GDT: Game 7/82: Carolina Hurricanes @ Los Angeles Kings | Fri, Oct 23 2015 - 7:30PM PDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Tv291Xh.jpg

CAROLINA HURRICANES @ LOS ANGELES KINGS
Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 7:30PM PDT
Staples Center | Los Angeles, CA

QaOpmnz.jpg
|
nAeYazv.jpg
CAROLINA|
LOS ANGELES
(2-4-0 4pts)|
(3-3-0 6pts)
|
E. Staal - Rask - Lindholm |
Gaborik - Kopitar - Brown
Gerbe - J. Staal - McGinn |
Lucic - Carter - Toffoli
Skinner - Nestrasil - Versteeg |
Pearson - Shore - Lewis
Malone - McClement - Terry |
Clifford - Andreoff - Nolan
|
Hainsey - Faulk |
McNabb - Doughty
Liles - Jordan |
Muzzin - Martinez
Hanifin - Murphy |
Forbort - Ehrhoff
|
Ward / Lack |
Quick / Enroth​

NEWS | NOTES

MEDIA
TV: FS-W
Radio: AM 790 KABC

MATCHUP
10/23 CAR at LAK
11/22 LAK at CAR

CAROLINA​
|| LOS ANGELES
0-0-0​
|
Series vs​
| 0-0-0
2-4-0 4pts​
|
Record​
| 3-3-0 6pts
7th Met - 13th East - 25th NHL​
|
Standings​
| 4th Pac - 10th West - 20th NHL
0-2-0​
|
Home​
| 2-3-0
2-2-0​
|
Away​
| 1-0-0
2-4-0​
|
Last 10​
| 3-3-0
Won 1​
|
Streak​
| Won 3
2.00​
|
G/GP​
2.83​
|
GA/GP​
8.0%​
|
PP%​
|12.0%
80.0%​
|
PK%​
|87.1%
28.3​
|
S/GP​
25.7​
|
SA/GP​
52.5%​
|
Faceoff %​
| 50.8%

SEASON SCHEDULE | RESULTS
GO0QghV.jpg

Disclaimer: “GDT may not be 100% accurate. I got the line combos from your mom. I used to have Center Ice, Gamecenter Live, and an undercover concession worker in each arena, but this **** costs money. I will admit that my pet otter is using all up that money on his worsening opium problem. I try to not be an enabler, but I haven't had a sea urchin problem in months. Then I thought, why should I pay all this money and have a sea urchin problem to appease fans of random teams that I don't even care about anyway? Unless you are willing to take a bunch of sea urchins off of my hands, don't ***** if I get the lines wrong.†- Boba Fettuccine

Last edited:

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
This'll be the second kings game I attend here.
Should be a win, Hurricanes are pretty bad.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Last time the Kings lost to the Canes at home was back in the 05-06 season. Only been 4 games since then though.

Give me at least a point in a back to back.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Last time the Kings lost to the Canes at home was back in the 05-06 season. Only been 4 games since then though.

Give me at least a point in a back to back.

This.

Gladly take 3 of 4 points in any back-to-back with travel.

Note: "with travel" does not include such instances as a home game and a game in Anaheim.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Who was joking about putting Kopi on the fourth line yesterday?

@Rich_Hammond
Optional this morning for Kings: Kopitar a surprise addition to Clifford, Andreoff, Weal, Nolan, McBain, Forbort, Greene, Quick, Enroth.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

@Rich_Hammond
Optional this morning for Kings: Kopitar a surprise addition to Clifford, Andreoff, Weal, Nolan, McBain, Forbort, Greene, Quick, Enroth.

Kopitar is simply helping the team out with his play, lowering his cap hit to give Dean Lombardi more wiggle room. Such a team player he is.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I've been watching a few Canes games and teams they won (Detroit, Colorado) clearly underestimated them.

Carolina plays a pretty good defensive game and can keep the play outside, which can result into a very frustrating game for the opponent if they dont take them seriously..

I hope the losing streak is still in the back of Kings players heads.. Or else this could be a stinker.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

@Rich_Hammond

he is probably the most frustrated with his lack of production so far.
Interesting he is out there

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Aren't the Canes one of the top possession teams so far into the season? Might be tough to play in a back to back situation. Still optimistic about our chances, Carter line is on fire.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've been watching a few Canes games and teams they won (Detroit, Colorado) clearly underestimated them.

Carolina plays a pretty good defensive game and can keep the play outside, which can result into a very frustrating game for the opponent if they dont take them seriously..

I hope the losing streak is still in the back of Kings players heads.. Or else this could be a stinker.

Kings are usually content to take what an opponent will give them too so that false sense of accomplishment has wrecked more than one game.

However, I'm missing this one, so Kings win :)

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I like to think the 1st line is still considered enough of a threat that the 2nd line is being allowed to exploit 2nd pairings and such.

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
Trap game.

I hope not. I haven't seen the Canes this year but the TSN crew said that Ward was very good Wens vs the Avs in a shutout win. Will see how Lindholm and Hannifin look. McClement is a nice add on the 4th line, good PKer' and faceoff guy. Skinner? I think too many concussions in his first 3 years really affected him. Gerbe has annoyed me since he was a Sabre, during the Flyers Sabres playoffs in 2011 it bothered the crap out of me that nobody could just squash him, he's only about 4 foot tall.
I would like the Kings to get a solid effort from all 4 lines, clean up the zone time, get the puck out faster nad hold onto it longer at the other end
And stay out of the sin bin...too many penalties...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad