tumblr_mmrbe3bW7s1s8wrcho1_1280.jpg

Picture of Niemi from todays game

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Drew attempting to interview Niemi on TV:

- maybe knew he'd have a great night after the first period, felt confident
- Olympic break came at a good time, had time off not playing :)naughty:) or practicing much
- it's not how long you stay out there in practice but how much you focus on what you're doing there
- Rangers came really hard, especially early game, and had some great passes to the backdoor
- Stalock has been great, such a great guy and great teammate for everybody
- Sharks are on a winning streak so they're confident that they can go a long way
- ready to go whenever they tell him to go

Paka Ono

Pro Ice Girl Scout
Jun 29, 2011
SF
Great win! Niemi getting hot at the right time and nice to see the Sharks on the good side of a goal review :D

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
SharksStats 3:45pm via Web

Also per @EliasSports, entering today, the Rangers were the only team the Sharks had never shut out.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Boyle ("excellent in the game for much of the contest defensively" per Dan Rusanowsky) on radio postgame interview:

- yes, they did just shut out the Rangers
- Niemi bailed them out tonight, they weren't very good, energy wasn't great, he made some huge saves, and a highlight reel goal by Couture
- says he was horrendous out there
- need to simplify game and not make complicated plays, get puck outside of own zone and into their zone as quickly as they can
- after first, knew they had to be better, not crisp or good coming out of own end
- sometimes you need a goaltender to save you

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
The Rangers are a really good hockey team! If they start scoring, which is bound to happen at some point, they're a scary team!

I am not a fan of the Havlat-Sheppard-Wingels line at all, hopefully Torres can get back in the lineup on Tuesday and slot back in on Sheppard's wing.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I seriously think Niemi is actually the most comfortable of any player on camera. He seems in no way nervous or uncomfortable, he just doesn't know English very well and doesn't have a lot to say. I don't think he is nervous at all.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
The Rangers are a really good hockey team! If they start scoring, which is bound to happen at some point, they're a scary team!

I am not a fan of the Havlat-Sheppard-Wingels line at all, hopefully Torres can get back in the lineup on Tuesday and slot back in on Sheppard's wing.

Me either. Was brutal today. Not enough speed.

sharkbite3

Custom boozer title
Apr 4, 2009
Seaside, CA
I seriously think Niemi is actually the most comfortable of any player on camera. He seems in no way nervous or uncomfortable, he just doesn't know English very well and doesn't have a lot to say. I don't think he is nervous at all.

That's a good point. It's easy to misconstrue how he acts in interviews as being nervous, but we only assume that because of his being Finnish and whatnot.

I love the post about him checking his angles, too. That made me laugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad