GDT: Game #7 | Blues vs. Hawks | "Clever Title Edition"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Dunn's confidence keeps growing almost every game and his play reflects it. The more aggressive his play the better decisions he seems to make.

Parayko is still playing solid but I keep waiting for him to be more aggressive with the puck.

I don't think there can be a Blues nationally televised game without a passive aggressive comment made about St. Louis in some way. This time it was Doc. When the fans were chanting 1, 2, 3 he pointed out that it basically wasn't necessary because the score was on top of the screen.

Was a really good game overall but the PP needs creativity.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Steen looked like a guy that missed most of training camp and has no timing or game conditioning. But I'm glad he's back.

That was Dunn's best game. I don't see how he comes out of the lineup when Bouwmeester comes back. Probably platoons a bit with Gunnarsson, and Prosser gets sent down.

Chicago looked tonight like I thought they would look this year. I think they are a fringe playoff team, and I expect them to miss. It's probably my tinted view, but I think the Blues might be in their heads.

What was the call on that double minor ?

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
The score sheet says Sobotka got a double minor for high sticking. They can make retroactive calls like That? It was the right call, but I thought they'd missed it. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Cant watch, 'cus early work, but I Jope Blues bring a clinic against dicknoses. Have to live a hole Day in Internet blackout so I wont get spoiled.

This needs to be the new GDT title every time we play the Hawk

Lol dicknoses

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Good game by the boys. Lots of guys played really well. Big scares with Schwartz and Petro's crashes into the boards. Glad they are alright. 3rd period was a complete hack job by the refs. I normally don't spout ref bias often, but there was some big BS. A Hawk starts a fight, and you retroactively give us 6 minutes of penalties?!?!?!?! Hartman sits on Jake and its not interference. Total crap all around.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
May the Schwartz be with you.

And also with you.

Dunn's confidence keeps growing almost every game and his play reflects it. The more aggressive his play the better decisions he seems to make.

I don't think there can be a Blues nationally televised game without a passive aggressive comment made about St. Louis in some way. This time it was Doc. When the fans were chanting 1, 2, 3 he pointed out that it basically wasn't necessary because the score was on top of the screen.

Agreed, Dunn has looked better and better every game, really impressive stuff from the youngster. That pass to spring Schwartz for the breakaway was a thing of beauty.

He may not be quite as solid defensively as Gunnar right now, but he's not far off from being a better overall player. And for the record, Gunnar has looked pretty good for the most part this season IMO. Just sayin, if Dunn keeps improving at this rate it will be hard to keep him out of the lineup.

And that snarky comment by Dipshit Doc was so obviously contemptuous. Big time eye roll there.

joshyhockey26

Dec 6, 2015
st louis

Parayko is still playing solid but I keep waiting for him to be more aggressive with the puck.

Was a really good game overall but the PP needs creativity.
PP creativity will come from Dunn in time. That’s right up his alley. You can already see it starting to show in 5 v 5 situations. Just have to give it time.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
That was Dunn's best game. I don't see how he comes out of the lineup when Bouwmeester comes back. Probably platoons a bit with Gunnarsson, and Prosser gets sent down.

I've been an advocate for keeping Gunnarsson in the line up ahead of him, but at this point I don't see how you can keep Dunn out of the lineup. There will be some hiccups along the way, but his poise with the puck has been very refreshing. I'd actually like to see him get some more power play time as well. Kid's a gamer and it feels like he's right on the cusp of making a significant offensive contribution.

Chicago looked tonight like I thought they would look this year. I think they are a fringe playoff team, and I expect them to miss. It's probably my tinted view, but I think the Blues might be in their heads.

Watching the game last night, it was very apparent that they desperately miss Hossa. Saad is a good player, but I think in the long run they'll regret trading Panarin. Their defense looks terrible and I think they'll have to beat teams by winning shootouts. Saad is a good player, but Panarin is a lot more dynamic and dangerous offensively.

The score sheet says Sobotka got a double minor for high sticking. They can make retroactive calls like That? It was the right call, but I thought they'd missed it. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

I think they can go back and call it, but it's astounding to me that Chicago didn't end up with an extra minor on a giant scrum that Bouma basically came off the bench to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad