Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

1698284309309.png

1698284259634.png

Tonight's Officials

1698285033883.png
1698285006454.png

Referees TJ Luxmore (21), Ghislain Hebert (22)
Linespersons Trent Knorr (74), Ryan Daisy (81)

TONIGHT’S GAME -The Bruins host the Ducks tonight in the second of two games between these teams this season and Anaheim’s lone visit toTD Garden this year ... The Bruins are 6-0-0 overall this season and they are 2-0-0 on home ice ... They are 6-0-0 vs. Western Conference teams. -The Bruins open their current four-game home stand tonight vs. Anaheim (0-0-0) ... They will continue hosting Detroit on Oct. 28, Florida on Oct. 30, and Toronto on Nov. 2.

MILESTONES APPROACHING - David Pastrnak is 2 games shy of his 600 NHL games. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 3 goals short of his 100th NHL goal. - James van Riemsdyk is 4 points shy of his 600th NHL assist. - Kevin Shattenkirk is 4 games short of his 900th NHL game. - Charlie Coyle is 6 points shy of his 400th NHL point. - Brad Marchand is 7 assists short of his 500th NHL assist. - James van Riemsdyk is 7 assists shy of his 300th NHL assist. - Derek Forbort is 7 points short of his 100th NHL point. - Charlie McAvoy is 8 assists short of his 200th NHL assist. - Charlie Coyle is 9 games short of his 800th NHL game. - Pavel Zacha is 9 goals shy of his 100th NHL goal. - Jeremy Swayman is 9 games short of his 100th NHL game. - Jake DeBrusk is 10 games short of his 400th NHL game.

INJURIES (3 man-games lost) - None reported.

BOSTON vs ANAHEIM, LIFETIME SERIES - The Bruins and Ducks are meeting for the 43rd time in their histories with Anaheim holding a 19-20-2-1 margin and 116-113 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins and Ducks are even at 10-10-0-1 in 21 home games with Anaheim holding a 63-57 scoring advantage in those contests. - The Bruins have won their last three games of this lifetime series, including a 3-1 road win on 10/22 of this season

NUMBERS

1: Season series completed this season (ANA 2-0-0)

6: Game win streak to start this season, which has tied the best start by the Bruins team since 1937-38 (6-0-0).

7: Players on the current roster new to the organization this season – Johnny Beecher, Patrick Brown, Morgan Geekie, Milan Lucic, Matt Poitras, Kevin Shattenkirk, James van Riemsdyk

9: Players on the current roster who played college hockey – Johnny Beecher, Patrick Brown, Charlie Coyle, Derek Forbort, Trent Frederic, Charlie McAvoy, Kevin Shattenkirk, James van Riemsdyk

11: Former first round draft picks on the current roster – Johnny Beecher, Charlie Coyle, Jake DeBrusk, Derek Forbort, Trent Frederic, Hampus Lindholm, Charlie McAvoy, David Pastrnak, Kevin Shattenkirk, James van Riemsdyk, Pavel Zacha

96.0%: The Bruins killed their frst 18 times short and they are now 24/25 to open the season

579: Current streak of regular season and playoff games sold out at TD Garden.

1698284173961.png

Bruins aim for 7-0-0 start as Ducks visit

The Boston Bruins are 6-0-0 for only the second time in franchise history.

Ahead of a four-game homestand that starts Thursday against the visiting Anaheim Ducks, Bruins coach Jim Montgomery believes his team's game and overall identity continued to evolve while sweeping a four-game road trip, which concluded with a 3-0 win over Chicago on Tuesday.

"Loved the results, loved our goaltending," Montgomery said. "Starting to see our team identity build because I think (Saturday's) L.A. game and this game (Tuesday), you're starting to see us become a heavy, grinding team, which I think is what we're going to have to be."

With the Bruins offense taking a new shape following the retirement of top-two centers Patrice Bergeron and David Krejci, stingy defense has been a huge key.

Boston's plus-12 goal differential sits behind three dynamic offensive clubs' -- Colorado, Vegas and Detroit -- but the seven goals allowed by Linus Ullmark and Jeremy Swayman through six games are the fewest in the NHL by a wide margin (Dallas is next, allowing 10 goals in five games).

"These guys took close attention to detail, played the game plan perfectly," Swayman said in Chicago following his 10th career shutout. "That's special to see as a goalie, to see these guys work their butts off to get on the backcheck, taking away lanes, blocking shots and scoring some goals in a timely manner."

Alongside offensive leaders David Pastrnak and Brad Marchand, 19-year-old rookie Matthew Poitras has emerged with three goals in his past two games. He scored his first two in the third period of Sunday's 3-1 win at Anaheim.

It is becoming almost a certainty that Poitras will use the first year of his three-year, entry-level contract to remain with Boston this season, as he would otherwise be returned to juniors after nine NHL games.

"Making it hard on us, isn't he?" Montgomery said. "He's doing a terrific job."

The Ducks head to Boston following Tuesday's 3-2 overtime win at Columbus, which snapped a three-game skid and marked their first road triumph.

Massachusetts native and former Bruin Frank Vatrano scored 2:20 into the extra session, his fifth goal through six games this season.

Vatrano capped a comeback from a 2-1 deficit that allowed Anaheim to erase what first-year coach Greg Cronin described as a "flat" start in the first period. The Ducks were outshot 37-27 but won 61.4 percent of their faceoffs and went 6-for-7 on the penalty kill in the game.

"I thought our penalty killing really won the game for us. A lot of guys did a great job blocking shots (21 in total)," Cronin said.

The Ducks have also been energized by a touted rookie, 2023 No. 2 overall pick Leo Carlsson, who has not played in the past two games as the team manages his workload.

Carlsson is one of several young Ducks who have made early impacts under Cronin, joining defensemen Pavel Mintyukov and Jackson LaCombe and goaltender Lukas Dostal.

While centering Trevor Zegras and Troy Terry on the top line, Carlsson scored in his NHL debut last Thursday against Dallas.

"It's not easy to play in this league. This is a man's league," Vatrano said. "We're only a few games into this, but they're holding their own and they give us a breath of fresh air out there."

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Hear me out……

How about a WWE Style situation tomorrow where Heinen signs with the Ducks at 10 a.m. and throws down with Poitras at center ice off the faceoff (cuz he’s pissed that Poitras stole all his friends and spot on the team), causing a line brawl and later a heavyweight tilt between Looch and Johnson.

Then for some reason Corey Perry is in the stands and rushes down from his seat only to be intercepted by Frederic, who beats him with his shoe in the runway, while Ken Linesman tweets out a blow by blow account of the whole deal?

Oh and in the stands, Chris NIlan sucker punches a 12 year old girl, because….

he‘s still the biggest scumbag ever to play in the NHL.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thank You @Fenway

When is morning skate tomorrow?
Thursday, October 26 (Warrior Ice Arena | TD Garden)
- Pre-game skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following pre-game skate

- Game vs. Anaheim Ducks, 7 p.m. (TD Garden | TV: NESN | Radio: 98.5)

- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following the game

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Ducks outplayed the Bruins in the latter half of their 1st game (I thought), and I thought it was going to be the Bruins first loss of the season after they scored the opening goal.

Then Poitras scored 2 random goals.

I'd want revenge if I were them lol.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Really hope he's back soon, don't like the way this sounds though
No need to rush him. The puck hit his leg or thigh or something down low. It's so early in the season, he can rest and heal. Hopefully it's nothing too serious. But we can afford to have him sit out for however long he needs.

Reactions: Carl Hungus

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
So I guess this is the moment we lament Greer being claimed on waivers as he would have been the perfect call up. Wonder who fills out the 4th line now.

Reactions: Gordoff

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Ducks outplayed the Bruins in the latter half of their 1st game (I thought), and I thought it was going to be the Bruins first loss of the season after they scored the opening goal.

Then Poitras scored 2 random goals.

I'd want revenge if I were them lol.

It's going to be a slightly different Ducks team as part-time 1C Carlsson should be back into the lineup from his load mgmt schedule, which is playing two games a week akin to an NCAA schedule. Also, Zegras was glued to the benched in the third period and OT for careless mistakes. Gotta see how he bounces back.

No idea about revenge since we won the Columbus game that we shouldn't have won. Hockey karma is weird like that.

Hopefully, Shatty's been good for y'all at $1 mil.

Again, good game and no injuries!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I love a Thursday night hockey game at the regular time! I hope it is nothing serious with Looch. I wonder if Sway will get the nod since he got a shutout last game or if they will alternate anyway?

Another win would be great, no injuries please.

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Milan Lucic (lower-body injury) sat out the last two games and could be out a while longer, pending further testing. If Jakub Lauko (facial laceration sustained Tuesday night) also must sit out, the Bruins could call up a winger from Providence Thursday morning …

First thing I thought when seeing the replay was "Looch got Kobasew-ed"

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad