Pre-Game Talk: Game 7 Montreal - Boston. Wednesday May 14, 7PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
"It's going to be great, I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." -P.K. Subban on a game 7 in Boston.

Biggest game of the season, I'm so pumped!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
"It's going to be great, I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." -P.K. Subban on a game 7 in Boston.

Biggest game of the season, I'm so pumped!

Biggest game of my LIFE for me..

it WAS game 7 in 2011... now its time to try again lol

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
333icyf.jpg

Quotes by Coach Claude Julien

On not whining in the playoffs
"This is intense playoffs, and I'm not here to whine and cry about things…This is playoff hockey, and it's intense with both teams.” (vs Buffalo Sabres 2010)

“As far as I'm concerned, the League has made a decision on it and we move on. … We're not the type of team that whines and cries about things like that.” (vs Vancouver Canucks 2011)

On not whining about refereeing

Referees have a tough job to do. One thing you don't want to do is criticize them. (vs Lightnings 2011)

On Refereeing

"On the winning goal, it's a very weak (penalty) call in my mind, and it ended up costing us the winning goal." (vs Capitals 2012)

“We score a goal late in that second and get ourselves back in the game and it’s a 3-2 hockey game and you get a power play and you get a call like that, it’s mind-boggling sometimes,…. I think it was based on the reputation, as simple as that.” (vs Ducks 2014)

"They scored three goals on the power play and it took us a long time to get our first one, and that certainly dictated the game. And what was more disappointing is probably the fact that, you know, I don't know if I agree with those calls. And hopefully what was said today didn't have any impact on that, because if it did, I'd be really disappointed. (vs Lightnings 2011)

"We went out there and played the game. I thought we were very disciplined tonight. And again, it just seemed like it was one of those tough nights when you look back at some of those penalties, whether you're allowed to agree or disagree. I'm one of those guys tonight that probably disagreed on a lot of them. (vs Lightnings 2011)

“We’re not blessed with too many power plays,” “It’s a part that we still can’t figure out why. We see reasons we should be on the power play. …We just don’t get a ton of power plays.” (vs Devils 2014)

“I couldn’t believe they didn’t call the cross-check and the punch to the head. It’s one of those nights that I was really disappointed in a lot of the calls.” (vs Sabres 2013)

"The one thing is, this is the second cross-check in two games. Krejci got cut below the nose by the cross-check in Game 1, and now that one, and there’s absolutely nothing we can do about it except that there's no call on it, on the play. Whether they missed it or not, it could be." (vs Capital, 2012)

“That was the frustrating part for me. When we were in Washington for the last game, twice they had players go down in their own end, and we had full control of the puck, and the whistle was blown right away with no hesitation. And tonight they decided they’re not. So, I was a little perturbed. Is there two sets of rules or one? I know they’re different referees, but it’s still the same series. That was frustrating because they ended up scoring a goal on that.” (vs Capitals 2012)

"It's like that first call that cost us a goal 5-on-3. They had seven guys on the ice. (Milan) Lucic was on the ice already. There were no issues there in my mind. It was one of those calls that was made. I'm not going to stand here and criticize the referees. In a brawl like that, they're trying to sort things out. I counted seven, we get to see the replays. They didn't. You don't whine about those things you just move on." (vs Canucks 2012)

On other teams embellishing

“To me it pretty obvious. Their guy (Carcillo), when you watch replays, everybody's seen how he embellishes. It's hard to believe a guy when you see the stuff that he does. (vs Flyers)

“ We’re not a team that will go down, and, I’ve said that many times, and start rolling on the ice for no reason, (vs Capitals, 2012)

Unfortunately in the third [McQuaid] got himself a penalty that was I guess typical of what we’re trying to get out of the league — the embellishment,” …“When you see the guy (Dan Girardi) jump into the glass and embellish, that’s what we gotta take out of the game. It’s unfortunate and put us down 5-on-3.” (vs Rangers 2013)

"I don't think we do our game-planning around (Andrew) Shaw,… We know he's good at embellishing, too, at times. We know all that stuff. We've done our research." (vs Black Hawks 2013)

But a few months later...
“They play the game the right way,There’s no embellishment, there’s no crap, there’s none of that stuff.” (on Black Hawks , 2014)

(Regarding Recchi saying Habs embellishing Paccioretty’s injury from Chara)
“When you see a guy (Recchi) with that kind of experience say something like that, you know what he's doing." (vs Canadiens)

Cheapshots by Bruins are other team’s fault

(Marchand’s cheapshot on Sami Salo = 5 games suspension)
“I'd rather see a guy (Marchand) protect himself and take a penalty than not protect himself and lose him for the year. And that's my point, and I'm going to keep making my point, I don't care what anyone else thinks about it. It's what we do , it's what we believe in, and we're going to protect our players, that's what we're trying to do." (vs Canucks, 2012)

We seem to be the team that's doing bad things. They seem to be the team that's on the nice side of all that stuff and they do nothing wrong. (vs Sabres, 2010)

"There was a lot of frustration in the last game we played. Part of it was us sticking up for ourselves. And they have a tendency to try and stir the pot -- and then look innocent in those situations. (vs Canadiens, 2011)

“I guess we’re stupid, Somehow the Bruins happen to be the team that people prefer picking on and think we’re the bruisers and the example of the league.” (vs Canucks, 2012)

Cheapshots by other team are below Bruins standard

(Following Canucks’ Maxime Lapierre putting fingers in Bruins players’s face)
"I can't really talk about their team,… It's not up to me to comment on it and if that's acceptable for them, so be it,( …)Certainly wouldn't be acceptable on our end of it. I think you know me enough to know that. ….The NHL ruled on something and (the Canucks) decided to make a mockery of it. It's totally up to them. If that's their way of handling things, so be it…. (Canucks, 2011)

Bruins doing the exact same thing…

mark-recchi-lapierre-mouth.jpg

video_milan_lucic_escalates_finger_bite_mockery_with_canucks.jpg

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
This will be the BIGGEST game of the season. Yes, bigger than G7 in Final, because without this win, Habs won't reach Final.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Win or lose, I'll be happy if they play hard and look like they belong with the contenders.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I posted this in a wrong thread, but here I go

a few things that make me uncomfortable.

1. Habs have yet to win two in a row in this series.
2. They've been outplayed in all three games in Boston.
3. They have 1-2L in Beantown.
4. They've been outscored on the road 12-9 (they've outscored the Bruins 8-4 at home).

This really has been a series of the Home team. It really makes me nervous for tomorrow's game.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Sponsor
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
I posted this in a wrong thread, but here I go

a few things that make me uncomfortable.

1. Habs have yet to win two in a row in this series.
2. They've been outplayed in all three games in Boston.
3. They have 1-2L in Beantown.
4. They've been outscored on the road 12-9 (they've outscored the Bruins 8-4 at home).

This really has been a series of the Home team. It really makes me nervous for tomorrow's game.

Throw everything out the window. This is game 7 anything can happen

skipp18

Oct 18, 2006
Montreal
Faceoffs are definitely a concern. We need to capitalize on those offensive zone draws, especially to start a power play or when the Bruins have a tired group on after an icing.

The Habs have been OK in this series on Draws at home: 108-103
But not so good in Boston: 99-124.

vtm26

Oct 28, 2013
Price gotta play the game of his life.

And Rask has to play like he always plays in Game 7s. ;)

Bob Cole

Tom ******* Brady
Oct 30, 2009
Lock it up. John who found the dogs will be at the game with tony. No way we lose now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce