GDT: Game #7 | 10/23/14 | Pittsburgh Penguins at Detroit Red Wings | 7:30 PM | FSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
:wings

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Pavel Datsyuk | Henrik Zetterberg | Justin Abdelkader
Tomas Tatar|Riley Sheahan|Gustav Nyquist
Andrej Nestrasil|Darren Helm|Tomas Jurco
Joakim Andersson|Luke Glendening|Drew Miller

Left Defense | Right Defense
Niklas Kronwall | Jonathan Ericsson
Danny DeKeyser | Kyle Quincey
Brendan Smith | Jakub Kindl

Starting Goaltender
Jimmy Howard

:pens

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
Chris Kunitz|Sidney Crosby|Patric Hornqvist
Pascal Dupuis|Evgeni Malkin|Blake Comeau
Nick Spaling|Brandon Sutter|Steve Downie
Zach Sill|Marcel Goc|Craig Adams

Left Defense | Right Defense
Olli Maatta|Kris Letang
Christian Ehrhoff|Paul Martin
Rob Scuderi|Simon Despres

Starting Goaltender
Thomas Greiss

Last edited by a moderator:

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Does Smith get double shifted or something? I seem to recall him being out a lot more often than Kindl, even at ES. Also, is that a sign that Babcock trusts Smith to be able to babysit Kindl? That is hilarious to me given what Smith was even just a year ago.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Pens played yesterday, but they lost and will likely rest Fleury. I'd say they'll be determined to bounce back and also play well in front of the backup(Greiss instead of Fleury isn't making them worse as far as I'm concerned).

Actual Thought*

It will be interesting to see if Babs uses Z against Crosby or if he gives Glendenning the job. If he uses Glendenning how will he hold up? Crosby is pretty easily rattled. It might be fun to watch Glenda pecking at him all night.:laugh:

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Pens played yesterday, but they lost and will likely rest Fleury. I'd say they'll be determined to bounce back and also play well in front of the backup(Greiss instead of Fleury isn't making them worse as far as I'm concerned).

Need to not take penalties tonight. And score at least PP goal tonight.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It will be interesting to see if Babs uses Z against Crosby or if he gives Glendenning the job. If he uses Glendenning how will he hold up? Crosby is pretty easily rattled. It might be fun to watch Glenda pecking at him all night.:laugh:

We'll see I guess but there's also Malkin's line. Z & D will be against one of them and Glenny against the other either way.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane

I think he'll use both Z and Glendening against Crosby, at least if the game is close.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Glendenning will agitate the crap out of Crosby!!!

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Not sure, but when he comes back, is there any possibility Holland waives someone (Cleary) other than sending Jurco down?

TBH unless Jurco starts potting some goals he probably deserves to be sent down. He said himself in pre-season "I left my hands at the airport".

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
TBH unless Jurco starts potting some goals he probably deserves to be sent down. He said himself in pre-season "I left my hands at the airport".
Wouldn't say "deserve" but he's maybe not making a strong enough case to force Holland's hand into waiving someone. The chemistry he has with Tats and Sheahan is the best thing he has going for him, and the breaking of that line could be a sign that Jurco will indeed go down if we get Franzen back.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Meh, if choice is waive Cleary or send Jurco down we should waive Cleary.

Jurco is better than the other options we have, he will get better as the season goes.

Wouldn't HATE him being sent down, but Cleary is just absolutely a waste of a roster spot.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
Meh, if choice is waive Cleary or send Jurco down we should waive Cleary.

Jurco is better than the other options we have, he will get better as the season goes.

Wouldn't HATE him being sent down, but Cleary is just absolutely a waste of a roster spot.

Agreed. If you put in Weiss and eventually Mule back in the lineup. Just waive Cleary. I'm sure his veteran leadership and inside the room or whatever could help the Griffins. Clears is all about the team and organization, right?

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
Offensive slump ends- Wings win 5-2 w/ 2 PP goals. Nyquist breaks out of his 2 game slump and scores 2 and Pavel gets one.

LGRW

One Blurred Eye

Prefer the future.
Sep 27, 2014
Hello Wings board, long-time lurker here decided finally to contribute to the ongoing erosion of the internet as a useful tool of knowledge and communication by spewing all over it my biased opinions and unwarranted optimisms and pessimisms regarding my favored hockey team!

Here's my Dear Santa for tonight:

1) score four or more goals.
2) at least two of the goals have to be scored by someone other than Z, the Electric Goose, or Pavel, and one must be on the powerplay.
3) a beautiful goal from Pavel that isn't waived off.
4) make Crosby cry.
5) make Crosby cry again, and Malkin need a hug.
7) someone crush Scuderi with a nice clean hit.
8) Continued PK excellence; even if it finally gives up a goal, make 'em work double hard for it.
9) No serious injuries to either team (especially ours!).
10) Have the lead with ten minutes left in the game, and then still have it when the third period ends, without floundering around getting completely outplayed after an otherwise strong game, which seems to be a continuing and frustrating trend carrying over from last year.

Thank you, Santa.

Let's go Wings!

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Not sure, but when he comes back, is there any possibility Holland waives someone (Cleary) other than sending Jurco down?

At this point, with how underwhelming he's been this season, he should be sent down. Cleary doesn't bother me when he's sitting in the press box. Jurco could use some confidence, let him go to the AHL and tear **** up down there for awhile. Someone will get injured again, and he will be recalled... hopefully with confidence, hands and finish so he can help the team.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Hello Wings board, long-time lurker here decided finally to contribute to the ongoing erosion of the internet as a useful tool of knowledge and communication by spewing all over it my biased opinions and unwarranted optimisms and pessimisms regarding my favored hockey team!

Here's my Dear Santa for tonight:

1) score four or more goals.
2) at least two of the goals have to be scored by someone other than Z, the Electric Goose, or Pavel, and one must be on the powerplay.
3) a beautiful goal from Pavel that isn't waived off.
4) make Crosby cry.
5) make Crosby cry again, and Malkin need a hug.
7) someone crush Scuderi with a nice clean hit.
8) Continued PK excellence; even if it finally gives up a goal, make 'em work double hard for it.
9) No serious injuries to either team (especially ours!).
10) Have the lead with ten minutes left in the game, and then still have it when the third period ends, without floundering around getting completely outplayed after an otherwise strong game, which seems to be a continuing and frustrating trend carrying over from last year.

Thank you, Santa.

Let's go Wings!

Talk about pipe dream. We're going to need a whole lot more than Santa for this to come true :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad