Status
Not open for further replies.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
0 hits in 29 mins, - 1
smh

Did people say that?

I just think they are 2 different players... Carlsson seems to control the game a lot more... and fantilli seems a bit more electric in terms of making things happen. I think there will be a lot of time where fantilli doesnt do a ton, but then randomly scores a goal. In a perfect world we could have both... if we could find a "fantili" like player to add to our top 6 that would be perfect.
Everyone's favorite Dirk haha

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Was at the Garden.. I won’t lie that I was excited after the first period, but they seemed to ghost in the second period. I can’t explain it, even when I saw them live for the first time years ago - but the game looks different on the ice vs watching it on TV

I like Strome and his play. Him/Vatrano and McTavish should definitely stay together (or at least Vatrano and Strome) since they have undeniable chemistry. People may call him overpaid, but he is a definite hard worker and good offensive player.

I wouldn’t worry about Zegras. The kid missed most of training camp and will be a step back for a while (anyone remember Nylanders* holdout and slow start?).

Fantilli may have the flash, but Carlsson was definitely the right pick. He is deceptively quick and can dangle in tight spaces

this may be a hot take and quite a far fetched prediction, but if this team can hit more on building chemistry and playing for each other (like today) they could definitely surprise some people a la 2003.. but that’s my opinion

Last edited:

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Carlsson is a great possession player so far.

I haven’t seen elite skill to this point but I’m sure it’s there

Still, I’m satisfied…he’s 18

• Haha
Reactions: SmokeyDuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Carlsson is a great possession player so far.

I haven’t seen elite skill to this point but I’m sure it’s there

Still, I’m satisfied…he’s 18
To clarify since people get defensive about their shiny toY:

He is a FANTASTIC player. The best 18 year old I’ve ever seen dawn a Ducks uniform BY FAR. It’s not even close. Fowler was no where near this good when he was 18

The ability to drive play at his age is ridiculous. I just haven’t personally seen him make high skill offensive moves that make me say he has elite offensive skill. But I know it’s coming on the horizon

• Haha

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Tough starting schedule is now over 3 very winnable games next to give us a chance to get to .500 or better
Dont be so sure.. PHI is playing good hockey this year, Pits always has the ducks number because of Gibson never playing well against them.. And ARI is a different animal this year

Reactions: pbgoalie

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
To clarify since people get defensive about their shiny toY:

He is a FANTASTIC player. The best 18 year old I’ve ever seen dawn a Ducks uniform BY FAR. It’s not even close. Fowler was no where near this good when he was 18

The ability to drive play at his age is ridiculous. I just haven’t personally seen him make high skill offensive moves that make me say he has elite offensive skill. But I know it’s coming on the horizon
Thats not Carlssons Game... Hes Elite Skill is his IQ... His Vision.. Hes not going to beat peope 1 on 1.. He doesn't need to..

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I’ll admit I thought the ducks made a mistake picking carlsson, but wow is that dude electric with the puck.

So many great performances but so lucky not to get burnt by those odd man rushes.

Great goaltending by Gibby.

My favorite moment was watching zegras hustle hard on the backcheck to stop an odd man rush in the third followed by a great play tieing up a stick in front of the net for the 2nd goal. Message received I think, wish we could lock him up for 8 years now. He may not be scoring but he is suddenly doing all those little things to help the team win games.

My mvp of season so far though is Vatrano. Dude compete level is off the charts. He may take an odd bad penalty, but just love what I’m seeing from him.

I didn’t like our 4th line on paper but man carrick Gleason and Johnston holding their own too.

Heck even vaaks looked good out there.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens when killorn, drysdale, and Lundstrom are back. Have to imagine silfverberg, bush, snd max jones must be nervous.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Fowler is ass. He has been one of our worst defensemen this year and it’s time to start talking about it

Thats not Carlssons Game... Hes Elite Skill is his IQ... His Vision.. Hes not going to beat peope 1 on 1.. He doesn't need to..
he can beat people one on one though and I think he will in the future. What I’m saying is he HAS elite skill with the puck. He just hasn’t shown it quite yet

Small sample size

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
View attachment 758617

It's a weird one where most of it doesn't match the eye test.
Actually I think it does. While carlsson like had some good shifts they also got caught out there for a few long ones. Max’s line was very disciplined and strong defensively. Vaaks was very effective too.

I thought bush and minty made some very poor decisions punching and cost us odd man rushes. We are lucky to not get burnt on those.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Fowler is ass. He has been one of our worst defensemen this year and it’s time to start talking about it

he can beat people one on one though and I think he will in the future. What I’m saying is he HAS elite skill with the puck. He just hasn’t shown it quite yet

Small sample size
Re: Fowler, yeah it’s weird. I don’t know if he’s playing injured, or he’s just physically worn out, or he’s pacing himself… but the one thing he usually excels at (skating, separating from forecheckers, etc.) seems like it’s gone. Might just be me, but he looks slow out there. When he gets the puck in the D zone, he’s constantly slowing the play down, letting guys get on top of him, losing battles.

Reactions: AngelDuck

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I’ll admit I thought the ducks made a mistake picking carlsson, but wow is that dude electric with the puck.

So many great performances but so lucky not to get burnt by those odd man rushes.

Great goaltending by Gibby.

My favorite moment was watching zegras hustle hard on the backcheck to stop an odd man rush in the third followed by a great play tieing up a stick in front of the net for the 2nd goal. Message received I think, wish we could lock him up for 8 years now. He may not be scoring but he is suddenly doing all those little things to help the team win games.

My mvp of season so far though is Vatrano. Dude compete level is off the charts. He may take an odd bad penalty, but just love what I’m seeing from him.

I didn’t like our 4th line on paper but man carrick Gleason and Johnston holding their own too.

Heck even vaaks looked good out there.

Gonna be interesting to see what happens when killorn, drysdale, and Lundstrom are back. Have to imagine silfverberg, bush, snd max jones must be nervous.
Bush is Guaranteed a spot.. Hes mentoring Myntikov.. Russian Thing.. They play well together.. I think Vaks is Probably Traded.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
McTavish is consistently dominating possession night in and night out. He’s our best forward so far this season. It’s certainly looking like he’s a gritty low end 1st line center type

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad