BRUINS GDT GAME 69 - @ Pittsburgh - Part 2 - NBCSN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Their far above average mental sharpness is why they have the 2nd best record in the league. They work hard, and pay attention to detail. They have hiccups. Sure. Like everyone.

And the last couple games they have been slipping on that. Hence the need for the late game comebacks. More than just hiccups.

Reactions: BruinsFTW

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The reality that they've been playing without their best goal scorer for over a month or the reality that they are playing with half of their top six forwards out

I wish I could like this post 100 times.

I’m laughing right now about NBC slobbering all over a Pens team that got spanked last night by Columbus, and barely mentioning that Boston is not only missing Pasta, but DeBrusk and MoJo as well.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
That streak put them into a good position. Second place and ahead of all the pretenders. Really who seen this coming with Pasta going down.

Gotta hand it to Cassidy and staff. They changed the practices to high tempo, game situations. That gives them the gas in the end of games they never had under Claude.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not a bad game outside of the first 15 mins, I'd say they score more than 2 goals on most nights with those chances. Murray was quite good.

No issues with the fight in the boys.They battled till very end.Murray robbed them a few for sure.Need to clean up a few areas though.Take to many men calls far to often and another shorthander.Chara pinch was dumb too.That was the backbreaker.

Reactions: Emerz

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The only thing I dont want to see is Stemp playin next game. Call somebody up please.

No. What the Bruins should do is just sign back Brian Gionta, Rick Nash, and what other fossils that aren't on the dialysis machines and put them in for any players that play with any type of speed. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Blowfish

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
And the last couple games they have been slipping on that. Hence the need for the late game comebacks. More than just hiccups.

Probably has something to do with the fact that they have three top F’s out of the lineup and the “fill-ins” aren’t quite as talented.

I’m actually more impressed than concerned given that this team has been able to go on a run missing Pasta and others.

Reactions: Zillah and Alicat

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
For those concerned about how they've been playing of late try to remember every team that has come up against them over the past three or four weeks has been motivated to try an end their streak. They have caught no one sleeping at the switch. And still manage to continue it without their best goal scorer and even recently without debrusk and johanson. Use some perspective people. I fully expected a Pittsburgh blow out tonight all things considered so the fact they came one shot away from continuing the streak is miraculous to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad