Pre-Game Talk: GAME 7 - Habs vs Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
I agree and I’ve always hated when people say if it wasn’t for your goalie you wouldn’t have a chance. How come they never say that when a team has a dominant forward who carries a team to playoff success?

Also, as far as Gustafsson, I actually feel pretty confident when he has the puck on his stick. He may have defensive shortcomings but he makes good passes including out of the zone which is huge on this team.
Leafs fan: I think it's a bullshit narrative that Price is just stone cold robbing the Leafs. We on our end anyway need to stop this nonsense it was the same excuse last year against Columbus.

Price does not look like the Price of 5-7 years ago. He looks like a standard good NHL goalie. For reference:

Price: 15 GA on 203 Shots against - 0.926
Campbell: 11 GA on 175 Shots against - 0.937

Enjoy your game 7 victory. Our boys in blue don't turn up to game 7's. If you guys read the Leafs board rn you'll see that most of us have already accepted what's to come with this game. I'm thinking of betting 100 on the Habs so I can at least get something out of it. All I'm saying is to stop making it about Price. You guys while being less "skilled" showed up. It's not a matter of Leafs playing phenomenally and getting robbed by Price and getting oh so unlucky. We need our team to wake up and learn from this loss. Showing up and not choking in pressure situations is a "skill" too.

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I have a gut feeling that Carey Price is going to get a shutout in game #7. It's a big game and he is going to be at his best.
Noooooo...

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

tenor.gif

Help me @Runner77
e0dc83596f21d0767c9dff94f57153a6.gif

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
my state of mind is: they've already won 2 more than i expected, its all gravy at this point and win or lose, leafs fans wont be bragging about beating the habs in 4-5.

i think they lose by a goal, but christ im happy i at least got the see the last game with the fans in the stand, very cathartic experience

gotta love playoffs hockey

GHG

Reactions: Gamimenos

Saxon

Mar 9, 2015
Leafs fan: I think it's a bullshit narrative that Price is just stone cold robbing the Leafs. We on our end anyway need to stop this nonsense it was the same excuse last year against Columbus.

Price does not look like the Price of 5-7 years ago. He looks like a standard good NHL goalie. For reference:

Price: 15 GA on 203 Shots against - 0.926
Campbell: 11 GA on 175 Shots against - 0.937

Enjoy your game 7 victory. Our boys in blue don't turn up to game 7's. If you guys read the Leafs board rn you'll see that most of us have already accepted what's to come with this game. I'm thinking of betting 100 on the Habs so I can at least get something out of it. All I'm saying is to stop making it about Price. You guys while being less "skilled" showed up. It's not a matter of Leafs playing phenomenally and getting robbed by Price and getting oh so unlucky. We need our team to wake up and learn from this loss. Showing up and not choking in pressure situations is a "skill" too.
In order for those numbers to be meaningful, you'd have to assume they are performing against equal offenses..... which they obviously are not.

HostileCapSpace

Jul 1, 2019
Montreal
I'd put Byron with them, put gallagher elsewhere

But god forbid Danault complains about it again lol..

Danault needs to accept that he's this Habs generation's version of Carbonneau/Gainey. I doubt he will though. It sucks because it's an incredibly important piece to winning.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Danault needs to accept that he's this Habs generation's version of Carbonneau/Gainey. I doubt he will though. It sucks because it's an incredibly important piece to winning.

He has done a fine job of it so far this series. He took the challenge and has owned it. But still one more hurdle to go. A big hurdle.
No complaining yet I've heard about.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Good luck tonight. Would like to see Habs win and shut up Toronto media. Really want to see the look and that fat pig O'Neill after Leafs win.

Reactions: HostileCapSpace

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
A lot of laff fans are still being arrogant and cocky about tonight's game, coming up with delusions like they lost on purpose to let JT rest for next series. Hockey gods take note please.

Last edited:

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
In order for those numbers to be meaningful, you'd have to assume they are performing against equal offenses..... which they obviously are not.
Even if I agree I don’t think you can use that to completely disregard the numbers either. What percentage deflation do you want to apply that is actually reasonable? 10%? The performance by both goalies have been very comparable.

I hate saying this on your turf but the Price of 5 years ago is the Price of 5 years ago. He hasn’t looked like legendary Price for a while now. Also I just find the skill logic inconsistent. If the Leafs are oh so skilled why are they not winning? I think we can both agree that on paper the Leafs are more skilled. Is it because they are playing phenomenally and just getting robbed by Price all game? I don’t think so. The same high caliber Leafs offence does not work in the playoffs. I don’t think we can just jump to on paper vs off paper when convenient. You have to somehow quantify the argument. Add in a graph for high danger scoring chances and I bet the numbers between the two goalies are still very similar. But you can’t just disregard Campbell because of the offence argument when our offence isn’t the same post season.

I’m just sick of Leafs fans doing this every year to excuse our core. I guess with you guys it’s a little different. Historically one of your biggest superstars has been your goalie so it’s understandable that there’s a nostalgic bias to believe “Carey’s back” sorta thing. But tbh there hasn’t been a significant difference in goaltending all series. If you come to our board rn it’s a bloodbath; we’ve bashed everyone including the 2 Muskoka boys who have a longer leash than a guy who was a nobody coming into this/last season.

I just want my team to be recognized for the joke they are properly. Just saying goaltending seriously understates how bad the team is at turning up. Objectively speaking by all metrics and eye test imo both goalies nullified each other. Today will be another exhibit of the Leafs folding like a cheap tent as they have in their past 3 game 7s (Columbus series was 2-2 best of 5)

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
A lot of laff fans are still being arrogant and cocky about tonight's game, coming up with delusions like they lost on purpose to let JT rest for next series. Hockey gods take note please.

If they did (they didn't), it backfired terribly. Muzzin is their most important D-man and he doesn't pull his groin if the series is finished in 5.

Reactions: Riddick412
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad