GDT: Game 7: Finland Vs Slovakia | 9AM EST 3PM CET | FIN 8 - 1 SVK

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Saarela is an OK player, but he's clearly not a #1 center and it's showing. Killinen and Oden are just not good enough to be in top-6 roles.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
I do not like propping up my own guys, but I feel like Topi Niemelä was wrongly omitted from the team. The guy is the 3rd best puck moving D in the leading Liiga team.
But on paper, the names Honka, Heinola, Thomson DO look better. I don't think it's a huge omission, but man would I enjoy seeing him do what he does against younger players.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
I wouldn't like to prop up my own guys, but I feel like Topi Niemelä was wrongly omitted from the team. The guy is the 3rd best puck moving D in the leading Liiga team.
But on paper, the names Honka, Heinola, Thomson DO look better. I don't think it's a huge omission, but man would I enjoy seeing him do what he does against younger players.

It's weird. Seppälä hasn't played in a month but they still picked him over Topi

Reactions: Ippenator

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Ranta- Tanus -Puistola
Maccelli- Räty -Räty

Let's play with two offensive lines and two defensive lines now.

Reactions: Ippenator

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Finns have a lead but we are quite solid, surprisingly. On the other hand, I have doubts we will score since Annunen is huuuge in the net. Not possible to score against him.

Reactions: Stubu

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
It's weird. Seppälä hasn't played in a month but they still picked him over Topi
It's fine though. Niemelä will get to play next year for sure, I bet the age was a huge factor because like Aatu, he's still 17.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
What Nousiainen is supposed to do in the first PP unit?

I have no idea. Then again I also have no idea why Raipe insists on putting Thomson on the PP, the dude just doesn't have much offensive talent.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Ranta- Tanus -Puistola
Maccelli- Räty -Räty

Let's play with two offensive lines and two defensive lines now.
To be honest I was shocked to see both Rätys on The 4th and Oden in a top 6 spot. I haven't followed much of KooKoo so I trusted Helminen because his team has surely scouted everyone for everyone's own strengths.

The thing is though that I don't think Aatu will become a 4th liner and playing him on the 4th without any PP time is wasting him. If you don't think he can be a top 6-er, as he has mostly played up to this point in his career, why even bring him to the games?

Well we have a lot of hockey to see but after 4 periods the image isn't exactly bright.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
I have no idea. Then again I also have no idea why Raipe insists on putting Thomson on the PP, the dude just doesn't have much offensive talent.
They are using Thomson wrong. Put him in the "Ovechkin" position and let someone else manage the point.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Oden was on the ice for over 9 minutes in the first?!

Guess we know who Raipe's favorite is... :laugh:

Zub

Nov 7, 2015
Helsinki
Thomson playing like a moron again, he should wipe that smile off his face and stop going offside and shooting wide or right into the feet all the time, how many penalties does he have now? How the f did he get to be captain?

Reactions: king89

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
5 vs 3 for Slovakia, courtesy of Finland's defense doing stupid things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad