Post-Game Talk: Game 7: Caps @ Bolts | 5/23/18 | 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
The good: Burakovsky, does red or white go with the crow that I'll have for supper tonight. TB fans serenading Holtby early in the second period. . . . really? Ovechkin's face all night long. Trotz doing the lap in the AM practice. Tom Wilson!

The bad: Paquette's boarding of Orpik and no call. Unbelievable. The referees, NBC . . .. Early ticket prices for the finals at Cap One, woof!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Props to whichever of McCauley or Sutherland called that early holding the stick penalty on the Bolts (Pointe maybe?). Sent a message early in the game that even though it's G7, Bolts weren't going to be able to get away with that crap.

Also thumbs up to the linesmen for putting up with how exercised Willy was about Coburn yanking off Kuzy's jersey. Could have easily been a misconduct on Willy, but maybe the refs recognized that there was something hockey code honorable about how pissed Wilson was.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Pretty impressive posts. What's your take on the Caps vs Vegas?
Well I learned when I 1st started out gambling on sports is never go against your gut no matter what the odds , or what the pundits say because 9/10 times you will regret it. Oilers had a lot easier time against Vegas than they did with the Caps both play a similar clog the middle and penalize on your mistakes game . I like Caps speed better and they know Fluery weaknesses probably better than any other team . My gut is telling me this will go 6or 7 again . So with that I take Caps. here was another post I made in game 6 against the Pens , I had a gut feeling Holtby would come up huge 2 So in the last 2 games is pretty huge , And Gut feelings can be wrong at times as well but not very often

uGjRt8G.png

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It feels great walking in to work today and people congratulating me like I did something, just from knowing how much I care.

I had people texting me the same way all night and this morning, like I had won the game personally. Dropped my kid at school (rockin' his Ovie #8 t-shirt) and the librarian yelled across the parking lot "Let's Go Caps!!!" Not gonna lie, it was pretty cool feeling.

The best was my friend from L.A. who I grew up going to Kings games with and who I was with every step of the way in 2012. He wants them to win for my sake as much as I rooted for the Kings for him.

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Hunter I had people texting me the same way all night and this morning, like I had won the game personally. Dropped my kid at school (rockin' his Ovie #8 t-shirt) and the librarian yelled across the parking lot "Let's Go Caps!!!" Not gonna lie, it was pretty cool feeling.

The best was my friend from L.A. who I grew up going to Kings games with and who I was with every step of the way in 2012. He wants them to win for my sake as much as I rooted for the Kings for him.

My phone was blowing up last night. Pretty sure all hardcore fans had similar experiences.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
I’m still pretty confused by people who don’t love Wilson dropping the gloves. The leading scorer in the entire playoffs got his sweater ripped off and thrown on the ice in a Game 7. Yeah, when you do that it’s time to eat a knuckle sandwich. To me it says a lot about the togetherness of this team. Also, let that be a message to VGK if they plan on taking liberties. The Caps are all-in and that’s why they’re here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad