divisional games. Makes no sense. And it makes even less sense that Halak started on a non-back-to-back game.
Bc this is a measuring stick type of game to see where you are against the cup champion. You don't play your backup against the cup champion unless you're tanking regardless of 3 in 4 or b2b. This game was circled on the schedule by the coaches as soon as the schedule was released. Any team wanting to take the step to be a champion wants to beat the existing champions when you play them.

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Bc this is a measuring stick type of game to see where you are against the cup champion. You don't play your backup against the cup champion unless you're tanking regardless of 3 in 4 or b2b. This game was circled on the schedule by the coaches as soon as the schedule was released. Any team wanting to take the step to be a champion wants to beat the existing champions when you play them.
You should play to win every game, and starting our backup in two of those 3 games gives you less of a chance of doing so. Games against your division are easily more important than facing the Cup champs, especially when you get another game against them.

I’d much rather get an early lead in the division standings right now to give us some padding for later in the year when those games get harder to win.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
You should play to win every game, and starting our backup in two of those 3 games gives you less of a chance of doing so. Games against your division are easily more important than facing the Cup champs, especially when you get another game against them.

I’d much rather get an early lead in the division standings right now to give us some padding for later in the year when those games get harder to win.
Our schedule is condensed earlier and if you're a team eyeing the cup you are taking the champs w your best lineup. You arent worrying about seeding in October. Different mentalities for different caliber of teams.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

wonder if it was giving igor extra rest to go back to back tue/wed with it being col/nyi. have 2 days off after nyi as well so if there was ever a back to back igor might play this would make sense. if its not that the halak start against cbj doesnt make any sense to me

Reactions: Kane One

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ

Gallant

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
if I ever actually wanted to hear Igor's better chants, this might be it. I wanna see him crack in net

I wouldn't like the look of it, but I sure love me some chirp and mockery from the fans in sports.

The goaltending fan in me, wants to see a goaltending duel for the gods.
(just for the HF meltdowns)

The game is in NYC with a 8 PM start, so a 9 PM in Colo ... wtf is this?

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Definitely a PIZZA HUT worthy game tonight. Igor & Georgiev skate to center ice and have a goalie fight

74,049,155,382,777-0 NYR

Kravtsov (74,049,155,372,000)
Georgiev own goals (552)
Panarin (107)
Zibanejad (53)
Ghost of Tony D (27)
Shesterkin (15)
Lafreniere (10)
Kakko (7)
Reavo (6)

Wish I was there to boo the worst Ranger in history tonight!

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Top 6 and 4 D are gonna have to carry this team because the bottom 8 are pretty ugly.

Good time to get the PP working again

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

I'm very confident that Igor is starting tonight and tomorrow.

If not, Gallant will have legitimately surprised me with his stupidity and you know where my bar for coaches already is.

Reactions: TheDirtyH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad